forum "This was NOT how I thought this day was going to go." (Closed)
Started by @emilyevewrites group
tune

people_alt 77 followers

@Serpentess health_and_safety language

(Neither can I, lmao!)

Ōn’nyosh waved farewell to the folks that had helped him during his performance. He then meandered through the cobblestone streets, grinning wide the entire time. He’d made a hefty amount of gold and platinum coins, whether legally or not, and he’d also had a massive audience full of a wide variety of creatures. He loved a good audience like that.

As he headed for the city gates, he couldn’t help passing by the local church. And, in a wonderful twist of fate, the blue banners showed a silver shield, the sigil of Ion, one of Narsenshard’s three deities. The clergy were dressed in robes covered with pieces of armor, and two paladins dressed in shining silver guarded the entryway. Ion was nothing if not a protector of the people.

“Hey, Ass-Shiners, is Ion still begging for more people to bend over and take it?”Ōn’nyosh called, laughing.

The paladins, recognizing him, immediately moved toward him. Ōn’nyosh laughed some more.

“Oh, so fucking scary! I bet you wipe His Prince’s ass with those gauntlets!”he mocked.

The paladins continued forward, one brandishing a small hammer. Ōn’nyosh bowed.

“My work here is done. Tell Ion I said, ‘Fuck off’!”Ōn’nyosh commented, skipping away and laughing still.

The paladins glared after him, but otherwise didn’t chase him. They then made their way back to their posts, muttering to each other about the ‘Asshole of the Land’.

Ōn’nyosh resumed his journey to the city gates, slinging insults at anyone he passed by. Though, he did make sure to avoid the ogres and giants. They didn’t much appreciate names like ‘Big Toe’, as he had learned a long time ago.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah kept her hood up and her head down. The city she was in – she didn't even know it's name – was a busy one. Exactly the kind of area she tried to stay away from. But she hadn't come here by choice. Luna had sent her here.

"Narsenshard," the Solarian queen had explained. "It's a realm unlike both the First World and the Otherworld. I need you to use a gateway ring and travel there to find something for me. You're the only one I expect to see this through properly."

What she had really wanted was an excuse to send Farah off and watch over Alfea herself for a few weeks. If Luna wasn't the queen, Farah would've refused outright. But the problem was that Luna was the queen. If, as the headmistress of Alfea, Farah had refused, Alfea would lose the support of the Solarian military, should things go awry.

She cursed Luna's name in her mind, and then she heard it. Actual cursing.

“Hey, Ass-Shiners, is Ion still begging for more people to bend over and take it?” And the question was followed by laughter.

Farah looked up quickly, attempting to locate the voice so she didn't go anywhere near its owner.

“Oh, so fucking scary! I bet you wipe His Prince’s ass with those gauntlets!”

She, for some reason, couldn't identify the person speaking. This is ridiculous, she thought to herself, but then she felt it. The spike of anger rose in her chest as if it were her own. But it wasn't. It was his. Her eyes finally found the man dressed in a guard's uniform warding off another man – the one speaking – wearing very exuberant attire.

Farah wasn't paying much more attention until she heard his parting "Fuck off!"

She scoffed under her breath. "Gods help him," she muttered to herself, trying to stay out of the obscene man's way before he could get to her.

Ōn’nyosh weaved through the crowd with practiced ease, picking a few pockets even. Though, as he moved around a ravenfolk, the avian kicked at him, having apparently noticed his little thefts. Ōn’nyosh yelped and tried to hop away, but only succeeding in falling to the ground.

With a sigh and a chuckle, Ōn’nyosh rolled his eyes. He paused when his eyes fell upon a beautiful newcomer. By the way she held her hood, she was hiding herself from the public. He wondered why.

“Hello, beautiful. Mind helping me up?”he asked her, a charming smile lifting his lips.

Ōn’nyosh twisted around, searching for a moment, then snatched his hat before someone stepped on it. He would’ve been pissed had that happened. He adored his hat.

@emilyevewrites group

(Don't forget about Farah/Mardicos and O'Hara/Nokhal'rok! ;))

Farah stepped back quickly as the foul-mouthed jester was tripped up directly in front of her. She pulled her hood closer around her face, hoping to the gods that it would be enough to hide herself and avoid any confrontation with this man.

