forum it's me or the medicine (o/o) (Sherlock Holmes-y thing)
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 57 followers

Deleted user

So uhh I do in fact have a slight place in my heart for the Sherlock Holmes mythos, even the less good and more bad parts of it (cough Moffat) so thus I am taking it upon myself to say hmm, but what if modern? And also what if Holmes is confirmed ADHD/probably for the sake of argument also autistic like I am? Anyways, my version of Sherlock is better at the very least than uh,,,, the some of the more popular iterations of the character so I'm going to say I'm trying.

Anyways, plot time.

Sherlock Holmes (he/him) is a 20-something highschool dropout who goes around solving crimes and helping people to self-medicate his crippling boredom (also he uses drugs but hush). He currently "officially" works at a construction plant, but is seldom seen there and really only works there to solve a bigger sort of "crime web/underworld" thing. He's smart, but never managed to apply himself and so is it such a bad thing when John Watson offers him a place at his flat, just until Sherlock can get back on his feet?

John Watson (he/him) is a 50-something ex-military maybe-lunatic who people have cut out of their lives for one reason or another. But he has a partner (Mary Morstan, 50-ish, they/she and herpetologist extrodanaire!) and he's finally gotten a job at a hospital that seems to be lifting him up off his feet gradually and gradually. He meets Sherlock Holmes by chance in a renovation project to fix a wing of the hospital, and feeling bad for the kid (anyone twenty years younger than John or more is a kid lol) he decides to take Sherlock in and let him have free reign over the apartment. Is this too good to be true? Yes, yes it is. John also wants Sherlock to kick the drugs and start getting an education. Sherlock agrees, but will it really be that easy? And is John really a PTSD-riddled madman like some say, for taking in what's clearly a lost cause? Also he and Sherlock end up solving crimes together.

Also if you've seen my circa 2010s search history I swear I approve of John/Sherlock shipping but I just don't want it for this one lmao. Have fun, I'll post a template soon! I will be playing Sherlock, Mary, and all other characters, the only one you have to worry about is John Watson.

Deleted user

(Hey @Icefire thoughts? I'm kinda desperate to do this idea with someone lol.)

Deleted user

(Oof well it doesn't look like anyone else is biting so shall we?)

Deleted user

(I’m on and off sporadically. I’ll post templates and make my dudes and then I’ll see if we can start? Idk?)

Deleted user

Name:
Orientation:
Appearance:
Personality:
Job:
Hobbies:
Theme Song(s):
Other:

Deleted user

Name: Sherlock Holmes
Gender/Pronouns: Cisn’t, as in trans man, he/him
Orientation: Panromantic Asexual Demiromantic
Appearance: too lazy lmao have picrew
https://picrew.me/share?cd=55D5SomFFS 5’2”
Personality: Honestly boy just a mess. Struggles with drug abuse and violent urges on the daily, and loses his temper all too easily. He’s just struggling man.
Job: Currently a construction worker who does under the table private detective work on the side.
Hobbies: Detectiving mostly, but does like animals.
Theme Song(s): Medicine by Artist vs Poet, Burning Pile by Mother Mother, My Mother Wants Me Dead by carolsdaughter
Other: Likes to think he’s not “that” autistic or adhd but in reality people can see it from a mile away. Internalized ableism moments lmao.

Name: Mary Morstan
Gender/Pronouns: Nonbinary transfem, they/she
Orientation: Bisexual, leans more towards women generally but is still deeply in love with Watson.
Appearance:
https://picrew.me/share?cd=ws4Atp1JbX 5’11”
Personality: A very eccentric, but kind, person. Loves her work and loves their partner.
Job: Herpetologist and professor at a local university
Hobbies: Burlesque and pole dancing on weekends, helps teach a few classes in both subjects and often volunteers in the community. Who says age can stop you from pursuing your dreams? Also breeds reptiles, Kenyan Sand Boas specifically.
Theme Song(s): Woman by Doja Cat, Boss Bitch by Doja Cat, Wrecking Ball by Mother Mother
Other: Has two cats, Flotsam and Jetsam, that she adores.

Deleted user

EDIT: For Mary, they also have hemophilia. Forgot to add.

Deleted user

(Consider: Mary and John basically just adopting Sherlock becos he’s a mess and they’re both pretty neat. Idk. I feel like Sherlock reflects a lot of my fears and desires around familial relationships yknow? Just some random thoughts.)

Deleted user

(Also bump because I’m annoying and also it been a while. Are you alright? Just busy?)

Deleted user

(Oh awesome!!!! Take your time then, and sorry!!!)

@ElderGod-Icefire

Name: John Watson
Gender/Pronouns: cis man, he/him
Orientation: Bi, leans towards women
Appearance: https://picrew.me/shareImg/org/202205/80783_ledGAM9R.png tall, at 6'1"
Personality: Intelligent, with a tendency to go off on tangents while speaking. Relatively stable in normal day to day life, though that is mainly because he tries to reign in anything else. He struggles with PTSD and anger issues.
Job: Former military doctor, now works in a hospital
Hobbies: art, and history
Theme Song(s): (don't have any right now, will ad some when i think of them)
Other: