forum “All my friends are demons, take it slow…” (romance oxo)
Started by @Tired-but-passionate
tune

people_alt 60 followers

@Tired-but-passionate

Everyone has their demons. Some feed them, some fight them. But for Bailey, they are exactly what he asked for. Long ago, he made a contract with a few demons, and they attached themselves to him. They are his only company. No one can see them, no one knows about them, but they are there, endlessly talking or fighting amongst themselves, and also being there for Bailey. But Bailey does not have any other friends, he’s not allowed to. It would violate his contract, and he would die. Another catch, one Bailey didn’t realize until it was too late? These demons are hungry. And Bailey is their host. They feed on him daily, draining him from morning till night.
But then, one day, someone enters Bailey’s life. They notice him, somehow, and they’re nice to him. They ask how he’s doing, they do him favors. They’re… cute. As this person and Bailey grow closer, he can’t help but wonder; why isn’t he dead? Doesn’t this violate the contract? Weren’t they being friendly?
But then, he figures it out. This person doesn’t want to be his friend. No, they want to be… something more.
~
Lol hey guys, this was probably a bad decision, but. I made,,,, a character and I like him. He needs love, okay?
Rules:

• for our purposes, Bailey is mainly attracted to men
  • this is more or less a version of the real world, but where demons and stuff are real. Your average human doesn’t know about them though
  • TW, this roleplay will most likely contain the following: mental illness, s—cidal ideation, sh and other such topics. Please refrain from joining if you are triggered by or unprepared for these things
  • please be fairly active, but replying once a day is fine by me
  • if I have not rped with you before, I will ask for a sample of your writing
  • I will not tolerate toxic vibes in this house. Being a decent person out of character isn’t hard

@ElderGod-Carrots

Heya! I really shouldn’t be joining another rp right now however this prompt sounds very cool and I could do with some angsty-cute-mlm-romance right about now. May I?

@ElderGod-Carrots

The glint in Cas' eyes was dangerous, mind racing and filling with endless possibilities and scenarios. They were toying a very fine line, and one wrong move could have it spiralling from the fun it was, what it could turn into, speeding directly in the opposite direction. But gods was it satisfying to hear Hylas speechless, to sense how fast both their hearts were beating and to know how calculated their responses were. Hylas could have stopped it right there, but he hadn't, definitely not with that word choice. The grip on the knife only tightened a fraction, if anything to compose himself. He finished the root he was working on, placing the knife to one side as he licked his lips, finally looking back to Hylas slowly, "The ones who hear about those feelings are the ones I think I have the skill to go up against me." A shrug, holding Hylas' gaze, unmoving from his place at the counter, "There's nothing to suggest I don't mind letting others come out on top. Being in control all the time becomes so boring. And anyway…" He sighed, turning to face Hylas from his place across the room, "It's nice to see how far your sparring partner is willing to go to get you in such a vulnerable position. If they have the guts to do so." Cas bit his lip. Was it the fire that had the room suddenly so warm or was it the twisting, satisfying feeling growing in his stomach? Even from across the room, nowhere near each other, Cas could feel the tension between them, an invisible string urging him to go closer, test the waters more, see what Hylas would do in response. So far his reactions had been nothing short of wonderful. From the stuttering to the heat rising in his cheeks. He was playing a dangerous game with the most dangerous man he knew, and Cas was loving it. The back of his mind, the logical part, the one that screamed at him to stop it before things got out of hand, but he couldn't, he didn't want to, not now that he'd seen just a sliver of this part of Hylas. What would he do next? He was aching to know, desperate for his reply, those words with subtle undertones, the hidden meaning beneath them, like a drug Cas didn't know he wanted, or needed, and craved more of.

@ElderGod-Carrots

Name: Lucas 'Luka' Miller
Gender/pronouns: Cis male, he/him
Sexuality: queer, he doesn't like labels but knows he likes pretty much everyone, leans more to masc present/males
Personality: Luka is a social butterfly, pretty outgoing and enthusiastic, loves making friends and being surrounded by people. His social battery can last quite a long time with the right people. Party animal, does drink but refuses to smoke or do drugs, he draws the line there. Sporty, plays football, very good player and has played pretty much every sport in the book by this point. He likes keeping active, sitting still can be a challenge at times. No bullshit type of guy. Doesn't tolerate bullies or harassment to anyone of any gender or sexuality or ethnicity. Pretty much your classic golden retriever dude (even if his appearance can show otherwise). Tries to hide the fact he has terrible anxiety - frequent panic attacks and anxiety attacks. He's never gotten help for it since he's never told anyone before. Probably has mild depression but it's not serious (at least not in his mind, honestly he thinks everyone has those types of thoughts so he's never thought he might have the condition). Even though he surrounds himself with friends he still does feel lonely at times like no one really understands him. Most of his friend group think he's straight, anyway, he's kept that on the low down for his years in high school, afraid of what they might think if the star child Luka was gay.
Appearance: Luka stands at a whopping 6'4- cutesy of his father he got the tall genes in the family. He has a tanned skin tone, fairly pale in the winter season. His hair is fairly short on the sides and long on the top, wavy, and a very nice dark brown. He has a defined face shape, naturally large eyes that are a chocolate colour and long lashes. He has a natural resting bitch face which can give the impression that he doesn't like you however is usually quick to smile to hide it. His body is leaner than ripped muscle, though from playing all that sport he is pretty defined in some arms like arms and chest and abs.
Backstory: Grew up the middle child in a fairly rich household. Older brother who is now an adult and moved out and a younger brother who is about 10. Parents are usually out working so he doesn't see them all too often and has taken on a caretaker role for his younger brother. Kinda neglected as all middle children are but he doesn't mind as much, as long as his younger brother gets enough attention. Dad is kinda a dickhead, mother is a lovely woman - she's usually away out of town for business or home for a week and then gone for another two.
Other: huge fan of dancing and the arts, wants to get more into it but is very afraid of what his dad might think.

