forum The Midnight Carnival (open) (oxo)
Started by @Emmrii
tune

people_alt 60 followers

@Becfromthedead group

"Like me?" Declan echoes, "How am I so different? Aside from being the weirdo writing a paper in a bar, that is?"
He noticed her unsteady gaze, and how it kept flickering away from him.
"Is something wrong? Do you not want people to see us? Which is- that's fine. I know we just met and all."
He keeps her hand resting in his own. Declan can practically feel her unease. Is she afraid to turn him down? Does she want to leave?

@Emmrii

“Well, not many men would bother to try and have a conversation with me.” She laughed softly. “Besides, you’re quiet. Cute. I like that about you.”

She frowned slightly at his question and let out a sigh. She couldn’t explain what was going on at the circus without giving away too much.

“No, I’m just scared of a certain someone seeing us,” she said softly. “I have an ex, and well… he’s not a great guy.”

@Becfromthedead group

Declan averted his gaze, a bit flustered at the compliment.
"I guess the opposite- no, the complement to you. You're very straightforward and opinionated, and absolutely stunning. I can't help but notice you."
He tensed a bit at the mention of her ex.
"Is he from here? Any reason we might run into him at this club of all places?" Declan asked, "I can understand why you might worry. If anything bad comes up from it, I'll help you handle it."

@Emmrii

“Yeah, he’s from here, and he has it out for me,” she said. “I don’t have much reason to think he’s here, but I can’t help but worry.”

That wasn’t exactly a lie. She did have a bit of a crazy ex, after all, but the two of them were still in contact. In fact, they worked in the same circus trope together, and he was the one person standing between her and getting into another relationship.

“I’m probably just being paranoid,” she insisted, rested her head on his shoulder. “But I’ve had to deal with him at these places before…”

@Becfromthedead group

"That's too bad…" Declan sighed, "You deserve to feel safe enough to live your life. But oh- um, if you think there's somewhere safer to spend our night together, I'd be happy to go there with you!"
He placed a hand over the back of her head. His hands were unexpectedly soft, save one callus where pens typically rested in the crook of his fingers. He worked a soft desk job. Had never faced war firsthand like many of his peers. No manual labor- not since he was a younger teen.
Declan noticed in return the silliness of Andromeda's hair, the smells of her shampoo and perfume. She is just so nice. Pleasant. Again, stunning comes to mind.

@Emmrii

“I’m fine with staying here, my love. I’m sure we’ll be fine,” she said softly. “But if you want to go somewhere else, I’m fine with that too,”

She wrapped around his waist, swaying back and forth gently. She noticed some of the other bar goers glancing over at them, but she tried her best to ignore them and focus on Declan.

“This is not how I thought my night would go,” she said, smiling at him. “But I’m not disappointed. Not at all.”

@Becfromthedead group

"What did you intend for tonight? Just to go out drinking, on your own?" Declan asked, brushing a strand of hair from her face.
"I'd say this is better than what I set out to do as well."
He tilted his head.
"I don't typically ask women back to my place, but if- no, ignore me. It's probably too improper of me to suggest that."

@Emmrii

“We could.” She smiled faintly, taking his hand and holding it in his own. “We could go back to your place, spread a blanket out behind your house, go stargazing.”

She laughed softly, glancing up at him. It probably sounded like a weird idea for a date— or whatever this was— but Andromeda had always been quite the dreamer. “Well, unless there’s something else you want to do, of course.”

@Becfromthedead group

"Stargazing…" Declan repeats, "That sounds wonderful, actually. And I could make you some tea while we're there, whatever you'd like."
He gives her a soft smile. He's not really after much more besides her companionship- at least not this soon.

@Emmrii

“Sounds romantic.”

She smiled at him before she took her hand and led him out of the bar. It wasn’t long until they reached his home, and Andromeda brought a few blankets out to the back as Declan prepared the tea. Once she finished, she walked up behind him, slipping her arms around his waist and placing her chin on his shoulder.