forum At War // OxO // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 80 followers

@Tired-but-passionate

He closed his eyes. “Ah, I see. Well, I thought it was that dragons hoard everything, and technically land would be no exception.” Then he chuckled. “But then, I suppose that’s the common stereotype of humans. Your desire for conquest. We hoard wealth, you hoard land. Isn’t that right?”

@ElderGod-Icefire

Seren continued to glare at Kaylum. "How can you be such a useless prince, that you can tell me nothing of your country's government? What, was your purpose simply to sit and look pretty, like a little plaything?" his words were biting, his tone sharp as a sword.

@Tired-but-passionate

“I guess so, since father and mother never let me fight in any battles.” Kaylum did not feel like he was lying here, not exactly. It wasn’t that his purpose was to look pretty, it was to stay alive. Looking pretty was just a side bonus. His parents only let him participate in things that they deemed to be safe, like strategizing.

@Tired-but-passionate

Kaylum had to hold in a laugh. The sigh, his tone of voice, everything. If he didn’t know any better, he would have thought this was fun. “Oh, really? I think it’s a least in the same ballpark, right?”

@ElderGod-Icefire

"Yes, I'm very sure. And while I am well aware you are terrible in battle, I also do not believe that your parents never had you do anything other than sit pretty."

@Tired-but-passionate

Kaylum had been wondering when that would happen again. This time he definitely made a noise, crying out briefly before gritting his teeth and just focusing on breathing. He did not answer at first; the stinging feeling had escalated into a raging burn.
“I am,” he eventually rasped. “Also, wow… you used my proper title. Who would have… would have thought?”

@Tired-but-passionate

Oh great ancestors… Kaylum was this close to praying in the middle of this interrogation. “It’s really not,” he said, shaking his head faintly. Wincing in pain for a moment, he didn’t say any more.

@Tired-but-passionate

After taking a moment to breathe, Kaylum rolled his eyes and said. “Well, clearly we’ve reached a difference in a opinion. Let’s agree to disagree.”

@Tired-but-passionate

“Well, you haven’t asked me much, have you?” Kaylum shot back, though his heart was beginning to pound again. If worst comes to worst, he may just shift. “Sorry, what was the question again?”