It wasn't enough.

The fairy eyed him hesitantly before reluctantly and wordlessly extending her hand down for him to take. She was too noble a woman to say no to someone who clearly needed help. Her eyes were darting around, looking worriedly for anything that might be of danger. She refused to be caught off guard in this strange world.

(I haven’t, lol)

Ōn’nyosh gladly took her hand and nimbly stood. He straightened his long braid of silver hair, then sat his hat back down on his head. With a satisfied chuckle, he bent down and grabbed his satchel.

“Thankfully this thing didn’t bust open when it hit the ground. That would’ve been a fucking massacre! Anyway, thank you, madam. I appreciate the help, truly. Just take that whole scene that just happened as a warning. The fucking Morethi are assholes that think their shamanism is the greatest fucking thing in all the worlds, but that’s the ravens for you. But, fuck the birds, I’m Ōn’nyosh. And, you seem like a newcomer. I could show you around Naskeni if you like,”he offered.

He knew the city of Naskeni quite well, even despite its size. The place was the largest, and oldest, city in all of Narsenshard, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t find his way around.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah offered a fleeting smile and dipped her head in acknowledgment of his thanks. Then, she started to get more and more lost the longer she listened to him. Morethi? Who are the Morethi? Her answer came without her even needing to ask, which was a relief. This man seemed to be intent on talking, and Farah was intent on not.

Naskeni. The name of the city she was in. When she heard him say it, the memory of Luna's words fell into place.

"You'll need to make a gateway directly into Naskeni. It's the biggest city on their continent," she'd described. "Twice the size of the Solarian capital."

Ōn’nyosh. She made a note of the stranger's name in her mind. It was a relief when someone gave her the information she needed without having to enter their mind. Or even ask, in this case. Farah didn't even want to know the madness that occurred in Ōn’nyosh's thoughts.

"It's alright, I'll be fine on my own," she replied with her British accent tainting her tone. "Thank you."

She turned away from Ōn’nyosh and began to head in the opposite direction when she walked right into one of the Morethi, like the one that had just kicked down the jester. "Oh!" she exclaimed, backing up quickly and directly into Ōn’nyosh.

Ōn’nyosh rose an eyebrow at her refusal. Though, he couldn’t help noticing her accent too. He’d never heard an accent like it, and he was utterly fascinated. He had to know where she was from.

Ōn’nyosh didn’t even bother moving as she turned away. He had already noticed another Morethi approaching, and just watched as the strange woman walked right into them. The ravenfolk squawked in surprise, having been lost in thought.

“Pardon me, my lady! I didn’t mean…”the Morethi tried to say, freezing at the sight of Ōn’nyosh. The avian then sighed and walked off.

Ōn’nyosh easily caught Farah when she bumped into him, holding her with a shockingly gentle grip so that she wouldn’t fall down. He chuckled, moving his head to whisper in her ear.

“You know, it’s quite obvious that you’ve never been here. You likely don’t even frequent cities that much. So, let me help you. I’m very familiar with Naskeni, and I can show you exactly where you need, or want, to go. Just say the word, and I will be your guide, free of charge,”he cooed.

Ōn’nyosh then helped her stand up straight, patiently waiting for an answer.

@emilyevewrites group

"It's my fault, I'm so sorry," Farah called after him, wincing as she did. Lovely, she thought to herself. The fairy had only been in Naskeni for a few moments, and she was clearly out of her element. Farah Dowling wasn't a fan of crowds, to begin with, but the city wasn't only crowded. It was also unfamiliar, which was a fact that alone set her on edge. Her guard was up.

Farah completely stilled, however, when she felt Ōn’nyosh's grip on her and his breath beside her face as he cooed directly into her ear. She was even holding her breath, which she didn't realize until after he let her go to stand upright on her own.

She took a small step away from him – making sure not to get in anyone else's way – swiftly cleaned off her cloak, and adjusted her hood, giving the man a brief observation. Obviously, most people here weren't a fan of him and his behavior. It might not be the best idea to align herself with him… but he was offering… and it was free of charge…

Against her better judgment, Farah sighed and parted her lips to respond. "Alright."

Ōn’nyosh noticed her reaction to his hold. It actually allowed him to better study the shape of her waist, where his hands were. She had lovely curves. Though, even with that delightful little detail, he was aware that she was wary of him. And, he didn’t want to push her caution into hostility.

