forum He's Fast, She's Weird (slightly MARVEL based sibling o/o) (Closed)
Started by @emilyevewrites group
tune

people_alt 58 followers

@emilyevewrites group

Farah rolled her eyes. The situation had caught her off guard, but she swore it wouldn't happen again. With a sinking feeling, she realized that if this man and his organization were to take advantage of the siblings and their powers, it would be entirely her fault. As much as she despised her brother at times, he was still her blood.

@emilyevewrites group

(Oh damn, I should probably do it since this is my rp lol)

"Here we are," the man said as the doors to the outside world shone natural light into the stairwell. "My car is just outside, waiting to take you both."

Farah's steps slowed down even more as they reached the bottom. But it wasn't to annoy her brother, and it wasn't because she was tired. She was afraid. However, years of practice taught her to mask well. The only indication of her nervousness was the occasional twitch of her right wrist.

@gracehustle

Eli was just happy to have reached the ground floor. It had been torture to walk behind his sister without speeding up at all. He didn’t even slow down when they reached the lobby. Seeing that his sister did, he stuck out a hand and grabbed hers, pulling her along so her slower pace didn’t make the man suspicious.

“Last chance about this Farah,” He whispered under his breath, squeezing her hand, “I can run us out of here in a second, but you have to tell me you want to go.”

@emilyevewrites group

Farah opened her mouth to protest at first, but then she allowed Eli to pull her along. "No," she murmured. "We need these powers. We just… We just have to stay alert, that's all."

A sleek black car positioned directly in front of them with the door to the backseat open. Farah found it both promising and nerve-racking at the same time.

@gracehustle

Eli wasn’t terribly happy that his sister was still set on this idea, but he wanted these powers as much as she did, so he didn’t argue with her.

Instead, he drew up the courage to enter the car first. There was no reason for it other than to show Farah things would be alright, but even then he wasn’t sure things were going to be.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah inhaled slowly to calm herself and slipped into the car behind Eli. The interior was dark to begin with, but Farah quickly noticed that the windows were also tinted, making the black of the seats seem endless. She folded her hands in her lap and clasped them together if only to keep them from shaking. She had felt confident when they made the deal, but now she wasn’t so sure…No, she told herself. You can’t be thinking like that.

@gracehustle

“Ready for this?” He asked, his voice noticeably void of all teasing or annoyance. It was a genuine question, and if anything, he almost sounded nervous. A strange thing for Eli, who usually was the one to hide his nerves and annoyance behind a carefully constructed layer of asshole-ness.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah looked over at Eli with wide eyes upon hearing the genuine emotion in his words. Her empathetic abilities allowed her to feel every ounce of nervousness he felt, and she took it in stride. “Of course,” she whispered with a fleeting smile.

@gracehustle

He smiled back briefly before dropping back down his wall of feelings, coming off as his usual self as the car started to drive. “By the way, just because we’re in here, doesn’t mean you’re getting out of owing me pizza. I’m expecting that.”

Eli leaned back on his seat, his leg bouncing almost comically fast as he tried to diffuse some of his desire for speed. There was a thin line he had to walk when traveling in cars. Most of the time it didn’t make sense for him to, if he could just run there in the same amount of time. But there were times he needed to, and he had to find creative ways to get his energy out other ways.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah rolled her eyes and shook her head with a faint smile. "You're lucky you have a fast metabolism. With all the pizza you eat, you'd be massive." She noted his bouncing leg and chuckled quietly. "Calm down," she remarked with a teasing sneer.

@gracehustle

“The perks of being the better sibling. Fast metabolism and a sister I can bribe into getting me food,” He replied teasingly. Eli didn’t completely stop his bouncing leg, but he slowed down, making a face at her, “I’m not doing it to be calm, I’m doing it so I can think about anything other than how much I need fo get out at run.” Eli crossed his arms and rolled his eyes, deciding he was going to ignore his sister for the next while.

@emilyevewrites group

"You are so not the better sibling," Farah shot back. With a smirk, her eyes turned silver-blue, and she projected a memory of pizza into Eli's head to make him even more hungry. "Two can play at this game, brother."

