forum All my roleplays are dead please give me attention // closed oxo (I'll do more though)
Started by @Fraust
tune

people_alt 58 followers

@Fraust

"Weird…" Aiki then fell quiet so Farah could check their memory. She could see Aiki's parents before he had left for school that day, and Eiji, who looked similar to Aiki but with dark hair and different colored eyes. After that, they went through their classes and came up to a red haired boy about his height and started annoying him, which eventually caused him to yell something incoherent and touch Aiki, which sent them to this forest.

@emilyevewrites group

Farah let out a soft gasp as she left Aiki's mind and the memories entangled with hers for a brief moment before they dissipated. Her eyes opened and were their natural brown once more.

"Could you find anything?" Saul's voice asked from behind her.

"No," Farah replied evenly. She was getting increasingly more frustrated with the situation, and Saul could almost sense it.

@Fraust

Aiki shuddered a bit as Farah left his thoughts, shaking his head to clear the peculiar fuzzy feeling. Their ears felt like they were tingling as well. "Mmnh… yeah, I didn't expect you would find anything of significance, but it was worth checking anyway, I guess. And assuming you can see the stuff, you know what my family looks like now, so that's cool?" He shrugged a bit, not sure what to do to lighten the tension.

@emilyevewrites group

"Yes, I… I feel as if I met them," Farah replied slowly. Her mind was racing, trying to figure out a plan.

Saul gently touched Farah's shoulder. "Farah?"

"Hmm."

"Are you okay?"

"Thinking," she responded absently, looking behind Aiki out into the woods.

@Fraust

Aiki nodded a bit and leaned his head back against the tree beside him, looking tired. They honestly didn't really know what they could do to help; their memories turned out to be pretty useless, after all. "Mmmnh… they'll have to figure out some way to track me, I guess? I think there's gotta be someone in the school with the power to track someone off of one of their belongings or something…"

@emilyevewrites group

A serious look came over Saul's features, and he gripped Farah's shoulder suddenly.

Farah looked up at him in surprise. "Saul? What-"

"Rosalind," he interrupted her shortly.

Farah's eyes widened, and she felt a small bolt of panic strike her through the chest before she rose to her feet. "Oh," she whispered.

"She might be able to help," Saul added cautiously. "If she knows why we're late."

Farah tugged on the sleeve of her jacket, pulling it further down her wrist as she contemplated Saul's suggestion.

@Fraust

Aiki looked between the two of them, obviously entirely bewildered. He had no idea what— or who— they were talking about, after all. They hadn't exactly been in this random forest long enough to know a lot of people. "Huh? Who's Rosalind?" He asked after a bit, lifting their head from the side of the tree. "She some kinda witch or something? Uh… the nice kind, not the kind in movies?"

@emilyevewrites group

Farah's head jerked over to look at Aiki, almost as if in her terror, she forgot they were there. "No," she finally answered after taking a short moment to collect herself. "Rosalind is our battalion leader. My mentor," she added the last words under her breath.

"She's the one that sent us here," Saul added, taking the pressure off of Farah. "She used a gateway ring to send us into the First World, which is why we don't know where we are. She's the most powerful fairy in the Otherworld, so she might be able to help you get back to wherever it is you came from."

@Fraust

"Oh… okay." Aiki replied awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand. "Um… she just sent you here without really telling you where you were, what you need to do, or where you're expected to stay? She just sent you to some random woods with no instruction at all?" They asked, clearly bewildered. It made sense how he had gotten here without any such instructions, but he couldn't think of a real reason why some fancy fairy battalion leader would do that sort of thing.

@emilyevewrites group

"Well…" Farah replied, briefly exchanging a look with Saul. "There was threat breach, so that's why she sent us here. We were supposed to use the gateway to get back, but we… got lost while tracking the threat."

@Fraust

"Ah… what exactly is the threat?" Aiki asked, leaning back against the adjacent tree. "Maybe I could help with it when I'm feeling a little less awful. And what does the gateway look like? We might be able to find it."

@emilyevewrites group

"A Burned One," Saul answered slowly. "But we already killed it. The problem is, we can't leave it here in the First World, so we need to find the gateway Rosalind made to bring it back to the Otherworld."

"It was a shed or barn somewhere," Farah added. "Rosalind's gateway ring only makes gateways through doors."

@Fraust

Aiki sighed softly, trying to think. "Well, I guess we'll want to try and find a way out of these trees, then. There's not a lot of sheds or barns in the middle of forests. Where's the… the thing's body? Did you leave it somewhere if you need to bring it back?"

@emilyevewrites group

"It is in the middle of the forest," Farah corrected with a sigh. "Rosalind doesn't always put us in the most convenient places so long as it keeps the Otherworld a secret from the First World."

"But the Burned One is back this way," Saul jerked his thumb in the direction from where he'd approached only a few moments ago. "We tracked it down and killed it where it stood so it couldn't evade us again."

@Fraust

"Weird… I guess it's done abandoned barn, then. Maybe there was a farm out here years ago and it got overgrown." Aiki shrugged a bit and yawned, toying with his hair to try and pull out some of the tangles. "You just left the thing's body where it was?" They asked, confused. "Why wouldn't you just like… I dunno… drag it around with you? It's not like there's anyone here to see you doing it anyway."

@emilyevewrites group

"If it wasn't abandoned, there's no way we could have used it," Farah replied. "Rosalind takes great pains to keep the Otherworld hidden from the First World, no matter the cost. As for the Burned One, I put a vision veil around it, so no one can see it but me until I let the veil fall."

@Fraust

Aiki nodded a bit, humming softly. "Yeah, that makes sense I guess. What's the point of the veil if you don't know where the thing is, though?" He asked. "Or do you know where it is? If so, it might be easier to retrace your steps to the barn."

@Fraust

"Yeah, I know, but you started tracking the burned thing after you left the barn, right?" Aiki asked. "So, if we know where the thing is, it might be easier to try and find the barn from there."

@Fraust

Aiki shrugged a bit. "I mean, take everything I say with a grain of salt. While I'm obviously a genius, I'm not exactly an expert tracker, so don't blame me if it doesn't work."

@emilyevewrites group

Farah nodded and took a slow breath in. As she exhaled, her eyes turned silver-blue. Her gaze darted all around them before she locked in on something in the distance. "The Burned One is this way," she stated, striding off in its direction.

@Fraust

"Uh… okay. If you can do that to find stuff, why can't you use it to find the barn?" Aiki asked, staggering to his feet and doing his best to keep up with Farah and Saul. They still weren't in great condition, after all.

@emilyevewrites group

"I am able to track living or once living things," Farah replied, ducking under a branch as Saul and Aiki followed. Her eyes were still illuminated silver-blue, and as she glanced behind her briefly, she noted Aiki's slower pace. Consciously, she slowed her own steps slightly. "And I can see the veil. I didn't put a veil around the barn, which was my mistake."

@Fraust

"Mmnh… I guess that makes sense…" Aiki replied, trying to go as fast as he was able so he wouldn't be an inconvenience. "Maybe if you end up coming back here, you could put a veil on it so you don't lose it again." They laughed weakly as they followed. "How far away can you see with your powers? I don't know what all you can do."