He casually watched as the woman dusted herself off. She was a neat woman, and seemed quite intelligent, if out of her element. Ōn’nyosh wondered if she was a scholarly woman. She definitely seemed like it.

He grinned cheerily at her answer, then glanced around to reorient himself. They weren’t too far from the city gates, but they weren’t in sight of them yet. So, they were likely about halfway between the first and second curves of Main Street. Which was fine, even though it likely meant a long walk.

“So, where are you headed? Merchant shop, inn, restaurant? Or, do I dare ask, the Cathedral of Ion, which also serves as the courthouse?”Ōn’nyosh asked.

@emilyevewrites group

(Oh. My. God. I just had a brilliant idea for what Farah has to find… 😏)

Farah made sure to keep her cloak set around her shoulders, but she couldn't shake the feeling of Ōn’nyosh's hands – or where they had been. She noticed his grin at her answer, and she tried to keep herself from regretting her decision. But Luna's instructions had been so vague. Go to this city. Go to this location. Find something. You'll know what it is.

It made the mind fairy want to roll her eyes just thinking about the queen's words. How in the Otherworld was Farah supposed to know what it was that Luna wanted? Why was she even doing this?

"No," Farah answered. "None of those places." She glanced around, her eyes seeking something in all of the business, but she was unable to find it. It was a last-ditch effort to find the place Luna had instructed her to find without Ōn’nyosh's help.

Finally, she relented and showed him the paper Luna had given her. It had the name of a tavern written on it in handwriting much too elegant for Farah's taste. "There," she said shortly. "That's what I'm looking for."

(Ooh… I’m curious, but I don’t know if I want the surprise spoiled, lol)
(Also, I just found the map I drew of Naskeni. I forgot how fucking big the place is, lmao! It’s huge)

“No? Tavern, then? I wouldn’t expect a tidy woman like you spending time in a tavern,”he commented.

Ōn’nyosh waited for a better idea of where she was going, then looked at the paper. The handwriting was fascinating, but he had the feeling it wasn’t hers, mostly since she didn’t have a clue where she was going. This woman was being sent. And, she was being sent to one of Ōn’nyosh’s favorite haunts.

“Stockist’s Bay. It’s been a while since I last visited that place. Only problem is it’s across the city, and this place is massive. So, are you up for a very long walk, or shall I acquire us some transportation?”Ōn’nyosh asked with a snicker.

“Also, what is your name? I’m sure you wouldn’t appreciate me calling you ‘new lady’ or ‘pretty woman’ all the time,”Ōn’nyosh asked.

@emilyevewrites group

(I won't spoil it, but I'm excited to write Farah's reaction to it… hehehe.)
(Oooh, nice! I couldn't do that lol)

"I don't," Farah muttered, half to herself. She studied his reaction to reading the location Luna was sending her to… and she wasn't pleased. Despite him omitting the fact that Stockist's Bay was one of his frequent and favorite places, Farah noted the thought cross his mind. Lovely.

Farah inclined her head and narrowed her eyes slightly. "What kind of transportation?" she asked skeptically. Depending on what was available, Alfea's headmistress would absolutely have no problem walking.

The fairy scoffed lightly at his self-appointed titles for her. "Hardly. My name is Farah."

(Evil grin. I shall await it eagerly, lol)
(Honestly, it’s not as detailed as my world maps. I have the walls, basic outline of streets, and marks for any big areas/buildings. But, still, Naskeni is fucking huge, lmao! I think it was supposed to be anywhere from 3-7 miles long east/west and half that north/south. I just never decided on the exact number of miles, lol)

“I’m not surprised,”Ōn’nyosh couldn’t help commenting.

He noticed a strange feeling in the back of his head, like someone prodding him, but he couldn’t quite place what it was. It seemed vaguely familiar, so Ōn’nyosh knew he’d felt it before, a long time ago.

“Well, there’s a stable a street over, though I know a shortcut through the alleyways. They usually allow newcomers to borrow the militia horses as they explore the city, just as long as they are returned before the newcomer leaves. Or, if they leave by ship, that they arrange for the horse to be returned,”Ōn’nyosh explained.

