forum “All my friends are demons, take it slow…” (romance oxo REBOOT)
Started by @Tired-but-passionate
tune

people_alt 57 followers

@Tired-but-passionate

Everyone has their demons. Some feed them, some fight them. But for Bailey, they are exactly what he asked for. Long ago, he made a contract with a few demons, and they attached themselves to him. They are his only company. No one can see them, no one knows about them, but they are there, endlessly talking or fighting amongst themselves, and also being there for Bailey. But Bailey does not have any other friends, he’s not allowed to. It would violate his contract, and he would die. Another catch, one Bailey didn’t realize until it was too late? These demons are hungry. And Bailey is their host. They feed on him daily, draining him from morning till night.
But then, one day, someone enters Bailey’s life. They notice him, somehow, and they’re nice to him. They ask how he’s doing, they do him favors. They’re… cute. As this person and Bailey grow closer, he can’t help but wonder; why isn’t he dead? Doesn’t this violate the contract? Weren’t they being friendly?
But then, he figures it out. This person doesn’t want to be his friend. No, they want to be… something more.
~
Lol hey guys, this was probably a bad decision, but. I made,,,, a character and I like him. He needs love, okay? Also I wanted to reboot this bc I really miss him and I love this idea.
Rules:

• for our purposes, Bailey is mainly attracted to men
  • this is more or less a version of the real world, but where demons and stuff are real. Your average human doesn’t know about them though
  • TW, this roleplay will most likely contain the following: mental illness, s—cidal ideation, sh and other such topics. Please refrain from joining if you are triggered by or unprepared for these things
  • please be fairly active, but replying once a day is fine by me
  • if I have not rped with you before, I will ask for a sample of your writing
  • I will not tolerate toxic vibes in this house. Being a decent person out of character isn’t hard

@Tired-but-passionate

Name: Bailey Grossi
Gender/pronouns: male, he/him
Sexuality: doesn’t prefer any particular label, but dudes do be looking fine tho
Personality: this boy is,,,, tired. He’s tired of life, he’s tired of everything, and yet, he makes it a personal goal to see how late he can stay up. He’s quite introverted, just preferring to be on his own. He’s used to being independent, but at the same time has a lot of trouble taking care of himself. Has both abandonment and trust issues, and is trying his best to work on them, but thinking about it a lot inadvertently causes him a lot of anxiety. He’s also fairly intelligent, and he likes to spend a lot of time researching topics he’s interested in on the internet. One of these interests is fashion and makeup, but he often hides that from others, even the demons. Oh, also… he’s a pyromaniac. Just thought I should mention.
Appearance: Bailey is your average 5’6 skinny white boy with ✨problems✨ He has bright, hazel eyes, and he gets freckles when he’s in the sun for a while. Half of his head is shaved, and the other half falls to beneath his chin, sometimes covering his right eye. It’s dyed a purple-light pink ombré, but he dyes it in different colors frequently. He typically wears fairly baggy clothes, and wears shorts even when it’s cold outside. His left ear is pierced, where he wears a small black earring.
Backstory: all things considered, his childhood was fairly normal. Bailey is an only child, raised by his parents in suburbia. He had a few friends in preschool, but then his family moved to another neighborhood, and that’s when the trouble started. Bailey couldn’t get adjusted. Most of his first grade year was spent alone, trying to figure out if the other kids liked him or not. This continued on for while, and then the bullying began in middle school. It was… bad. He would often come home from school with bruises or cuts, or starving because he was forced to give his bullies lunch money. At one point he tried to tell his parents, but due to some other stuff that had to do with his sexuality, he didn’t think they would help. They always said things like “it’s just a phase” or “just ignore it,” undermining Bailey’s struggles even though they said it with good intentions. Eventually, it became to much to bear. Near the end of his eighth grade year, he decided to um, unalive himself. Before he could do so, however, some supernatural creatures approached him….
Other: would absolutely wear skirts and dresses if he didn’t think it was embarrassing and had the money. Also, he has a pet cat named Smoke.

Deleted user

Name: Greyson Fuller
Gender/pronouns: Demiboy, he/they
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: Greyson is a very kind individual, but can be a bit of an airhead sometimes. Can come off as a bit distant to those who don't know them that well. Has a hard time accepting himself. Is very tired, will not hesitate to fall asleep on you.
Appearance: https://s3.amazonaws.com/notebook-content-uploads/content/uploads/original/5c061f86-bc24-4967-bede-9c46d8633b24.jpeg?1664679534
Backstory: Yeah, we'll explain that later!

Deleted user

(Lol, yeah. This is going to be one of the chillest one I'll be in. You want to start?)

