forum “ there's nothing left to say now.”
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 56 followers

@Fraust

"It's fine… u-um… I don't really have any specific plans today. I gotta go to work later, but I don't have anything until then." Corbin hesitated before coming over to the couch and sitting down to quietly eat his cereal.

Deleted user

Cyrus sat next to him, pruning his wings as he would every morning. “ okay, “ he said. Cyrus could fee his face hear every time he'd look at Corbin, “ I.. I'm going out for air. Try not to get hurt.” he mumbled and walked out the door for a few.

@Fraust

"Oh… um… alright." Corbin watched Cyrus go, seeming a bit confused. He eventually shrugged it off and finished his cereal, preening his own wings while he watched TV from the couch. He pulled a blanket over himself and huddled up in it.

Deleted user

Cyrus took a couple of breaths of the cold air, “ serious, calm and no friends. No feelings no attachments “ he mumbled his father's rules to himself. Eventually, he came back in, his stone-cold look back on his face.

@Fraust

Corbin looked up curious when Cyrus came back in, trilling softly. "Mm? Oh, you're back! Are you feeling alright?" He asked, folding his wings and huddling up a bit more to keep warm. "Are you hungry? I have cereal in the cupboard…"

Deleted user

“ I'm fine.. Don't usually eat in the mornings” he said sitting by Corbin “ and yes I'm good, just needed some air. I'm usually out flying by now,” he said looking up to the t.v

@Fraust

"Oh, okay…" Corbin yawned and rubbed at his eyes again as he settled down to watch TV. He had on some random baking show to pass time, and he was interested, but not especially invested. "If you wanna watch something else, we can. I don't mind."

Deleted user

“? This is fine.” he said looking over at corbin, his blue eyes watching him for a few seconds before looking back at the screen. Cyrus tapped his feet every now and then, waiting for something to happen. He was used to the quick and fighting schedule of the academy.

@Fraust

Corbin smiled softly and drew his knees up to his chest. "Sorry if this is boring for you… I don't lead an especially exciting life." He laughed weakly, fidgeting with the blanket. "I'll be heading to work at around 2:00, so…"

Deleted user

“ you shouldn't apologize so much, it makes you have a small demeanor. I figured with you being a crow you'd be happy and bouncy.” be said, looking back to corbin “ you said you work at 2? Let's go do something, it's pretty easy I promise.”

@Fraust

Corbin flushed a bit and looked away, toying with his hair. "Well, I… I dunno… I just don't wanna cause you any more trouble. I know you don't really wanna be here…" He sighed, nibbling nervously at his knuckles. He glanced up at Cyrus' last comment. "What do you wanna do?" He asked.

Deleted user

Cyrus gave a genuine smile “ one, something me and the cadets did and two, I never said I didn't wanna be by your side. I promise your no trouble to me,” he said getting up and holding out his hand, “ come on!” he said with a smile.

@Fraust

Corbin hesitated for a moment, but then took Cyrus' hand and followed him. "Alright… I guess I don't get to know what it is until we get there?" He asked with a nervous little laugh. He let his wings relax somewhat so he would be more comfortable.

Deleted user

“ nope, can you fly by any chance?” he asked, once they got outside he took flight, waiting for corbin “ if you can't I'll carry you, “ he said being quite kind to corbin.

@Fraust

"Yeah, I can fly…" Corbin took a moment to build himself up, but then took flight as well. His flight was a bit more clumsy than Cyrus', for sure, but then again, he hadn't had nearly as much time as most avians to get skilled at it.

Deleted user

Cyrus couldn't help but laugh a little “ so not the greatest flyer,” he said “ follow me corbin!” he said flying off at a slower pace, he was taking him to a training field he himself practiced at.

@Fraust

Corbin flushed a bit in embarrassment and laughed weakly as he followed along behind Cyrus. He liked flying, sure, but he was clearly a bit unfamiliar with it.

Deleted user

Cyrus seemed to notice this and fell back a bit. He took Corbin's hand to steady him. “ keep your wings in time when you flap, it will keep you level and on a straight path.” he spoke up.

@Fraust

Corbin tried his best to follow the instructions, faltering in the air before his flight smoothed out a bit. He held his arms out for balance, seeming nervous every time he wavered. "S-Sorry…"

Deleted user

“ no, it's okay keep trying, you'll get it,” he said sweetly “ trust me, I'll catch you if you fall,” he said. Cyrus kept his hand in Corbin's, making sure the poor boy didn't end up on his back. Only certain breeds, for instance, hummingbirds and some parrots could fly backward or flip themselves over after being thrown on their backs. Since he didn't know exactly what breed corbin was he wanted to keep him upright and flying.

@Fraust

Corbin held tightly to Cyrus' hand, flapping his wings and continuing to move forward as well as he could. "I couldn't fly as a kid since my wings were delayed in growing, s-so… um… I'm a little behind…"

Deleted user

“ I can tell, I'll help as much as I can but I'm An trained flyer so I have no idea where your level is” he explained.

@Fraust

"I don't really know either… my dad is kinda in the same boat. He crushed his wings when he was a kid, so he couldn't fly at all until my papa fixed his wings. From what I heard, that was… a pretty painful procedure." Corbin sighed and wobbled again, tightening his grip on Cyrus.

Deleted user

Cyrus looked at his when he tighter his grip “ almost there..” he said and listened to his story “ my dad got his wings shot, now he just does groundwork.”

@Fraust

"Yeah, that's what happened to my dad. Shot down by a duck hunter. Then they banished him when he was eight because he wasn't… wasn't useful anymore." Corbin was tilting a bit as he flew, growing more nervous as he struggled to correct himself.