He smiled at hearing her name, then bowed deeply. When he straightened, he put his hat back on with a twirling flourish.

“I am honored to officially meet you, Farah,”he said with a charming smile.

@emilyevewrites group

(😳 Woah… but still, give yourself credit!)

Farah whirled her head around at his comment. She narrowed her eyes slightly. "I could if I wanted to, you know," she muttered. She turned back so he couldn't see her eyes as they changed colors from their natural warm brown to a striking silver-blue while she briefly accessed her magic again. It was a vain attempt to reach out for any magical objects in the surrounding area that originated in the Otherworld. Farah would be able to tell if a magical item had or hadn't been created by a fairy. Nothing. She got nothing.

Growing more and more frustrated by the minute, she pivoted again to listen to his instructions. "A horse will be fine," Farah said shortly. It had been ages since she rode, but she still remembered how… she hoped. If she were to embarrass herself on horseback in front of Ōn’nyosh, she would never forgive the gods for their cruelty toward her.

A mixture of amusement and irritation flickered over her expression as her eyes followed his deep bow. To her. In the middle of the crowded street. Ōn’nyosh certainly had a flair for the dramatic. "Let's get going, shall we?" she asked, eager to get moving and find… whatever it was that Luna had sent her here for.

(I do, I’m just shy about it, lol)
(This turned out a lot longer than I thought, lmao!)

“Oh, I didn’t say you couldn’t. I just said I’m not surprised that you don’t frequent them. Otherwise, you’d have to deal with folks like me,”Ōn’nyosh immediately replied.

If Farah had glanced Ōn’nyosh’s way during her search for magical items, she would’ve seen that, though his stuff was Narsenian-made, he was completely covered in magic items. Every single thing, with the exception of his underclothes, was magical in some way.

“Alright,”Ōn’nyosh said casually, unfazed by her tone.

Ōn’nyosh chuckled,”Why, of course! Follow me, Farah.”

He then proceeded to walk straight toward an alleyway, wading through the crowd as easily a snake slipping through a horde of fish. When he reached the alley, he waited for Farah to arrive, then continued onward.

The alley was long, silent and surprisingly clean, but it held signs of use. A few spills here, bits of trash there. There were even signs that horses had come through the alley.

Ōn’nyosh hummed lightly as he walked. Then, when they reached a perpendicular alley, he turned left. In a couple minutes, they arrived at the front of the main stables. A handful of horses were tied near the small office, a rune painted in silver on their rumps.

“Ooh, they’ve still got the fast horses. That will definitely help. Martin! Hey, Martin, where the fuck are you at?”Ōn’nyosh called.

A short, white-haired man appeared from deeper in the stables. He was covered with bits of hay, and seemed irritated at being interrupted. Though, his eyes brightened at the sight of Ōn’nyosh.

“Well… if it isn’t the rude boy. Need another horse for across the city?”the old man, Martin, asked.

“Make that two horses. I’m serving as guide for the Lady Farah here,”Ōn’nyosh answered.

Martin looked over at Farah, then chuckled.

“Alright, two horses. Farah, I’d watch this boy. He’ll either insult you to the end of days, or try to get with you, if you know what I mean,”Martin said.

“Martin, you old bastard, quit spoiling the surprise!”Ōn’nyosh chided lightly.

Martin scoffed at him, then went to untie a couple horses. He brought them over, then held out his hand for payment.

Ōn’nyosh reached into his satchel and, after some digging, brought out a small pouch. He then fished out a platinum coin, and handed it to Martin. The old man rose an eyebrow.

“I’m in a good mood, and you take care of the horses much better than your predecessor,”Ōn’nyosh said.

Martin smiled and nodded, then waved them farewell and headed back into the depths of the stables.

Ōn’nyosh handed the reins of one horse, a grey mare, to Farah. He then nimbly hopped onto the white gelding he had.

“The faster horses have enchanted shoes that increase their speed without otherwise affecting the horse. A very useful thing around here,”Ōn’nyosh commented as he watched Farah.

@emilyevewrites group

(I get that, but I will give you all the credit! mwah ❤️)
(It's all good! When I have an abnormally long post, I always go with the excuse that it's for "character building" 😂)

Farah's eyes widened as Ōn’nyosh took off through the crowded streets. His movements were so efficient and easy that Farah, for one single second, was amazed. Then she remembered just exactly it was who she was following and the feeling instantly vanished.

