forum EVIL JOBS
Started by @misery
tune

people_alt 72 followers

@misery

kind of a silly question, but i'm having trouble figuring out an antagonist's day job. so what's an "evil" profession?

i'd say dentistry is the most evil. causing people pain in some of the most sensitive parts of their body for a living? yikes.

@requiemisback language

i agree with dentistry. that, or maybe a profession involving surgery. your antag could be like,,, intentionally harming/killing their patients, who depend on them to improve.

here's something from an article i read talking about medical malpractice:

"Recent studies of medical errors have estimated errors may account for as many as 251,000 deaths annually in the United States (U.S)., making medical errors the third leading cause of death."

source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28186008/#:~:text=Recent%20studies%20of%20medical%20errors,third%20leading%20cause%20of%20death.

@maglo-the-stressed-person language

Depends? I've got a Advisor, a Gladiator, as a few of my villians jobs, but most of them just do all of their evil all the time. Aka, I have a Undead Dragonborn lich, and he does that 24/7. Course, most of my worlds tend to be pure fantasy, so it depends on the specifics of the setting you're going for.