forum critique my character
Started by @moss
tune

people_alt 57 followers

Deleted user

Generally solid basis, reads like somebody that I could have actually met back in my school days.

When thinking about character development though, I mostly wonder 1. if they will change their personality or worldview during the story, and/or 2. what they add to plot, character relationship dynamics, or the mood/aesthetic of the story.

That's for general feedback, when it comes to details—If his favorite color is indigo, why would his hair be green? (Only curiosity about that tiny detail.)

@moss

Thank you!
And his hair's green because it looks like a monster can and I think it looks cool
also my other character has red hair and their personality is the opposite of Nick so it would be complementary colors

@NotSoBeautifulDiseaster group

For the most part, Nick sounds like a very developed and realistic character. Most of his tic seem real and his depression seems to be handled tastefully. I would like to know more about his parent and why they put such high expectation on him in the first place

@moss

ok tbh Nick is one of the characters that I put a lot of my experiences into and idk why parents expect so much dude they're just like that ig
like i would say they want the "best" for their kid but at the same time they don't realize how toxic they're being