Still, the older fairy hurried to keep up with his pace, and she was thankful when he waited for her to catch up. But once she had, he was off and moving again. A flicker of annoyance rose up in her, but she pushed it down. As she continued to follow him, she noted the cleanliness of the alley. She found it odd that even though it was clearly used, it was maintained rather nicely for such a big, crowded city.

She finally caught sight of the horses and couldn't hold back a quiet sigh of relief. So this man was good for something. The fast horses? What's the difference? she wondered, following Ōn’nyosh as he called out. The owner of the horses was kind enough, or so it seemed to Farah as she watched him and Ōn’nyosh banter back and forth. She was looking over at the horses with a wistful expression, so she was shocked when she heard her name become included in the conversation.

Lady? she thought, glancing at Ōn’nyosh with a skeptical expression. And as she listened to Martin's words, her eyes only widened. "Is that so?" she asked, her skepticism only growing especially with Ōn’nyosh's comment in return.

Farah took the reins of her gray mare and watched Ōn’nyosh's ease as he hopped onto his own steed. Thankfully, he'd again answered another question she'd had without even having to ask it aloud. But she held her breath slightly before she mounted her mare. Thankfully, she made it on without any problems and sat up straight. A small sigh of relief escaped her.

However, in her momentum, her hood had slipped off and revealed her ash-blonde hair in a twisting, refined updo. Combined with her posture atop her horse and her elegant hair, she looked positively powerful.

"Alright," she said, looking over at him with a soft but fierce brown gaze. "Lead the way."

Ōn’nyosh glanced over at Farah when she made her comment and chuckled.

“I’m a fucking whore. What can I say?”he replied, laughing afterward.

He watched the way she climbed onto the horse, picking up on her subtle reluctance. She most likely knew how to ride a horse, considering that she wasn’t confused about the mounting process, but it had clearly been a long time since she’d been on one. It made him curious why.

Ōn’nyosh then noticed that her hood had fallen back, and his eyes momentarily locked on her hair. It was a beautiful color, and an interesting style. Then, he finally noticed her posture.

Fuck, if she looks like that, I wonder what’s she’s like hovering over… Slow down, damn you! You’re a guide, right now. Be a guide, nothing else. Why must it be so hard, though?

When she looked at him and spoke, Ōn’nyosh quickly regained focus on his task. Though, the sight of her with that posture of sheer power lingered in his head.

Ōn’nyosh started off at a decent trot, heading into another alley, a similar one to the first alley. He then joined the traffic on the main street, keeping closer to the sidewalks to avoid the bigger things, like carriages and giants. Like before, he weaved through the crowd, keeping a steady pace that was a bit faster than everyone else.

They made good time, reaching their first turn much quicker than Ōn’nyosh had honestly expected. The traffic lightened a bit, as they were heading toward the Residential District, which was separated from the Trading, or Mercantile, District by a huge and ancient wall.

They then came to their second turn, which led along the edge of the Residential District. Eventually, they came upon the spot aptly named the Center of the City. Though it wasn’t necessarily the true center, it was where the old walls of the city converged. And, to see the drastic differences between those walls, simply because of the age of each one, was one of the best sights in the city.

“These walls used to be on the outside of the city, until it outgrew every single one. Now, they are dividers between the districts, and one of the greatest examples of how old this city really is. Naskeni has been the witness of six thousand years worth of history. If only she could speak, eh?”Ōn’nyosh mentioned as they passed through the Center.

As they neared the end of the area, another turn approached. However, instead of heading straight into the Industrial District, he turned the other way, passing between the two oldest walls of the city, before finally turning into the Industrial District. It took less time this way than it would have going straight in, because they would’ve had to dodge the constant work going on.

After not quite an hour, which was one of the quickest times it had taken Ōn’nyosh to cross the city, they arrived at a large, triangular building with a sign saying ‘Stockist’s Bay’ hanging near the door. Laborers, engineers, and other folks in construction constantly streamed in and out of the huge tavern. Though, there were plenty of other folk as well.

“Here we are. Stockist’s Bay. Now, you can see why it’s called that. This tavern was specifically built for everybody who works in the Industrial District. Anything from farmers to dockworkers to blacksmiths,”Ōn’nyosh said, dismounting his horse and tying the reins to the rail of the tavern’s porch. Several other horses were tied along the front as well.

