forum Preparations!!!
Started by @larcenistarsonist group
tune

people_alt 67 followers

@larcenistarsonist group

NaNoWriMo is almost upon us!! We have less than two weeks before the 50k month-long race begins. Who's all participating this year? What are you going to work on? Do you have a different goal then the standard 50 thousand?

Hell, this is just a chat to hype up and completely dread the upcoming National Novel Writing Month!

@ZAVEN local_movies

This year, I am trying to participate. I have been doing prep work led by a writing Discord I am in. I think my goal will be lower than 50k. Maybe 35k since I haven't written in a while and I'm trying to get back into it. I also want to make a VN, ehh and yeah that's about everything I have goal-wise. I want to have fun this year, so I may do some pre-writing and use this upcoming month to correct my draft and make it better!

Deleted user

This may sound stupid but I'm interested; what's national novel writing month? I know it happens in November and is novel related ahaha

@ZAVEN local_movies

Hell yeah! 35k was my first goal when I did NaNo 2 years ago! I wish you the best of luck, my guy! I'm sure you'll do great! Are you starting a brand new novel?

No, not exactly brand new. I had a lot of drafting done for it before. So I'm sorta fixing, redrafting, and then actually writing out an older concept… If that makes sense.

@ZAVEN local_movies

This may sound stupid but I'm interested; what's national novel writing month? I know it happens in November and is novel related ahaha

It's basically a challenge to write a novel in a month.

@Starfast group

I'm still trying to decide on what I'm going to work on. I was sort of planning on starting a prequel for one of my series, and writing about the father of one of my MCs. But lately I've been also considering just using this year to finish (or at least get closer to finishing) some of my other projects. Basically, instead of working on a new story I'll be bouncing back and forth between a few that I've already started.
I usually like to have at least part of a story planned, which I kind of have if I do decide to write the prequel. But at the same time I have so many unfinished WIPs that I haven't worked on in a long time and this might be a good time to finally do that. I'll probably be deciding like the night before NaNo starts.

@larcenistarsonist group

asdkjfa whatever you decide on doing I wish you luck! ping-ponging between stories sounds like a lot 😭 but then again, so does starting a whole new story,,, but I guess that's just the NaNo spirit. Nothing really seems easy (and it's sure as hell not).

As for myself, I'm finally gonna start the first draft for The Six Initiative! (the story with Shea, Abel, Felix, Drew, Paisley, and the others, which I'm sure y'all have seen me endlessly ramble on about in other areas of the site hehe) so I'm definitely hoping that I succeed this year alksdj

Deleted user

Unfortunately I've paved the way for a very confusing NaNoWriMo, I have little clips of my novel that are way too much in a few sentences, some not enough at all, and still not storyboarded and I still don't have an idea for the ending. It comes down to good ending or bad ending, AKA 'Does she die or nah'-
I've got a lot of filler to write.Might pick up another idea entirely hfhdhdh
I'm guessing the 50 thousand is 50 thousand words, the most I've ever gotten was 4800 or something like that and it was still the bare beginning of the story and I had no idea where I was going with it, but hell was that fun to write. I had more motivation then though, and one day got frustrated and deleted the entire thing.

@EldritchHorror-Davadio health_and_safety emoji_events

Gonna give it a shot. Rough drafting a rewrite of an old work, though the entire original material comes out around 50K, so I'm not sure what the goal here should be, as far as word count.
Frankly, if I can coherently connect a few fragmentary bits and pieces I've had floating around in various documents, I'll feel I've made progress worth being proud of.
And as for what it's about? Sci-fi all the way, baby.

Deleted user

Mm, not sure yet- it came mostly from how much I love stories about summer camps and stuff like that, I'm trying to do something less lore-heavy and dark than normal, so I'm basically doing the opposite. Moth-person summer camp, in simple words, and I think the genre would be some kind of low-fantasy as opposed to the high-fantasies I've tried to write (and failed at).
What I was talking about previously was some kind of dark fantasy dystopia thing and I think im gonna drop it for the moths.

And also, I've never tried scifi, that sounds fun! I think rewriting old stuff is really cool

@ZAVEN local_movies

Ohh, I love sci-fi and fantasy! Both are great genres that I can't write well. I can't write very well at all, so that's what my participation in this event is hopefully going to improve. Also a moth person summer camp sounds pretty funny www, them all ogling at the campfire.

Deleted user

They try to tell stories or sing camp songs but they keep getting distracted

@larcenistarsonist group

Yo, all those ideas sound like a ton of fun to write a;sdjf I wish you all so much luck and I hope you succeed!! (I want to read them tooooo)

My NaNo project this year is going to finally be writing out the story I've been planning for a year. It's a post-WWIV, post-apocalypse kind of reconstruction period that takes place all around the world. It's 200 years in the future and six of the MCs are superhuman assassins. It's focused heavily on finding out who you are, but also the importance of family, even if they aren't blood. (It's also very, very queer.) It's sort of sci-fi, but not really and kind of dystopian, but not really.

@larcenistarsonist group

Thank you!! I'm super excited to get it rolling! The characters are some of my favorite I've ever created and I'm really hoping I've created a concept that hasn't been done yet, y'know?

@ZAVEN local_movies

That's super cool! I hope you can get that finished. I'd love to get to see it some day. Originality is definitely a good feeling in the art industry, so I get where you're coming from on that.