forum A Promise of Fire (closed)
Started by @ElderGod-yellowqueen
tune

people_alt 65 followers

@ElderGod-yellowqueen

I'm in a bit of a reading slump and a lot of my rps that I've started really haven't gone anywhere so I'm really hoping this one helps. I am heavily basing this off of one of the first book series that I started. It was something that I had chosen for myself and wasn't something that was influenced by my mom like Harry Potter or any of our ya dystopias we love so much. So the beginning of this going to be very very similar but after the initial set up it will differ however we decide to take it. And the title of this is the title of the book I'm using as inspo. No, you do not need to read it to do this. But just knew this is centered around Greek mythology.

Kingmakers were born once every hundred years. They caused the rise and fall of kings. They were highly sought after. Men died for them, killed for them. Kingmakers can detect a lie and within that lie, the truth, making them valuable assets for a king.
Thalyria was once a country under one rule until greed and power tore it apart into three kingdoms, Fisa, Tarva, and Sinta. The crown was passed on to the eldest of children, whether it be male or female. Kings and queens would have a handful of children to ensure the strongest came out on top. Children would fight and kill amongst themselves for the chance of winning the crown. It was bloodshed and chaos and the way of things. They were Magoi, magic. Nothing would be accepted but the strongest. This was the way of things until a Hoi Polloi family, non magic, staged a coup and overthrew Sinta, starting a power bid. The king knew he needed allies, magic. With the other two kingdoms having the advantage against him in magic and power, he needed to make friends and fast. He set out looking for Magoi, someone who could help him tie the Magoi and Hoi Polloi together. Someone who could help make his kingdom stronger. Someone like Ariella.
Ariella, Ella, Fisa was the youngest daughter of the queen of Fisa. She was born the Kingmaker, something her mother knew and regularly abused. After years of torture and abuse at the hands of her mother and siblings, she made an escape. After having found an Oracle who granted her the ability to steal and absorb another one's magic, she joined a traveling circus under the guise of Ella, the fortune teller. She joined at the age of sixteen. Now, five years later, she was touring Sinta with her traveling circus when a certain king in disguise stumbled across her in the circus. He knew who she was almost immediately, what she was. The Kingmaker.

So yeah, this is kinda the plot. Obviously, more world-building will come as we rp but I really like this story setup and I would really love it if someone wanted to join and explore it further with me.
The rules are pretty simple:

• Andrews's rules apply
  • This is like pg-16 for sensitive topics and mature scenes
  • At least one detailed response. No one-liners, they're hard to respond to
  • Respond at least once a day

I'll post a template if anyone is interested.

Deleted user

(helloo!)
(2 questions: is there someone specific (if i were to join) id be playing as or like a role im supposed to have, and also do you need a writing sample?)

@ElderGod-yellowqueen

(You would be playing my Sintan King, in whichever manner you would like to play him. And no, I may or may not stalk people's rps when they ask to join mine to see if I like they're writing style XD)

Deleted user

(You would be playing my Sintan King, in whichever manner you would like to play him. And no, I may or may not stalk people's rps when they ask to join mine to see if I like they're writing style XD)

(ok cool!)
(i'll have the character sheet up tomorrow because i must be going. to sleep that is)

Deleted user

(once i have the template though no rush obviously)

Deleted user

(hey sorry but today my schedule changed which is gonna make it too difficult for me to upkeep this, i dont want to try and accomadate when someone else with time could do this instead :( i hope you can find someone else to do this though!)

@ElderGod-yellowqueen

(I based it off a book. It's the same title of the rp. You don't need to read it the to be able to do this. Ima stem from it. Just kinda using the base plot line)

@Eli-the-transboi group

(XD well- hes a Celtic branch off of a god- lord Lucifer- but stilll- hes a character from a rp im doing with a friend and if i use him here, he’d be widowed- for FUN- but im thinking about making another oc whos the child of hades-)