forum overthinkers assemble
Started by @catnap group
tune

people_alt 60 followers

@catnap group

i overthink literally everything i do, i think the fact that i sat here for five minutes thinking of what to title this only to end up with this title im still not happy with says something
ALSO THE FACT IVE REWRITTEN THIS PARAGRAPH THREE TIMES NOW

@Fenris-Wolf group

Well haven't I just found the perfect chat for myself? I do the exact same things. I'll reread my post a few times before posting it, editing it several times cause I think maybe someone might find me annoying for the way I write, and checking back on it in a couple hours just to make sure I didn't offend anyone or say something stupid. I also think maybe I talk too much in one post and it's going to clog up the chat. May I just say, it's a delightful process that I must endure everytime I try to post.

@Fenris-Wolf group

I think we're so good at blending in with the crowd it's so hard to find other over thinkers. Like we over think about overthinking and it ends up with us being too anxious to do anything and we just kind of "follow the leader" in a way not to stand out. At least in my experience, haha.

@Fenris-Wolf group

Yes. Exactly. Gotta keep up that socially acceptable outward appearance of, "I've got everything under control," meanwhile internally dying about how you could screw things up.

Deleted user

Why did I use two different ( now 3 different) posts for this (that?)? ahhhhhh

@catnap group

does anyone make plans for almost everything? like ill make a plan for something as simple as asking a teacher for the hall pass, like when the right moment will be to ask, what to do if someone else asks for it first, etc. just to make sure im prepared and dont make a fool of myself or something

@Fenris-Wolf group

Oh, same here. I have to rehearse conversations. I have to prepare myself other topics to talk about to in case the conversation dies too. But most of the time, I forget the topics I came up with. Curse my brain for not having good memory skills.

@Relsey

Oh but the pay off is so good when something happens and your overthinking is useful.
One time we got lost while hiking and I whipped out my phone and the screen shot I took on the compass app of the exact place the car was and then used said compass app to get back to that point, oh yeah, good day.