@gracehustle

He huffed and grit his teeth as she projected the image into his head, knowing it was from her just because she had only thought of one pizza, instead of multiple like he was sure he could eat. “You suck.” Eli crossed his arms and leaned back against his seat, scowling at her then at the car floor.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah smiled and scrunched her nose in return. "Love you." When Eli looked down at the car floor, Farah seized the opportunity to look out the window. Though it was tinted heavily, she could still look outside and see the people on the streets and other cars around them. What she would give to put her fist through this city.

@gracehustle

“You know, you never thanked me for the wonderful tornado I made today. Or the fact that I didn’t use it to level the building you were on after you didn’t answer,” Eli said, not looking over at Farah. “If we weren’t rudely interrupted it would’ve been enough to wreck at least a city block for quite a while.” He had just as much desire to make the city hurt as his sister did, though they both knew that the destruction they could cause was increased immensely when they worked together.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah rolled her eyes. "You were only able to make that tornado because I created the water pillar first," she shot back. Ever since birth, she and her brother had been treated as outcasts. Stains on the perfect fabric of society, and as much as she wanted to wreak havoc and destruction on every person who wronged her, she knew she couldn't do it without Eli. After a lingering moment of silence, she muttered under her breath, "Thank you."

@gracehustle

“I want to see you do damage with a pillar of water,” He teased, though he nodded in response to her thanks. Eli relied on his sister for her powers as much as she relied on his. They were a pair. Both determined to show the world just how bad they could really be since they had been treated like horrors their whole lives. It was only fair. An eye for an eye and all that.

@emilyevewrites group

"I could," Farah muttered back with a smirk. Suddenly, she gasped as the car made a sharp lefthand turn and came to a halting stop. She nearly smacked her nose on the seat in front of her, which would have caused her bloody nose to start again. Thankfully, she stopped herself in time. But as she was shaking the daze off, the door opened and gloomy light streamed into the car. Farah looked up to see the man from earlier with a sly grin on his features.

"Welcome, Dowlings," he purred, taking a step back so Farah and Eli could both exit through the door on Farah's side.

@gracehustle

Eli hadn't been expecting the turn, and unlike Farah, he wasn't lucky enough to stop himself from smacking his face on the seat in front of him. He groaned as the car stopped and he peeled his face from the headrest, rubbing his nose and checking if it was bleeding. Luckily, it wasn't. "That wasn't very nice," He grunted to the man as he opened the door. Eli swished his sister out before him, then stepped out on his own. Wherever they were, he didn't recognize too well.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah's shoes barely touched the pavement before Eli practically shoved her out of his way. She rose to her full height and took in the building before them. A large metal door seemed to be the only entrance on the ground level, and all the building's windows were tinted dark. The sight made Farah uneasy, so she used her powers to reach out emotionally and sense the man's feelings.

Seeing Farah's eyes glow with the use of her abilities, the man chuckled. "You're perfectly safe, I assure you. We're a very… covert operation."

@gracehustle

Eli looked over the building with nothing more than mild interest. He didn't seem to care if it was a bad building, all he wanted to do was get these powers the man had offered and leave, hopefully with his sister with him. Glancing over at Farah, he raised an eyebrow, seeing her eyes glow.

"Is there anything to eat inside?" He asked the man, glancing once more at the strange building. "If not…I'm going to need to make a quick stop at the nearest gas station."

The car ride itself had already increased his hunger, and he hadn't eaten after the water tornado, so without food soon, he was going to get grumpy. That, and he was going to have much less of his speed than he had when he had the energy to run that fast.

@emilyevewrites group

The man laughed easily. “Yes, there is food inside. Enough to keep up with a metabolism like yours too.”

Farah inhaled sharply, the glow from her eyes fading. “Are we going in or what?” she asked, looking pointedly at the man.

The humor dropped from his face, and in all seriousness, he gestured to the door. “After you.”

@gracehustle

Eli grinned happily at the mention that there was food inside and he headed towards the door, noting very well how much Farah didn't like the man that had brought them here. She was on edge around him, probably for good reason, but it didn't make sense to be unfriendly to the man who was promising them so much with their gifts.

"Let's go in, I'm hungry Farah," Eli cut in, reaching for the door's handle. He opened the door for his sister, smiling gently at her but dropping it when he looked at the man. It may have been rude to be unfrinedly to him, but he didn't like him if his sister didn't.