“Shall we?”Ōn’nyosh said, waiting for Farah then eagerly leading the way inside.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah took note of the way he was looking at her, and after the conversation she had just witnessed, she made a conscious effort to not read his thoughts. She didn't want to know the perverted, sexualized way he could potentially be thinking about her.

She took to following him, again noting the smooth way he led the horse past everyone around them. The city passed by around her, and while the fairy wasn't here for sightseeing, she could help but glance around as they rode. The history of Naskeni was potent and clearly visible in its age-old walls that stood the test of time.

Farah listened curiously to his remarks as they went. "If only," she murmured, looking around in amazement. Luna hadn't mentioned any of this.

The fairy had no idea how long it had been when they finally reached the tavern, but her thighs were starting to ache slightly. It had been a while since she had ridden, and the years were catching up to her now. She located the sigh 'Stockist's Bay' and sighed softly with relief. But it looked rather large. She hoped she'd be able to find what Luna wanted inside.

Farah dismounted as smoothly as she could hope for and winced at the dull throb of her legs as she landed. Shit. She followed Ōn’nyosh's lead as she tied her mare's reins to the rail and reached up to stroke its mane. "Thank you," she said softly before turning to the jester and drawing up her hood again.

"After you," she said reluctantly, following him into Stockist's Bay. Immediately, the smell of bodies and alcohol hit her, and it was a miracle that she didn't physically cover her nose to block the foul odors.

She looked around, her eyes glowing briefly as she tried to identify any magical fairy objects around the tavern. Still, she got nothing. Her frustration was about to reach a peak when she caught a glimpse of something among the moving bodies. It was the crest of Alfea College on the sleeve of someone's shirt. Her eyes widened, and she quickly forgot about Ōn’nyosh as she moved quickly through the crowd to reach the person. By the time she got to where they had been standing, they had already disappeared again.

She swore under her breath, looking around sharply. In the madness, her hood fell down again. She didn't bother covering it back up as she whirled around, seeking out the crest she knew by heart. Suddenly, she saw it again. This time, she refused to lose track of it as she pressed closer to whoever it was. Just her luck, when she was within a range of visibility, the person turned to face her. He was wearing a dark green bomber jacket with the crest stitched into its sleeve and holding a beer, but he was recognizable anywhere.

Farah stilled amidst the chaos of the tavern. She simultaneously felt relieved, shocked, and angry. And the man staring back at her was wearing a similar expression of shock. So this was why Luna didn't tell her what she'd come here for. If Farah knew, she never would have come, and that was even if she believed Luna in the first place.

"Farah?!"

How many years had it been since she'd heard that voice? But just like his face, she would know it anywhere. His beard had grown longer, and even now he was slightly drunk. Even still, that was the least startling thing about him. He is supposed to be dead.

"Andreas?!"

Despite the busy tavern commencing as normal around them, a moment of silence passed between the two as each of them appraised the other, studying the effects of time and trauma on their faces and postures. Finally, Andreas broke the moment with the question they were both thinking.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

(Here's a picture of Alfea's crest: https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s–oCwoasyD–/t_Preview/b_rgb:ffffff,t_watermark_lock/c_limit,f_auto,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1614266392/production/designs/19727058_0.jpg)
(And, for context… Andreas of Eraklyon ;))

(The pic for the Alfea crest wasn’t showing up, but I looked it up. It’s actually pretty cool)
(Also, I love how Farah just immediately avoids reading Ōn’nyosh’s mind, lmao!)

Ōn’nyosh nodded at her words and headed inside. The thick smell of bodies, alcohol, and tobacco hung thick in the air, but Ōn’nyosh wasn’t bothered at all. In fact, he loved it. Especially when people, namely a pale-skinned waitress who just happened to be walking by, recognized him.

Farah fell out of Ōn’nyosh’s mind momentarily as he approached the woman, the undead woman. Her hands were miraculously empty considering her profession, and she used that to her advantage, shoving him back against the wall and kissing him.

Ōn’nyosh was tempted of leaving Farah to spend some time with this… special individual. It had been a while since their last meeting. But… he didn’t like ditching people that he was helping.

