forum The Cozy Hollow (Fantasy/LGBT+)(Open Again!)
Started by @LovelyRose
tune

people_alt 58 followers

@LovelyRose

There are places on Earth that feel as if they have magic in them. Airports, for example, where time seems distorted. Hole-in-the-wall restaurants that serve astonishing meals. Old dressing rooms that bear the marks of performers past. Generally, such locations are not actually magic; they are merely nostalgic or oddly built. But the little bakery in the heart of Tangerine, Saroka is the real deal.

The bakery, The Cozy Hollow, is one of the many hidden gathering spots of the supernatural. It’s two stories tall and owned by Morrow, an enchanting medium with a massive sweet tooth. Morrow can see and speak to the dead, though he does not have powers of resurrection. He is known for his kindness and love for his small found family. His closest friends are another medium named Mystic, who does the financial work, and a few of the ghosts that linger in the shop.

Your character is a stranger that has come to the town in hopes of speaking with the dead. Whether they find what they are searching for is unknown. Perhaps in their quest, however, they will find something they need more.

(Basically, I’m reading a book right now that has a cool concept, but I don’t like the execution. So I’m kind of doing it myself!)

Rules:
• A writing sample is required! I’d prefer it if whoever joins has replies that are one paragraph (or more) in length. No text talk or single sentence replies, please!
• I’d like this to be with someone who replies at least once a day! I do know that life gets in the way, so occasional gaps are alright, but I’d be pretty happy if this went at a semi-consistent pace.
• I do have the right to deny you entry if I feel that you aren’t a good fit, but please don’t take it personally! You’re very welcome to stay around and stalk the roleplay.
• This is a more mature roleplay! It shouldn’t involve a lot of super explicit violence, but I just want to put a warning out there that it probably will deal with death and a lot of other hard topics.

Deleted user

(Hey! I'm in love with this concept and I have a character who would fit right in if you'll have me.)

Deleted user

Vincent noticed the smile, The gap, the pure genuineness of Marco’s emotions. It was something he hadn’t seen, felt, in a long time. He shifted in his seat, for once in his life giving his full attention to a person. A person, might he mention, that he just barely met.
But that was no match for the connection he immediately felt. The complete understanding that bloomed from their short conversation, and he couldn’t help but smile again.

“I dunno if you’d wanna go to my house… I guess we could just walk around town? See where it takes us?”

@LovelyRose

(not to sound too picky but are your replies/posts generally this long? cause if so that’d be nice! mine typically range from about one to four short paragraphs in length—if that’s too much to read/write daily then I totally understand!!)

Deleted user

(Yep! I always make sure to add more detail and keep them a minimum of about 2 paragraphs if that's alright. Actually, this is one of my shorter responses! lol)
(I may do more or less, but I hate one liners and lacking important details, so never expect me to do anything ridiculously short :)

@LovelyRose

(I’m pretty big on description and such, so that’s all good news to me! I already have my character sheet filled out and I’ll try to post it by tonight—it’s been a busy day today, most aren’t like this haha)

Deleted user

(Ah, screw it. Why not. I'll join. I said I need restraint- but- it's just too good to pass up, lmao!)

Deleted user

(Sorry- very random message- but I would like to join, is the gist of it.)

@LovelyRose

(oh whoops wait I did understand that part! this was intended to be a one on one type deal, though, which I’m now realizing I wasn’t super clear about! sorry!! if you wanted to copy this roleplay with someone else you’re more than welcome to :) )

@LovelyRose

(you’re good!! that was completely my bad also I forgot to take away the open part from the title so you’re completely fine! I think it’s sweet that people kinda wanna stay around and read what happens)

Deleted user

(Yeah… grins I've always been the sort to lurk around closed but interesting RPs, so yeah.)

@LovelyRose

CHARACTER SHEET

Basics-

Name:
Personality:
Magic:
Education Level:
Hobbies:
Extra: (Could be medical/mental health conditions, likes/dislikes, etc.)

