forum Any Sondheim Fans Here?
Started by @GoodThingGoing group
tune

people_alt 59 followers

@GoodThingGoing group

There's no way I'm the only Sondheim fan on this forum. So if you are as well, hello! My name is Eva and my favorite musicals are Assassins, Bandstand, Company, Merrily We Roll Along, Falsettos, and Follies. As you can probably already tell, Stephen Sondheim is my favorite composer/lyricist. I need to talk about how much of a genius this man was or I'll spontaneously combust.

@Yamatsu

I personally prefer Sunday in the Park with George, A Little Night Music, and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. Sondheim is my favorite as well, though I'm surprised you didn't mention Into the Woods. That seems to be everyone's favorite, from what I've heard.

@GoodThingGoing group

I was in Into the Woods Jr. in high school and tbh I don't love it? Definitely on the lower end of my favorites list. I'm hoping to listen to Sunday in the Park With George sometime this year so I can finally finish reading Putting It Together. Same with A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, which I've listened to and seen the movie of but have yet to read the script for (although I have it)

@Yamatsu

I think I heard one of them in Sondheim on Sondheim when he was talking about how they didn't really work as the opening to a comedy so he came up with "A Comedy Tonight."