(hope he's okay! I can make changes if need be:))

@Tired-but-passionate

(Awwww Luka’s adorable! He looks good :)

Name: Bailey Grossi
Gender/pronouns: male, he/him
Sexuality: doesn’t prefer any particular label, but dudes do be looking fine tho
Personality: this boy is,,,, tired. He’s tired of life, he’s tired of everything, and yet, he makes it a personal goal to see how late he can stay up. He’s quite introverted, just preferring to be on his own. He’s used to being independent, but at the same time has a lot of trouble taking care of himself. Has both abandonment and trust issues, and is trying his best to work on them, but thinking about it a lot inadvertently causes him a lot of anxiety. He’s also fairly intelligent, and he likes to spend a lot of time researching topics he’s interested in on the internet. One of these interests is fashion and makeup, but he often hides that from others, even the demons. Oh, also… he’s a pyromaniac. Just thought I should mention.
Appearance: Bailey is your average 5’6 skinny white boy with ✨problems✨ He has bright, hazel eyes, and he gets freckles when he’s in the sun for a while. Half of his head is shaved, and the other half falls to beneath his chin, sometimes covering his right eye. It’s dyed an orange-red ombré, but he dyes it in different colors frequently. He typically wears fairly baggy clothes, and wears shorts even when it’s cold outside. His left ear is pierced, where he wears a small black earring.
Backstory: all things considered, his childhood was fairly normal. Bailey is an only child, raised by his parents in suburbia. He had a few friends in preschool, but then his family moved to another neighborhood, and that’s when the trouble started. Bailey couldn’t get adjusted. Most of his first grade year was spent alone, trying to figure out if the other kids liked him or not. This continued on for while, and then the bullying began in middle school. It was… bad. He would often come home from school with bruises or cuts, or starving because he was forced to give his bullies lunch money. At one point he tried to tell his parents, but due to some other stuff that had to do with his sexuality, he didn’t think they would help. They always said things like “it’s just a phase” or “just ignore it,” undermining Bailey’s struggles even though they said it with good intentions. Eventually, it became too much to bear. Near the end of his eight grade year, he decided to um, unalive himself. Before he could do so, however, some supernatural creatures approached him….
Other: would absolutely wear skirts and dresses if he didn’t think it was embarrassing and had the money. Also, he has a pet cat named Smoke.

@ElderGod-Carrots

(Ahh I love Bailey, poor baby:( and yes, the height difference is everything, Luka is gonna have to bend down to give this man a hug but great for cuddling though)

@Tired-but-passionate

Bailey hated bringing the demons to school. He never knew why they even decided to come. It was always some excuse about how they were making sure he wasn’t going to violate the contract or that they were bonded to him or something like that, but Bailey just didn’t understand. They could just wait until he got home, right? But no, they had to distract him every time he even tried to focus on something to do with school.
Right now, that something was math. Bailey sat at his desk, trying to work out a problem on the assignment for the day, but he couldn’t. One of the demons was apparently hungry, and at the most inconvenient time.
“Azrith,” Bailey whispered. “Leave me alone. Please. I need to focus.”
”You sure about that?” Azrith said. The demon was small enough to fit in his lap, despite their large, feathery wings. Their cat-like ears twitched with amusement, their red eyes and mouth pulled into a smug expression.
Bailey could feel his mental energy draining away. “I’m very sure. Can you come back later to feed? During lunch would be fine.” He laid his head on the desk.
The demon merely stuck their blood-red tongue at him and stayed where they were.

@ElderGod-Carrots

Lucas had gained a reputation for being late, even if it was unintentional to begin with, now it was just to have a little bit of fun throughout the boring school day. Besides, maths wasn't important anyway, at least not to him. He wouldn't deny he was good at it, it was one of those things that just managed to click in his brain - unlike English - and so he really wasn't worried when he practically waltzed into class later than usual.
Coffee in one hand, Luka gave the teacher a one-handed salute, receiving an unamused look in return. No seats. Not that it mattered, none of his mates were in this class to begin with.
With a sigh, he headed to one of the only available seats. Luka knew, or knew of, majority of the school by now, curtesy of being in every sport and being deemed one of the 'popular' kids.
"Bailey, right?" He said as he sat down with a smile. The smaller guy might not be looking at him, and if anything he could have been asleep and not heard him, but the smile was prominent in his voice. Lucus had seen him around before, they'd never talked, but he had always been curious about him, "Is it all good if I sit here?"

