forum I need another fecking RP // OxO // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 72 followers

@Tired-but-passionate

Her eyes widened, imbued with a new focus. "Medical? Oh yes, please, I have skills in that."
When it came down to it, healing people from poison was much more interesting than killing people with poison, but she digressed.

@ElderGod-Icefire

She nodded a little. "Of course. You'll need to lay low for a little bit first, but we can get something figured out for you to help out with." she said, gaze flicking about the room fo rjust a moment before returning to Indigo.

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo fell silent as thoughts of the future filled them. Once the rebellion provided her some lodgings, perhaps she could find Lee, or their father. Or perhaps it would be better to find a source of income first. Indigo frowned. That might be difficult, especially at first. She should at least try, but how were they supposed to go about it? They didn’t know.

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Wait in here for a bit, while I get your paperwork sorted out." Arabelle said, moving towards the door and then leaving the room, leaving Indigo alone. They probably wouldn't have to wait for forever, but it wouldn't happen too quickly either.

@Tired-but-passionate

As soon as Arabelle shut the door behind her, Indigo folded her arms on the table in front of them and buried their face in them. She just wanted to shut her eyes for a moment. To process. There was nowhere else they needed to be right now. There was no one who owned her. There never would be ever again.

@ElderGod-Icefire

They were left alone for a while, which gave her at least a little bit of time to process. The small fire crackled and popped faintly; where the smoke went was anyone's guess. Likely, though, it was carried by a small pipe until it joined with the smoke from other fireplaces. That was the most likely way for it to be disguised.

@Tired-but-passionate

Soon everything that happened started catching up to them. They edged closer and closer to the unconscious as her thoughts became more and more disjointed and illogical. Soon, Indigo was asleep, awash in memories and dreams.

@ElderGod-Icefire

No one came to disturb them for a few hours, and then there was a knock at the door. A moment later, the door was slowly opened. The figure who came in was tall and slim, with the pointed ears of a full blooded Fae. He cleared his throat faintly, eyes landing on Indigo. He was holding papers in his hands, a pen tucked behind one ear and ink stains on his fingers.

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo only woke up when the Fae cleared his throat. As soon as she realized they weren’t alone, they raised her head. “Ah- my bad, my bad,” she muttered nervously. A yawn took them by surprise. Once they caught sight of his ears, she immediately looked back down at their hands and arms.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He hummed very faintly, sitting down on one of hte other chairs and setting the papers in front of her. "It's fine, I'm on your side." he said, seeming quite used to half-fae and humans reacting negatively to his presence. His voice was gentle and calm, and he shuffled through a few of the papers. "I have left some of the information blank, so that you could fill it in. I suggest you pick a name different from your current one, so that it is not overly similar."

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo’s eyes went from the Fae man to the papers. “Good to know,” she said slowly. She took some time to look through the papers, nodding a little and fingering their lip as they read. Pausing, they took a moment to pat her legs and chest. “Ah, do you happen to have a pen I could borrow?”

@ElderGod-Icefire

He pulled out the pen tucked behind his eat, holding it out to her. "Here." he said. He had not given her his name; this was likely on purpose. If she was caught, she could describe him, but wouldn't be able to give a name that would lead to him. And a description could only get investigators so far.

@Tired-but-passionate

“Thanks.” Indigo took the pen and began signing her name on the papers. The handwriting was questionable, but then again it had been a while since they had used written language. They slid the papers over to him once she was done.

@ElderGod-Icefire

He took the papers, reviewing them. "So, what name have you chosen?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her and taking the pen back so taht he could fill out anything he needed to fill out.

@Tired-but-passionate

(Why did I literally forget the name-)

“Kai Pendall,” they said slowly. Then, with a shrug, “It was the best name I could think of on the spot.”
Indigo watched as he took the pen, still curious about him. She held her elbows on the table, leaning her head against one hand and examining him with flickering eyes.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(yea lol i was going "uhhh name??)

He laughed quietly. "Pendall." he shook his head a little bit as he initialed off on a few pieces. "Well, it works. Kai is a common enough name to escape scrutiny, though I am unsure of the commonality of Pendall." he shrugged one shoulder, studying the papers with a careful, practiced gaze.

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo shrugged again in return. “If it works, it works.” They tried to run over the name in their mind a few times, trying to get used to it in case someone called her by that name, which they probably would.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(brooo i just realized this RP is a year old now!!)

He initialed a few documents, writing and filling in various blanks in order to make the story believable. "Well, Kai Pendall, you've moved here to teh capital in order to start a new life. You are a free person, and as of the issuance of these documents, have not yet found a permanent place of residence." he looked over at her, gaze calm and level. "You have some experience in medicinal herbs, along with the duties typically expected of a maid. You are…" he studied them for a long moment. "26 years old as of a month and a half ago. You divorced your partner before moving here, and you do not miss them at all." his words were spoken in that same calm, even manner. "Does all of that make sense? It's a backstory with enough truth to be believable, and enough false truths to be believable." he did not say the word "lies"; as a Fae, if he acknowledged that they were lies, he would not have been able to say them in the first place.

@Tired-but-passionate

(Broooo it is!! Go us)

She listened attentively, nodding every now and then. It felt a little weird to hear this random Fae say things like them being good with medicinal herbs and having the skills of a maid though, and she looked away awkwardly when he paused to assess her age. “That makes sense,” they affirmed.

@ElderGod-Icefire

(:D)

He had gotten that information from the others, which was why he had used them. It was good that she had those skills, that were not too specialized as to stand out, but were excellent, working skills. "Good. Is there anything else I should put down? Any extra information that is necessary or wanted on these forms?" he asked, holding his pen lightly between his fingers.

@Tired-but-passionate

But then they zoned out for a moment, still thinking about her new story. You are a free person… She relived those words over and over again. A free person. Then they blinked. “Hm? Oh…” after thinking for a moment, she pointed with her finger. “I moved here to the capital to start a new life, and to visit my father… Jack Pendall? And some friends, too.”

@ElderGod-Icefire

He paused. "Do you actually have someone to serve as this father?" he asked. "Because if you do not, it is not a good idea to add that to your story. Otherwise, people will question why they've never met him." he adjusted his hold on the pen, studying her with a raised eyebrow.

@Tired-but-passionate

Indigo thought about it some more, and cringed. Technically, she wasn’t sure whether their father was dead or alive at this point. They would like to believe he was alive, but there was no way to be sure. “Perhaps not. I agree. Just friends, then?”