She seemed to sense this and she released his lips. Her eyes, a soft green, were intense now.

“I thought you came back for me. We had fun times before. But, you… aren’t responding now,”she said.

Ōn’nyosh sighed,”Even though I do miss the fun we had, I am currently helping someone. This is her first time in Narsenshard, and she’s looking for something. No idea what. And, no, I’m not fucking her. She’s not very receptive to my charms, apparently.”

Her eyes narrowed for a moment, almost glaring, then they softened and she leaned away from him. A subtle sadness took over her demeanor.

“I hope she finds what she’s looking for,”she said, then nodded and went back to work. She might as well have just ripped his heart out with her lovely fangs. Did she just say goodbye?

Ōn’nyosh took his hat off, holding it against his chest as he took several deep breaths. He didn’t like goodbyes. Not. One. Bit.

After a moment, Ōn’nyosh took a final deep breath and put his hat back on. Then, he went searching for Farah. Thankfully, it didn’t take long because he heard a man’s, a man’s, voice saying her name.

He quickly found Farah, facing a strange man dressed in even stranger clothes. And, they clearly knew each other.

“Who the fuck is this? And, what the fuck is he fucking wearing? You like getting puked on by a damn dragon, do you? Or did you get ass-fucked by a dragon in exchange for some snot-covered clothes? Farah, please, by the fucking idiot gods, tell me you did not fuck Green-Shit-Beard-Boy here at any point in your life? If you did, you should be fucking ashamed of yourself for choosing a damn hideous dumbshit like this!”Ōn’nyosh burst.

@emilyevewrites group

(Oof, stupid links… But yeah. Glad you found something for reference lol)
(And yeah, she doesn't want to go there, lmao. But I do love to make my characters uncomfortable…)

Farah looked both embarrassed and appalled at Ōn’nyosh’s assumption of their relationship while Andreas’s expression twisted into an offended expression.

“You got a problem with the way I dress, fucker?” the ex-Specialist snarled, but Farah took a quick, menacing step towards him. Though he was still on the verge of drunk, Andreas knew better than to piss off a fairy. Especially a powerful one, like Farah.

“Ōn’nyosh, this is Andreas,” she introduced him shortly. “No, I never…” She closed her eyes and sighed, momentarily lowering herself to say what she was about to say. “No, I never fucked him."

Andreas gave her a once-over, took a long drink, and grinned. “But you wanted to. Come on, Farah. Admit it to yourself.” He tapped his own temple with two fingers before reaching for hers.

She slapped his hand away. “I most certainly did not,” the woman retorted quickly.

“Right, because you and Silva were fucking instead. I remember now.”

Farah’s eyes widened with rage at the accusation. “We never had that kind of relationship,” she replied, sounding more defensive than she should’ve.

Andreas rolled his eyes. “Yeah. Sure. How is he, by the way? Saul? Last time I saw him… he was shoving his fucking sword through my fucking chest.”

Farah straightened and lifted her chin. “He’s fine,” she managed to say through gritted teeth.

Andreas smirked as he took in Farah's projecting stance and Ōn'nyosh beside her. “So these are the kind of friends you’re making now, Farah?” he asked before he took a swallow of his drink. “My, how the mighty have fallen.”

“He is not my friend,” Farah countered sharply. “He was just showing me how to find this place. So I could find…” She trailed off, frowning at him.

Andreas ignored the distaste in her tone. “Right. And again, why in the fucking hell are you here?”

“Luna sent me,” she muttered.

Andreas snorted. “She’s still in charge?”

Farah ignored him and kept talking. “I was instructed to return with whatever she wanted me to find, which was apparently you. And I will, by one way or another.”

“Woah, woah, woah. Hold on there, fairy girl,” Andreas said, holding his hands up in surrender. “You don’t have to get so pushy. I have an idea. I’ve got a game we could play. Me and my girlfriend, who is around here somewhere, versus you and your…” He narrowed his eyes and studied Ōn’nyosh. “Boyfriend?”

Farah looked murderous. “He’s not my boyfriend.”

“Yeah, well, whatever. I think he’d be a good game partner for you. It’s a dice game. Simple. You and your boyfriend win-“ he didn’t falter with his words even though the fairy's brown gaze was homicidal “-and the two of us go back to the Otherworld. Peaceful. Fighting-free. I’ll even let you hold my hand.”