@Tired-but-passionate

“Aaaaaaazzzzzriiiiiiith!”
Bailey glanced to the side, seeing a taller demon materialize beside him. Her purplish wings expanded behind her as they gave a gleaming smile full of sharp teeth. They were one of the nicer demons.
”Be a dear, Azrith, leave the darling human to himself.” She promptly picked up the tiny demon out of Bailey’s lap, taking them into her long arms.
”Sillmud!” Azrith whined. ”C’mon, I’m feeding here.”
It was at this moment Bailey heard his name. He almost looked in the voice’s direction, but decided to give Sillmud a grateful glance first. Sillmud gave him a cheerful wave, then faded away with Azrith hissing in annoyance.
Bailey sighed with relief, then turned to the direction where he heard the other voice. Oh, it was one of those jock kids. At first, Bailey felt a flinch of fear. The guy was tall, and he reminded him of the bullies who used to beat him up in middle school.
“Yeah,” he said quietly. “Yeah, it’s fine.”
It was weird. Usually, no one wanted to sit next him because he had an ‘aura’ or ‘weird vibes,’ which Bailey was pretty sure was the demons’ fault. Why did this jock of all people want to sit next to him? Well, looking around, there wasn’t anywhere else to sit. Bailey returned to the math problem, feeling some of his mental capacity to solve it return.

@ElderGod-Carrots

Luke was already pulling out his text and note book by the time Bailey replied, opening up to the correct page in the text book and fresh blank page in his notes, “Thanks! I’m sorry if I disturbed you, but there isn’t many other places to sit, so you know.” He chuckled lightly, getting right into the problems on the board and in his book.
Easy work. Maybe it was the coffee that heightened his already enthusiastic personality, or maybe it was just because he was always this way, or maybe it was just because the maths was easy today, but he blitzed through them in no time.
He’d heard what people had to say about Bailey. The quiet weird kid who didn’t talk to anyone but himself, kept to himself and didn’t have any friends. Luka wouldn’t deny that he was curious about him, he always had been, but kept his distance for the most part. Besides, Bailey didn’t talk much, unlike him, and he didn’t want to frighten the poor dude. That didn’t stop him offering his help for the maths, though, “Hey uh, if you need any help with this I’m happy to lend a hand, it’s really easy today.”

@Tired-but-passionate

Bailey glanced over and just nodded before going back to the problem. He had to go through the whole process of solving it by hand to really get an answer, but at least he finished it. He started working on the next one when he heard the jock speak again.
Bailey wanted to say yes. Azrith really did a number on him, apparently. But it should be really easy, and it would feel weird to ask for help. And also…
He glanced to the side. Sillmud was there, watching him with her usual cheerful, toothy smile. Azrith wasn’t with them, thankfully, but seeing her still left him uneasy.
“I’m… I’m good,” he said. “But thanks for the offer.”
Sillmud glided over, placing her arms on his head, which felt weird because she had multi-colored crystals growing out of them.
”I’ll help!” they volunteered, reaching out one of her crystalline arms and aligning it with his. She wrapped a clawed hand around his hand that held the pencil, and guided it along. Bailey was starting to get nervous, because they had the ability to possess him, and her possessing him would be even more inconvenient than if Azrith had drained all of his mental energy for the rest of the day. She didn’t though, and occasionally blabbered and explained what she was doing. Half of it was actually mathematically correct, while the other half sounded suspiciously like a chant to a demonic ritual. He tried to maintain control of the pencil in case they accidentally made him write some weird demonic symbol on the paper or something.

@ElderGod-Carrots

"Oh, okay, all good." Luka offered a smile before heading back to his own work, continuing on with the problems in the next chapter. He could sense the anxiety radiating off Bailey in waves. He wasn't a stranger to the feeling, he knew exactly what it was like but what in the world could he be worried about?
It was easy to glance down at his paper considering he was so much taller, even sitting down he towered over him. Luka hadn't realised how short he was until now, or maybe it was because he hadn't been this close to the other boy before. Either way, he could see the strain he was putting on the pencil, and couldn't help but frown. Why is he so tense? It's just maths, am I worrying him being here?
It was only now that Luka could tell why people stayed away from Bailey, but that wasn't going to make him move away or make a comment that would make him more uncomfortable than he might have already been. He couldn't help but be intrigued by him. The urge to make conversation was strong, not just because he was curious to know about the mysterious boy, but because that was in his nature. Considering most of the class was quiet, anyway, he decided that maybe that wasn't the best move in the first place.
"I'm um, Lucas, by the way," He said after a while, "I don't think we've ever actually met so… it's nice to meet you." Maybe that would spark up a little bit of conversation, albeit a small one, if only to get Bailey to speak again. He was so quiet, was it just because of the class and being at school that had him this way or was he just an introvert? Luka nearly rolled his eyes at himself. Focus on the work.