forum H e l p m e
Started by @Pizzaz11 group
tune

people_alt 57 followers

@Pizzaz11 group

Basically what I have so far with this plot is that its somewhere far in the future, earth has died and people have traveled to the moon and mars to save themselves. In this world, the moon is the same size but is like a mini mini mini earth, and mars is, yet again, another earth which means that people can live on it. Mars is already home to a whole host of different alien species. On the moon is a huge lab complex that's hidden away from the public where people are tested on. Basically these two people escape from moonstone labs after it get destroyed and hitch a ride to Mars, andddddd..

That's kinda all

Like, I've spent time on the two main characters and fleshed them out, but I'm stuck with what to do next. If you want anything to work with, there is a scientist that survived moonstone labs and are trying to find the main characters, for what? I don't know, to bring them back? To what? Maybe there's a bigger lab complex on mars?

@just_gabs_needs_coffee group

hmmm……
well first off, that sounds FREAKING AWESOME I love that idea :)
what are the tests that they do on people? maybe one went wrong and the characters that escaped are now somehow a danger to other people (like maybe a sickness or something, idk).
Maybe the scientist knows something that will help the escaped characters and is trying to find them so they can help?
I don't really know where you want to go with this, but it seems like a really great idea! You got this!

@Pizzaz11 group

The tests being done on them are basically, trying to alter human DNA to make them stronger. Basically like supersoldiers. That's what's going on with one of the main characters. The second main character is different, because the labs took a different direction with the second. He was actually born an alien and is kindof unpredictable and violent, but doesn't want to hurt anyone. But the labs wanted to amplify his violent traits to make him, again, stronger and more of a weapon to them. On the topics of weapons, I haven't up my mind if the thing that the experiments would be used against would be on one of the already existing planets, or maybe another enemy? Maybe both of the labs are targeting another planet that's completely non-confrontational, but they want to take over the planet? IDK

(Also you saying that what I have so far is awesome just gave me a huge boost of self-esteem, tysm-)

Amber group

So really your problem is that you dont have any conflict to drive your plot right? A great place to start is to decide what your main character wants, then put blocks in front of them to stop them from achieving their goals.

@Pizzaz11 group

Mostly. What both of the characters basically want is to see their families again, so now I'm leaning into the direction of both of their families are taken away? Or the main characters are taken away before they can get to their families?

Amber group

Also ill pitch you an idea, just incase you like some aspects of it:
So your two main characters escape to mars from moonstone labs right? What if the government for the moon and mars is the same. But maybe the people on mars are more rich, and moon is more poor. The mars goverment is also like a dictatorship, but the people dont realise it. So basically the two main characters escape and are trying to warn the public about the tests on the moon. But the goverment dosent want the mars people to know about the moon testing. The mars government basically wants to create the sense of a utopia for the people. Maybe the government wants to keep it hidden because of plans to attack another planet? (As you mentioned earlier) So now the surviving scientist comes into play, but the scientist is working with the government to kill the main characters. The scientist wants to kill them since the testing was supposed to be a secret.
Okay thats my idea. Let me know which parts you did or didnt like!
-Amber

@Pizzaz11 group

Also ill pitch you an idea, just incase you like some aspects of it:
So your two main characters escape to mars from moonstone labs right? What if the government for the moon and mars is the same. But maybe the people on mars are more rich, and moon is more poor. The mars goverment is also like a dictatorship, but the people dont realise it. So basically the two main characters escape and are trying to warn the public about the tests on the moon. But the goverment dosent want the mars people to know about the moon testing. The mars government basically wants to create the sense of a utopia for the people. Maybe the government wants to keep it hidden because of plans to attack another planet? (As you mentioned earlier) So now the surviving scientist comes into play, but the scientist is working with the government to kill the main characters. The scientist wants to kill them since the testing was supposed to be a secret.
Okay thats my idea. Let me know which parts you did or didnt like!
-Amber

:0 I like all of that! Sounds like a bunch of material to work with! Thanks so much

@Pizzaz11 group

Also, one more thing, since the earth is a really important part of the story, Im not sure if I want to make it into a plot point or not. Its possible that the earth could still have people on it, since of course, they couldn't really take in everyone? Or, the people left behind are already dead, but something else has emerged on earth that could be a potential threat? Idk, but thanks for your help so far!