forum All we have is Each Other // Small Group // Open
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 57 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

The colony on Adrasta is the newest colony established by earth. Adrasta is Mars-like, though its gravity is stronger than Mars', yet still weaker than Earth's. It is not large, perhaps 1,000 people. It is a mix of singles and families, and the age range is between infancy and about 68 years old; any older, and the physical work becomes too difficult to be done. Most people live in domes, connected to each other through tunnels, somce of which are aboveground, some of which are not. There are two "greenhouse" domes, where most of the food for the colony is grown. There are multiple living domes; no one has their own, but each unit has their own space. Singles typically have a roommate, and families are housed together. It is mostly peaceful, as everyone in the colony knows that too much conflict could be catastrophic in these early years. Everyone knows the story of the Typhon colony and what happened there (spoiler alert: nothing good).

Even so, there is still conflict every now and again. Every colony has ex-convicts, some of whom are good people and some of whom…aren't, and Adrasta is no exception to this. Some were given this chance as an opportunity to help rehabilitate them. Others signed up voluntarily. The vast majority of those in the colony, though, are law-abiding citizens whose worst crime is perhaps a traffic violation or two.

The colony has been around for about two years by now, and they've settled into a rhythm, a close community perfectly capable of running themselves. However, a few days after the New Year's Celebration, disaster strikes, and our characters must band together if they are to survive.

Basically a found family mystery RP? Romance is totally allowed, just discuss it beforehand. Romance between adults and minors is not permitted (obviously there's a difference between an 18 yr old and a 17 yr old and a 30 yr old and a 17 yr old. Just use common sense). Idk. I have some ~roles~ listed, but if you have a different idea put it forward and we'll discuss it. Ages listed by character descriptions are there so we don't end up with teens that are way too advanced lol. If you want your character to be younger than I've listed, put forward your reasoning and we'll discuss it. Honestly, if you have any questions/ideas, we can discuss them, I'm pretty open.

Type B biologist in charge of one of the greenhouses, kinda gives mad scientist vibes (adult, 20+): Me, @Icefire
Ex-convict given a second chance; if they mess up here, they're back in prison, maybe forever (adult, 20+):
Punk kid with something to prove and maybe some anger issues (teen, 15+): @GameMaster
Military officer sent with the colony to help keep the peace, definitely has secrets (adult, 20+): Me, @Icefire
Pilot that might be a bit of a flirt and likes to flout the rules just a little (adult, 18+):
The Good KidTM, who is very curious about everything and everyone around them; maybe a little too curious (teen, 15+): @SPAMTON-G-SPAMTON
The orphan for whom the biologist is a father figure, is very smart but sometimes gets in a bit of trouble (teen, 15+): @SPAMTON-G-SPAMTON

Rules:

• Andrew's Rules apply
  • Smut, if it happens, will not be happening in the main chat, and can be taken to PMs if both RPers involved wish to
  • Three sentences per reply minimum, please
  • Try to have good grammar/spelling; I understand not everyone is perfect all the time, but do try to do your best
  • I reserve the right to say no

Deleted user

Could I take either the Good KidTM or the Orphan? Also, your RP has oxo in the title babe, just thought you should know.

Deleted user

Preferably the Orphan btw, Idk I just like writing characters with missing/absent father figures getting new, better dads.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Preferably the Orphan btw, Idk I just like writing characters with missing/absent father figures getting new, better dads.

you can have both if you like!

@ElderGod-Icefire

Name: Gale Jonas Melnak
Nicknames:
Gender and Sexuality: AFAB transmasculine, he/him/they (usually he but sometimes they). Pan
Looks: Gale is 5'9" and a little on the heavier side. Not unhealthily so, but he's got that soft, not really muscular build. Does have a bit more curves than most guys. Has light brown hair that goes to about his chin in length. It is wavy and soft, and he often dyes some or all of it, so there are still traces of the dye in it. His eyes are a light golden brown, and there is a spray of freckles across his nose. He is white, and doesn't tan. He burns in the sun, and also freckles. Typically wears comfy and colorful clothes. When he does have to wear a uniform, he often leaves it unbuttoned over a white t-shirt, and doesn't really care about following the exact specifications of how the uniform is supposed to be.
Backstory: Gale's parents died in an accident when he was 10, and after that he bounced from foster home to foster home. As a result, they know what it's like to not have parents, and try to help people out when they can. He likes plants of any kind, and his greenhouse is a little disorganized and messy, with plants all over the place, leaves and vines draping down from balcony railings even though regulations state that it really…shouldn't be. He enjoys art as well.
Other: the botanist. Honestly just,,,, soft arty plant man, a sweetheart and I love him

Name: Aurelius Kasper Drake
Nicknames: Rel
Gender and Sexuality: cis man, he/him. Bi
Looks: Kinda like this. Rel is 6' tall, with a swimmer's body. He usually wears long sleeves, usually in the form of a mock neck sweater unless he's in uniform, in which case the uniform is a dark grey with a collar. His body is flecked with scars, with a long one arching across his entire face, from cheekbone to cheekbone and over his nose. Also has a smaller one on the left side of his chin. Other scars are scattered across his body. He has black hair, which is just a little longer than regulation standard typically requires it to be. His eyes are a dark grey, that look almost black in certain lighting. He is white, and rather pale due to lack of natural sunlight on Adrasta.
Backstory: Rel is one of the few survivors of the Typhon disaster; as he was a minor at the time, his name was not publicized and hasn't been since, so no one generally knows unless he tells them. He enrolled into the Galactic Protection and Peace-Keeping Force (GPPKF, or often further abbreviated to GPF) at the age of 18, and has risen through the ranks. Is currently a captain, on track to be promoted to the rank of major. (more will be revealed as we go along)
Other: the military officer

@GameMaster group

(Sua ran out to the gardens. She always read Ren’s letters in the gardens because that was the place that she felt closest to him. She tore through the parchment and quickly unfurled the letter. As she read, she tried to imagine the sprawling fields and flowers that she had never seen. The garden of course had flowers but they had become dull with familiarity. When Ren mentioned bringing her there, her heart raced. They had often talked about sneaking out for a day although but they both knew that if they left, they wouldn’t come back. With the next line, her heart sank a little. She loved her parents although they hardly talked. Leaving the palace also meant leaving them. She relished the last few lines, knowing that it would be a few days until another arrived, and even longer before he came back. She nearly missed the withered little flower at the bottom of the envelop. They were mostly dead but a few of the little yellow buds still bloomed.)