forum Pls tell me someone plays Sky: Children of the light
Started by @catnap group
tune

people_alt 54 followers

@catnap group

I might as well introduce the game since i doubt many people know of it, so here's an introduction i guess?

Sky is a free mobile game, available on ios and android (i think.) It's also available on the nintendo switch. Its an open world, online game with seven huge realms to explore. You can find "spirits," level up, and even meet other players. Sky has a large variety of ways to interact with other players, such as friending them and unlocking friend interactions with them (such as being able to hold hands, high five, hug, and much more) by using the game's in game currency (which is called "candles"). You can also chat with players, either by friending them and eventually unlocking the chat option, giving a friend you already know a qr code (which will automatically friend that person and have chat already unlocked since this function of the game is usually to add people you know either irl or from other platforms), or by using one of the many chat benches where any player (whether you are friends or not) can sit and chat (as long as you are sitting on the bench).

While the social aspect is one of the best aspects of the game in my opinion, the other aspects of the game are really good too. There is a great calm soundtrack with peaceful ambience, a nice story through the game, and there are even ways to customize the avatar you play as. There are lots of fun customization options you can unlock by going through the game and finding spirits. Every player ive met in game has always been so nice and helpful lol so i like the community as well

Im pretty bad at explaining things but I tried haha, you can find a lot more by just searching up the game if youre interested. I recommend playing it, im addicted -. Anyways its free (besides the extra stuff you can buy in the game, any in game purchases are just extra things if you want them, theyre not needed) do i recommend trying it out and if you dont like it you can always delete :D

@StarryWolfy flash_onCrazy Procrastinator

Confirming, it is available on Android.
Side note, as an open world RPG it is fairly small if you are to compare it to others like Hades (switch) or World of Warcraft (PC) or Minecraft, Or Terraria…(to name a few) But it is beautifully done.
I would compare it to Animal crossing in terms of relaxing and friendly, though it is an ENTIRELY different style of game.
The game actually does focus less on gameplay and more on social and cosmetics, every few weeks there's a new season with new emotes you can use to interact with people and new cosmetics you can use to express yourself.
Over time of course you can become a stronger "moth", but really all this helps to do is make it easier to guide other moths (players) around and generally have fun interacting with peeps from around the world.
When playing of course, you cannot initially that with people, unless you've spent candles on you friendship tree or have friended using a QR code. This is where emotes come in to the game, and why I say it's more social based.
Also, all the Spirits have these cute little stories to go with the emotes, and there's quite a few hidden out of bounds zones within the game to try and find.
On top of that, there is also some vague lore to the world as well, enough that there's a whole section of the Sky fandom dedicated to puzzling out the lore… There is also an official discord Server too and last I checked there's like, 5 threads dedicated to lore?

@StarryWolfy flash_onCrazy Procrastinator

But there is one downfall to Sky, while it is free, it does not work on older phones/tablets. So you have to have something relatively recent, (or the switch) to play.

@catnap group

Ah I'm glad others know about it! :D I didn't really know about needing more recent devices to play since I already use a somewhat new iphone, but yeah that's definitely a bummer for people who may have older devices. Also, Im personally not too interested in the lore but I know there are others who are pretty into it. I'm in the official discord server too and a lot of people use it to find ''live groups'' to play with, which is where QR codes come in handy since you can easily friend the people you meet using discord.
Its true the game revolves more around the social parts of the game rather than the gameplay/story, so it might not be the best recommendation for people who look for that in a game. It is a beautiful game though in terms of graphics and sound, I've noticed a lot of players who like to open the game and then go AFK with friends since its super peaceful haha