forum Man Eating Moss
Started by @tungsten fastfood
tune

people_alt 51 followers

@tungsten fastfood

Heyo it’s Emi!

I owe a lot of people RPs so I’m giving yall that chance to RP with my slow, rusty ass self.

I’m hoping to RP with someone I’m familiar with so yall should know my rules. I’m down for anything but I particularly love romances and I’m craving to use my mind reading boys depending on what you want.

vibes dude :3

I have the right to say no, by the way. :)

Deleted user

Hi so I don't believe we've met but I am looking to get back into the roleplaying scene, if you don't want me to join I respect that but if nobody else responds, mind reading boys sounds very neat!

Deleted user

Cool! I have many characters but currently the one I am working on is a fanfic, could I modify an OC from that depending on what genre we choose? I get if not, but like, I love her, she is a Whole Child and needs some loving and appreciating. I also have a traumatized war criminal trying to change his ways if that doesn't work.

Deleted user

Okay and forgive me if I'm naive but as I don't really know you I don't know what sorts of rules you'll have, any chance you could just give me a basic rundown of your do's and don't's so I can avoid ruining this? I think you're pretty cool too, so I would enjoy making this RP last for at least a few months or something. Mostly what I want to know is, Mature content or no, post length expectations, triggers, hard limits on content, swearing/violence/gore/body horror or no to any of those, your stance on diversity in our writing, stuff like that.

Deleted user

There is more we could cover but like, I don't know, those are my basics.

@tungsten fastfood

I usually go with long term-RPs because I really love and use the charries I use often. They’ve been my lovely OCs for years.

Mature content is a yes, (keep in mind I am almost eighteen, so let that determine what you would like to do. I write smut but haven’t in a hot minute. Smut and anything 15+ will go to PM).
Hard restrictions on r-pe and sexual assault. It is an extremely triggering topic for me.
Abuse MAY be mentioned but not written out. It is mentioned and the aftereffects on his mental health is actually present in one of my boys’ history.
Swearing, violence and general body gore is fine. I’ve written about worse.
Post length is going to be very messy, so it’s hard to say what I want. My expectation for myself is usually more than three paragraphs of information. I liked it when my partners matched or exceeded, and I myself usually do exceed three. so honestly, just no one/two/three liners. I find it exceptionally hard to answer after that.
My writing is usually in third-person. I will imitate thought with asterisks with the correct lead into the thoughts (does that make sense?) if I do happen to use thoughts. My sentence structure will usually look like this:

“However, it was silent in the huge castle in which he resided. He lived with his brother, who was the upcoming king, but there was an issue. Soon, ‘upcoming’ could become ‘current’. Met knew, just based on pure instinct (and rumors he overheard), that his twin was planning on killing his husband.

Neo had caught on. Definitely. Neo was planning on doing something to stop him, any day now. The second Met woke from a sleepless night, he knew something about today was wrong. His twin was going to take the final step and get rid of the mole who knew too much.”

(a small excerpt from a bigger response btw)

I like to think my writing has personality so I like to play with it a lot, usually it’s pretty unclear so feel free to ask me to rewrite or play around with what I’m trying to get across.

I would prefer you use third such as I do to help the flow of reading, but honestly, do whatever you’d like!

I think I hit everything? I can’t think of anything else. Also, there is no restriction on type of character or time. I also have no ideas for a plot lmao

Deleted user

Okay! Well, my posts tend to be a lot shorter, so this is probably going to be fun but I also may take up to a week to reply because I have very bad writer brain. I'll try for around 3-4 paragraphs, but I find writing more paragraphs easier when I have multiple characters to work with so I may bring in background characters every so often. Anyways, how about you tell me about your characters and I can maybe help figure out a plot for us?

Deleted user

Well, I usually use character sheets so if you have one on hand that would be great!

@tungsten fastfood

aha here we are!

Name: Neophyte “Neo” Whembrooke
Sex/uality: He/Him, Homosexual
Height: 6’5
Weight: 189-195 
Hair: Short, sleek and inky black hair. From afar it looks really gross, but it’s quite soft and well taken care of.
Eyes: Sharp almond shape, icy blue eyes. 
Complexion and skin tone: High cheekbones and a strong, defined jaw with almost impossibly clear, fair skin. 
Character’s body build: Muscular and well-toned
General Personality/Stereotypes: God Complex friend. Thinks he knows everything and is generally an asshole. Well, he does know everything because he’s a mind reader, but no one needs to know that. He hasn’t exactly let things get to his head, for he finds it hard to have thoughts for his own. Despite this, he is extremely confident in himself and bases decisions based on what he wants.
Hobbies: Runs fairly often and keeps himself in shape, designs clothing and enjoys interior design.
Background: Was in the modeling business since he was fifteen, and was defined by his looks over his intelligence. Has an associate’s in business but has a fashion company that he started after his career in modeling. Both twins grew up in a rich home, but later moved out to live on their own away from their parents to pursue what they wanted (I’ll flesh out Neo as we go along; he’s easier to do DURING the RP).
Other: Does NOT like his twin, Met (see why in Met’s background).