Farah’s fingers curled into fists. Both of these idiotic men were lucky that she was as patient as she was.

“But if I win, I get to stay here… and you go back. Alone.”

Farah refused to return to Luna empty-handed, but she knew better than to blindly agree, no matter how furious she was. “What kind of dice game?” she asked, narrowing her eyes.

“Ah, right. I forgot how fucking finicky you are.” Andreas rolled his eyes. “It’s a dice game. Why can’t you just say yes and have some fun for once?”

“Let me see the dice.”

“Gods, Farah…"

Ōn’nyosh immediately jumped on the opportunity to retort.

“Yes, I do. And, by your voice, I’d say you’re an aristocrat. Which means, you like the old, big-dicked dragons. How does it feel? I’m genuinely curious, primarily since I’d rather fuck a female dragon than a male. Already have, too.”

He noticed the way Farah stepped forward, and the way the man backed down. So, clearly, Farah was a woman of importance.

“Andreas? What kind of dumbshit name is that?”Ōn’nyosh questioned, deliberately fucking with the man now.

Though, the moment Andreas commented about Farah ‘wanting’ to bed him, even though she obviously did not, something shifted in Ōn’nyosh’s demeanor. It was subtle, very subtle, but there was a definite hostility now in the way he gazed at Andreas.

He stayed silent as the pair spoke, which was something he rarely ever did. Ōn’nyosh pondered who this Silva was. Then, his hostility grew as Andreas made another comment.

“Speak for yourself, Green-Shit-Beard-Boy. You’re in this tavern too,”Ōn’nyosh hissed.

‘Fairy girl’? What the fuck did Andreas mean by that? Or was Farah really Fae? That would be intriguing, indeed.

“I wish,”Ōn’nyosh snorted at Andreas’ title for him. Yes, he knew a lot of women. But, rarely did he ever get called ‘boyfriend’.

At the mention of a dice game, Ōn’nyosh burst into laughter. If there was anyone in Stockist’s Bay that could play any sort of game, it was Ōn’nyosh. For one, he was a lot smarter than he looked and acted. Two, Ōn’nyosh’s entire life was a game. And, three, he was a professional cheater when he needed to be.

“She’s got a point, Shit-Beard. If you play with weighted dice here, you won’t have just Farah up in your ass. You’ll have the entire tavern in your ass. Especially, if there’s money, booze, and women involved. And, you’ve got at least one of those,”Ōn’nyosh said.

@emilyevewrites group

Andreas’s green eyes blazed with anger, and he reared his fist back for a swing at Ōn’nyosh. But Farah’s gaze stopped him. Her eyes had turned from brown to silver-blue, which meant that she was getting ready to use her magic. Andreas lowered his fist and merely glared while Farah’s eyes returned to normal.

“Shut the fuck up,” he growled instead. He nearly swung for Ōn’nyosh’s head two other times, but every time he tried, Farah’s level gaze stopped him. Andreas knew how powerful she had been when they last encountered, at Aster Dell. He couldn’t truly imagine how powerful she was now.

Farah’s eyes widened slightly at Ōn’nyosh’s reaction to being called her boyfriend. She looked over her shoulder and glared mildly at him. “You’re not helping here,” she muttered.

Andreas couldn’t resist a chuckle. “As much as I’d love Farah up my ass…” The fairy immediately scoffed in disdain at his words. “This is a game I wouldn’t dare play with weighted dice.”

A new woman approached the conversation and sidled up against Andreas. He wrapped an arm around her waist and held her against his side. “Hey,” he cooed, and they began to make out abruptly.

Farah turned her head away and rolled her eyes. Andreas clearly hadn’t changed.

When the couple were done sucking the lips off of each other, Andreas whispered something in the girl’s ear.

Her eyes lit up. “Oh, we haven’t played that in a while. Are you sure we’ll be any good?” She giggled at her own question.

“Farah. Farah’s boyfriend. This is my girlfriend. Kle’eka. Kle for short. Usually during sex. She’ll be my game partner.”

Farah scoffed again. “Must you be so crude? Can’t we just get started?”

Andreas smirked, easily back to his cocky self. “We can’t play here. This game requires a private room, just for those who are playing.”