@Tired-but-passionate

Bailey hated bringing the demons to school. He never knew why they even decided to come. It was always some excuse about how they were making sure he wasn’t going to violate the contract or that they were bonded to him or something like that, but Bailey just didn’t understand. They could just wait until he got home, right? But no, they had to distract him every time he even tried to focus on something to do with school.
Right now, that something was math. Bailey sat at his desk, trying to work out a problem on the assignment for the day, but he couldn’t. One of the demons was apparently hungry, and at the most inconvenient time.
“Azrith,” Bailey whispered. “Leave me alone. Please. I need to focus.”
”You sure about that?” Azrith said. The demon was small enough to fit in his lap, despite their large, feathery wings. Their cat-like ears twitched with amusement, their red eyes and mouth pulled into a smug expression.
Bailey could feel his mental energy draining away. “I’m very sure. Can you come back later to feed? During lunch would be fine.” He laid his head on the desk.
The demon merely stuck their blood-red tongue at him and stayed where they were.

Deleted user

Greyson is, at that very moment, running late. Very late.

As a matter of fact, he'd be too late to sleep through first period. One of his most boring classes.

Math. Dear lord, they hated math.

He stumbles into class and trips over to his desk, next to the weird boy who was always talking to himself. Nobody else paid him any attention anymore.

He looks at the taller boy out of the corner of his eyes, tracing details he'd already memorized: cheekbones, eyelashes, lips. He flushes slightly and hides behind his baggy sleeves.

How long has it been like this? How long have I been noticing this strange boy? How long have I been putting off talking to him? he thinks to himself.

@Tired-but-passionate

“Aaaaaaazzzzzriiiiiiith!”
Bailey glanced to the side, seeing a taller demon materialize beside him. Her purplish wings expanded behind her as they gave a gleaming smile full of sharp teeth. They were one of the nicer demons.
”Don’t be mean, Azrith, leave the little human to himself.” She promptly picked up the tiny demon out of Bailey’s lap, taking them into her long arms.
”Sillmud!” Azrith whined. ”C’mon, I’m feeding here.”
It was at this moment Bailey heard a sound near him. He almost looked in the sound’s direction, but decided to give Sillmud a grateful glance first. Sillmud gave him a cheerful wave, then faded away with Azrith hissing in annoyance.
He then glanced over. Someone was looking at him? It was weird. Usually, no one wanted to sit next to him because he had an ‘aura’ or ‘weird vibes,’ which Bailey was pretty sure was the demons’ fault. He silently said kudos to the random person who sat next to him. Usually, no one had the guts to do that. Bailey returned to the math problem, feeling some of his mental capacity to solve it return.

Deleted user

Oh- he looked at me- Greyson realizes, trying to not seem weird. He'd been caught looking.

He waves at the other boy and then looks away, hiding his face behind an arm and his hood.

He was a bit flushed.

Eventually, he turns to look at the boy again.

"H- hey. . ." he says quietly.

@Tired-but-passionate

He was really trying to talk to him? That was a first. Who was this guy? Bailey looked back at him, his hair hanging over his eye. “Hey?” He wasn’t really sure what to say.
He glanced to the side. Sillmud was there, watching him with her usual cheerful, toothy smile. Azrith wasn’t with them, thankfully, but seeing her still left him uneasy. They glided over, placing her arms on his head, which felt weird because she had multi-colored crystals growing out of them.
”Need help?” they asked. Not waiting for an answer, the demon reached out one of her crystalline arms and aligned it with his. She wrapped a clawed hand around his hand that held the pencil, and guided it along. Bailey was starting to get nervous, because they had the ability to possess him, and her possessing him would be even more inconvenient than if Azrith had drained all of his mental energy for the rest of the day. She didn’t though, and occasionally blabbered and explained what she was doing. Half of it was actually mathematically correct, while the other half sounded suspiciously like a chant to a demonic ritual. He tried to maintain control of the pencil in case they accidentally made him write some weird demonic symbol on the paper or something.

Deleted user

"Um, I could use a bit of help. . . I missed most of math this school year and finals are coming up," Greyson says shyly.

Then again, it wasn't exactly missing it as sleeping through it. . .

@Tired-but-passionate

Damn. He was really trying to talk to him. As he would soon find out, that would be a poor decision to make.
Bailey gritted his teeth. “Sill. Sill,” he whispered.
Sillmud stopped blabbering and made a little ”Oh!” They released their grip on him and moved so that she was facing him upside down, her wild purple-blue hair covering his notebook.
”You got it?” they asked. Bailey gave her a single nod, and she smiled wide. ”I still wanna watch! You humans do the weirdest things with this. Wouldn’t you rather the ‘x’ stay unknown instead?”
Believe me, I would, Bailey thought to himself. He finally turned to the craziest boy he’d ever spoken to. This was a prank, wasn’t it? Was he going to get bullied again? He’d like to see what he would do this time, the demons wouldn’t allow it.
“Oh…. That sucks,” he said. “I… I guess I could help you, if you’re alright with it.” He looked at him suspiciously though, keeping his limbs close to his body.

Deleted user

Greyson smiles a little.

He has a pretty voice. . .

"I'm fine with it."