Physical Appearance-

Height:
Weight/Body Type: (Doesn’t need to be super specific or exact)
Physical Features: (Image or description; should include things like eye color, hair color/style, skin tone, face shape and features, etc.)
Clothing Style:
Extra: (Anything from makeup to piercings or tattoos)

Family/History-

Background: (Very brief history that explains character’s lifestyle, including economic status and important events)
Family: (Any living members? Anyone important?)
Relationship(s): (Close friends or romantic relationships)
Extra:

@LovelyRose

Basics-

Name: Morrow
Gender/Sexuality: He is a cisgender male whose identifies as queer.
Personality: Morrow is calm, composed, and quiet. He is kind to all, though he doesn’t talk much. He doesn’t get angry easily, and he always prefers words over violence.
Magic: Morrow has the ability to see and speak to the dead. That is all he can do; he cannot, for example, help them pass over or resurrect anyone.
Education Level: His education is mostly what he has learned from books and life experience. Due to personal reasons, he never finished high school, and he never had a reason or the funds to go to college.
Hobbies: When he’s not baking or working at the shop, he’s knitting, reading, listening to music, or playing the violin. He’s played the violin ever since he was a child.
Extra: Though he does love catering and speaking to customers, he is very introverted. He doesn’t like high anxiety situations or anything too loud. He also gets rather bad migraines.

Physical Appearance-

Height: Morrow is about 6’4” tall.
Weight/Body Type: He’s in the 220-230 lbs range, which means he has a softer figure.
Physical Features: He has lightly tanned skin and very dark brown eyes set in a somewhat soft face. His black hair is thick and wavy, and it’s slightly thinner on the sides than it is on top. He also has cheek dimples and smile lines.
Clothing Style: His style could be described as dark academia, though it leans more on the casual than glamorous side. He loves big leather jackets, loose, dark sweaters, and comfortable pants with holes in the knees. If he’s in a good mood, he’ll wear sparkly black nail polish and rings. He tends to avoid clothing with skulls or ghosts on it.
Extra: Morrow has his ears pierced, and he’ll usually wear earrings made with dark gemstones. He doesn’t have any tattoos.

Family/History-

Background: When Morrow was about eleven, he had a tragic near death experience. This granted him the ability to see and speak to spirits. For quite some time, his father insisted that it was his imagination. He was taken to many therapists and psychiatrists that offered him a wide variety of solutions. None seemed to work. Eventually, Morrow learned to keep quiet about his ability, though he continued to look into it on the side. He ended up finding Mystic after dropping out of high school. The two decided to buy and transform an old, abandoned building into a bakery. After a year and a half, they successfully opened The Cozy Hollow. They’ve been there ever since.
Family: His father is still living, though Morrow doesn’t speak of him often. He’s always been closer with his older brother, Grim. He used to also be close with his grandfather until he passed.
Relationship(s): Mystic is his best friend. He’s generally quite nice to everyone, but he isn’t close with a lot of other living people. He knows a couple of ghosts that he gets along with rather well. These include, but are not limited to, Destiny and Arrow.
Extra: Morrow won’t talk about his mother or younger sister, Rose. It’s best that he’s not asked about either of them.

@LovelyRose

(morrow’s sheet isn’t static, meaning it can change if necessary! I just thought I’d give kinda the general vibe. I’m not gonna be super strict in terms of magic as long as your character isn’t extremely edgy or massively overpowered! :) )

Deleted user

(Gotcha! I'll keep that in mind :) And might I say, I really admire your template!! That's my kind of character sheet lol)

Deleted user

(Also, is it alright if my character has a similar magic ability? Involving communicating with ghosts? If not, I completely understand! I was just wondering)

@LovelyRose

(thank you! and hmm maybe? there are already a couple of characters that have ghost related abilities, but if you still wanna make that a feature then you can)