Name: Metaphorical “Met” Whembrooke
Sex/uality: He/Him, Questioning/curious
Height: 6’5
Weight: 132 
Hair: Black, exceptionally long hair that is usually strung up or hanging limp on his head. When washed properly, it is quite curly; however it is rarely washed. 
Eyes: Same icy, almond eyes as Neo. The only distinguishing trait between the pair due to size differences and hair. 
Complexion and skin tone: Sallow complexion due to malnutrition and stress. Heavy stress lines and pale, almost sagged skin. 
Character’s body build: Skinny, almost stick-like.
General Personality/Stereotypes: That one friend who says they’re fine but you KNOW they’re not. Token Quiet Kid. Uncomfortable around a lot of people, but had to get over it due to his job. Mentally ill for years of his life, being medicated for depression and anxiety, often just skips them. Little concern for his own well-being, but cares deeply for others. He’s also very soft.
Background: In college it was alleged he was abusing his girlfriend after she came forward about it. He was constantly busy, it was constantly stressful for Met, so he was unable to combat the allegations. The opposite was actually what was going on. His ex-girlfriend was the one abusing him financially and physically, often leaving him too exhausted to work. This allegations against Met stacked up so much that his twin, the only semblance of family he had, abandoned him to keep his image. Around this time the abuse got worse and Met’s morale dropped significantly in his work.
[I will not tell what happens after, it is for during the RP ^^]
Currently works as a private detective. His work is currently his entire life. Neophyte is still not back in his life and Met refuses to talk about it.
Hobbies: Loves making music, plays piano, often does art, and drinking wine is his passion.
Other: Favorite band is Queen, and he loves lattes.

sorry if it’s like

bad

lmao

My characters are better in my writing

Deleted user

I love them both! Poor Met, I understand where he's coming from, I'm no longer that much of a mess but I am now trying to be taking night classes so I can get a better job than burger flipping and it is distress from the applications alone. So, I could possibly use that modified OC, is it okay if she has more fantastical origins? Because I kind of need that to explain why she has no soul and therefore can't really be "read" aka just… generally magically modified, she doesn't have a soul so something else is holding her body together, specifically eldritch forces and company because I am that damn predictable. Anyways, it could be modern-day, Metaphorical maybe finds her and decides "oh lord it's a whole CHILD" and possibly he can't go to/can't trust the police, for whatever reason, so he decides to finally get back in contact with his brother and blah blah blah some combination of original family reconciliation and found family, very big Vibes for me. And then maybe, apocalypse shenanigans, because I am again that damn predictable. Specifically a necromancy/standard Eldritch Deity Following cult trying to get this character to start the apocalypse. Idk I just think it could be fun. I'm sorry if my ideas are so bad I'm just trying to find a way for our stories to mesh together.

@tungsten fastfood

Woah the apocalypse vibes is something I haven’t done with these two yet

However I’d rather it be after Met’s college years? Hence me not being positive about his age. But I honestly love the lack of soul thing so her mind can’t be read, and I definitely think we can do the “oh shit the world’s gonna go to hell if we don’t get this sorted out” with the cult thing. I think it’d be sick as hell if the twins’ parents were involved with it.
But I’m kinda predictable in the way that I like romance but I don’t think a husk with no soul can fall in love?

Deleted user

We she is also a child so I'd rather not (although she can experience love and emotions, she just doesn't have a soul holding her together so it makes things complicated), but her creator, Pandora, would probably be fine with romance, he falls in love very easily and thinks,,, like,,, men. All the time. Just, like, BEHOLD! I have a crush! sort of a deal. Also, I was thinking it would be when Met was a detective so definitely after college years. Pandora can fall in love with either of the twins by the way, I don't have a preference. Also, I'd be fine if their parents got involved! I don't know anything about them but they're probably either really cool or really dysfunctional, or both. Idk.

@tungsten fastfood

Well Neo is a homosexual so he might just vibe for drama and extra plot. I want him to be one of the main characters but it’ll be hard at first, admittedly.
Also I didn’t pick up on the fact that she was a child, so Met falling in love with a Goddess would be very funny. He’s not so prone to falling in love bc of his college years BUT he is a guy as you said so 👀
Awesome! Their parents are pretty cool bc they also have some semblance of mind reading (it’s in the family) but they’re obviously sort of a mess bc they’re getting involved with a cult.

Yeah I’m chill with this idea! We can always throw other things at it if we get bored.

Deleted user

Yeah. Wait are you calling Pandora a goddess? Because he really isn't, he's kinda just a messy college dropout who got involved with the dark arts of raising the dead. Necromancy son. I may be misreading your writing but idk I just,,, I'm bad at reading so forgive me.

Deleted user

Anyways, I will make a template to introduce you to my characters, and we'll see what we want to do from that maybe?

Deleted user

I'll probably just use a template of my own making that covers all the same bases as yours if that's okay?