forum Whether Sun or Rain (o/o Closed)
Started by @emilyevewrites group
tune

people_alt 70 followers

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra gave Kallie a sad, grimace like smile. "Heyyyy…" he said quietly.
"Can I—" he hesitated "can I talk to you about something?" he said awkwardly, resting his hand on top of hers.

@emilyevewrites group

Kallie looked a bit confused, but she smiled through it anyway. The sun rose higher and brighter in the sky as the sunrise colors faded for the day. "Sure! Of course! What do you want to talk about?"

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra pulled his hand away and brought his brows together, making a crease between them, then sighing.

"I just—uh…" Ezra said quietly. "I just think we should take a little break from each other…" His voice getting quieter and quieter.

He rested his hand on his leg and began to use his index finger to tap his knee.

@emilyevewrites group

Kallie's pristine smile faltered a bit, and as it did, clouds began to dot the sky. "Oh… oh…"

She closed her eyes and willed a positive attitude back. It didn't come. More clouds began to appear instead after she opened her eyes again.

"Um, o-okay… But… why?" she asked quietly, folding her hands in her lap to keep them from trembling.

@emilyevewrites group

"Oh…" Kallie whispered. "But, um… it's that what boyfriends and girlfriends are supposed to do? Be together?"

She could feel her chest tightening, but she tried the deep breaths that had seemed to work with her emotions in the past. "Clear skies," she mumbled under her breath. "Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies…"

@emilyevewrites group

Kallie nodded slowly. “Uh huh… okay… um, well, I can walk to school, if you don’t want to give me a ride then. Not to say that you should or shouldn’t give me a ride. Uh, nevermind. I’ll just walk.” She reached for the door handle but missed awkwardly.

The wind outside the truck picked up suddenly, and Kallie closed her eyes. “No no no. Clear skies, clear skies," she pleaded with her emotions.

@emilyevewrites group

“Oh, really? Okay. Thanks. Thank you,” Kallie got out before biting her tongue to stay quiet. Clear skies, clear skies. She looked out the window and calmed her breathing so the wind would stop.

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra drove quickly, parking in his assigned parking spot when he got to the school, once Kallie got out he locked his trunk then hurried ahead of her. "I'll see you later, bye." He said so quickly it sounded like one large word.

@emilyevewrites group

“Bye.”

Kallie’s whisper of a word was carried over the wind before dying out. The girl shook her head. “Thanks for trying, Mariah,” she mumbled before heading towards the school.

She had created names for all types of weather she could create. It helped her, in a way, to control her emotions. Which was especially good when it felt like at any second, she could lose control. Like now.

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra hurried through the entrance of the school, and locked himself in a stall in the nearest bathroom.
He sat down on the toilet and pulled out his phone. Trying to breathe to keep himself calm and under control.
He loved Kallie, but he just wanted a short break, to be on his own for a while.

@emilyevewrites group

Kallie walked through the halls, keeping her head low. She wished more than anything that she could be outside and able to just let her feelings loose in the form of her weather “spirits,” as she called them.

There was Mariah, the wind. Tess, when it rained lightly. Alara was the heavy rain. Migina was a mist. Eden was sunshine. Sen was the snow. Glace was ice. Any sort of rainbow she created was Win, and those were only a handful Kallie had come up with.

Now, more than ever, she needed to be with them. But that was made impossible by the bell sound made over the PA speaker system as she headed toward her first class.

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra took a few deep breaths and then sighed to himself. He felt bad but also guilty, after all he did love Kallie he just needed his own space for awhile.

@emilyevewrites group

As Kallie sat down in her first-period class, dark-grey clouds began to roll in. Students started whispering and looking over at her, which made it worse. Soon, the beautiful sunrise she’d made in the morning was long forgotten, and the sun was completely blocked out by the storm.

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra too, sat in first period art, where one wall was all windows, he saw the clouds and they sent a strong pang to his chest. The sight of them made him feel guilty and he frowned as people looked towards him and stared out the window.

@emilyevewrites group

The whispers around Kallie increased, and with it, the wind picked up outside. Damn it, Mariah, she thought. Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies… Even as she thought the words, both the break-up and the pressure of putting on a happy appearance all the time got to her.

She raised her hand and quickly asked to go to the bathroom. Eyes followed her on her way out into the hall.

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra looked around.
The whispers ceased and he sighed in relief. At least people seemed worried about other things now.
He would wait until lunch to try to talk to Kallie about the whole situation. As he started to dwell on it, it make his chest start to hurt.

@emilyevewrites group

Kallie locked herself in a bathroom stall and let a quiet sob escape her. As she did, a roll of thunder came from outside. Tears started to fall down her face, and outside, it began to rain.

It took too long for the day to go along, and Kallie dreaded lunch.

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra noticed it started to rain. Then thunder boomed, frightening half his class.
"Shit." he muttered to himself and asked to be excused. He left for the bathroom and pulled out his phone.
Can we talk? He texted Kallie at lunch?

@emilyevewrites group

Kallie felt her phone buzz, and she took it out of her pocket to check.

Ezra ❤️😘🥰😍
Can we talk? at lunch?

She closed her eyes tightly seeing all the emojis by his name. After a minute, she texted back. ok

@EtherealDreamer

He saw her text come in a few moments after she read his own.

Kallie <3
ok

He stared at it for a few minutes, before shaking his head and finally responding with Don't be mad, please.

@emilyevewrites group

Ezra ❤️😘🥰😍
Don’t be mad, please.

Kallie shook her head in the stall and formed an honest reply quickly. I’m not mad, I promise. Just a bit emotional. You know me.

She tried to be lighthearted, but another roll of thunder came through as she hit send.

@EtherealDreamer

Ezra read the incoming text.
Kallie <3
I'm not mad, I promise. Just a bit emotional. You know me.

He frowned and turned his phone off, shoving it in his pocket as the thunder boomed so loud he could hear it from the stall he was in.