forum See The Sun // OxO // CLOSED
Started by @Fraust
tune

people_alt 54 followers

@Fraust

Hello! So basically I'm weak and my roleplays are either slow or dead, so I'm making another!
The premise of this is that I have a prince character who is albino and has a terrible immune system, so he's not really allowed to go outside. Your character will either be a guard assigned to stay near him or another young servant he's friends with. (Technically you could also be an ordinary kid or something, but it would be harder to play out the first portion of the roleplay, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you wanted to switch to a different character at some point or something)

Here's the Rules:

• Not first come first serve! I have the right to deny anyone for any reason (although I usually won't, if I do it's probably because our writing styles don't mesh well)
  • I don't care how long your responses are, but preferably more than a one liner? Detailed one liners okay but please give me something to work with. Usually my favorite length is around one paragraph (I can't keep up with several paragraph replies qwq)
  • Please be literate! Occasional slip ups are totally fine, but please try to have correct grammar and spelling most of the time
  • LGBTQ+ characters are loved and respected <3
  • Don't be rude >:0
  • Swearing is perfectly fine, but no slurs of any kind!
  • OP characters are banned >:0
  • If you have questions, ask! Just make sure you put things in parentheses if the roleplay has started :>
  • Please be active!!! Not forcing you to reply several times a day (although it would be nice lol), but please reply at least once a day or let me know if you will be unable to! I'm pretty understanding, but I'll usually bump after a day or two depending on whether or not I see you active in other forums or generally online
  • Uhhh I can add to the list if I think of things

And here's a picture of my baby! (Nyctos, he'll be about twelve or thirteen in this)

Deleted user

Ooh, I have the perfect character for this. He's a witch in training trying to hide his powers out of fear of persecution, and in my story works as a stable boy but also just does odd jobs around the castle when needed. May I join? I have other characters too if you don't like him, he's just my first idea for this.

@Fraust

Alrighty!
So you can see Nyctos's picture up above for appearance lol
He's 12 years old, ~95 pounds, and ~5'0 tall
Really wants to adventure but can't because of the immune system thing
Will probably ask you to help him escape
Physically weak, but knows an absurd amount about the kingdom's history and has seen lots of maps of the surrounding land
Has no magic currently, but has the capacity to learn (there are magic users in his bloodline)
Not much common sense, seems to find all the best ways to put himself in danger adfhkl
Just wants to have fun like any other kid his age
Generally goes by Nyck because Nyctos is kinda extra

Deleted user

Alright, here's me boy!

Alejandro, Al for short
He's 13, 14 in two months, and he's about 4'10", very short for his age. A little bit chubby, but strong underneath that and is capable of lifting a colt or a keg of beer if needed, it's just a bit strenuous.
Dark blonde hair, almost brown, and grey eyes that reflect the colors around him and the colors of what he wears. A small, rounded nose, and freckles as far as the eye can see.
Al is a very skilled witch for his age, constantly studying in his free time and pulling all nighters whenever possible. Witches need less sleep than humans, so he doesn't get too tired until like twelve nights, then he has to crash.
Very tired and stressed all the time, and a bit too mature for his age. He's a witch, so he helps people around town when he can and has done work as an animal doctor so knows a lot more about animals than most would. He wants to work with the community more, the stable hand job is just to get him money until he can start making and selling medicine for people properly.
Witches travel a lot, and travel in covens, but you aren't allowed to join a coven until you're 14 and that makes Al sad, but he'll at least be able to join one soon!

@Fraust

Ooh, love him!
How should we start? I can write the starter if you'd like, but we should probably decide a specific situation to put them in aha

Deleted user

Uh, maybe your kiddo is sneaking out to the stables because they are friends and he just needs someone to talk to that will listen? Idk.

@Fraust

They never let me do anything! I'll go see it for myself and they can't stop me. Nyctos huffed indignantly to himself as he ran through the halls, tears stinging his eyes. His room was on the second level, which wasn't great, but he didn't care. He hooked his thin fingers under the window and heaved it open, panting softly when he managed it. After checking to make sure no one was coming, he swung his legs out the window and tried to slide down the wall as carefully as he could, although he ended up scraping up his palms pretty badly in the process. He hissed in pain, watching droplets of blood beading on his palms for a few moments before he continued running. Alejandro would listen to him, right? He figured the other boy must be in the stables as usual, so he snuck in the back and started looking for him. "Al?" He called out softly in case anyone else was around.

Deleted user

Alejandro was busy polishing a saddle, but he got up anyways to see Nyck, he wanted to see his friend so badly. It had been weeks since he'd been allowed up to the castle, mostly because he was needed more down here to help take care of the new foal, and take care of ordering supplies since his master was too drunk and too uncaring to do it himself. He and the other stable hands were sick of their treatment, but they did what had to be done. Al couldn't wait to show Nyck the new colt, too, it was weak but he'd convinced his master to let him keep the poor thing and raise it as his own, and it was growing up into a strong young stallion very quickly. "Nyck? Are you sure you're supposed to be out here?" he said, knowing that Nyck probably wasn't.

@Fraust

"I'm not supposed to…" Nyctos came closer to Alejandro, obviously still frustrated and upset. "I asked them if I could go out past the gardens for once in my life and they got mad at me. They said that I 'should know the rules by now' and seemed really angry that I would even want to go out once in a while…" He crossed his arms and sat down on the stable floor. "So I climbed out the window in my room. Busted up my hands…" He looked down at his bloodied hands and sighed shakily. "I-I feel like I'm not really asking for all that much, you know? I've never even seen the town I live in other than the drawings in the books I read all the time. It's not fair!"

Deleted user

"I see. Can you show me your hands? I have something that might help." Al said, taking a small bottle of salve out of his ratty coat's pocket. He gently moved to take Nyck's hands into his, hoping the boy would allow him to help. It was like horses, really, you tried your best to make them feel safe and not startle or anger them.

@Fraust

Nyctos hesitated before allowing Alejandro to take his hands. "Will it hurt?" He asked, trying to keep the persistent hint of fear out of his voice as he asked. He got little scrapes pretty often, and the rubbing alcohol the medics gave him always stung like hell, and he hated the smell of it too. He didn't often try to escape, but he was definitely a bit rougher than he should be when he was allowed to go out into the secluded gardens. Alejandro was really the only other person in the whole castle that he could talk to without being worried that his parents would find out.

Deleted user

Al shook his head in a motion that indicated that no, it wouldn't hurt. "It's flowers, mostly. And some spearweed, which smells nicer than it sounds, a bit like blueberry juice if you ask me." he said, rubbing some of the oily salve onto the wounds carefully. "It also disinfects the wound pretty nicely. Hopefully that immune system of yours won't react too badly to it. Speaking of, we should talk outside, a dirty stable is no place for someone who gets sick as easily as you." he said, taking Nyctos by the hand and leading him out into the fresh open air. "Let that sit on your hands for a bit, and talk to me. What's wrong?"

@Fraust

"Okay…" Nyctos quietly watched as his friend put the salve on his hands, wincing a bit even though it didn't hurt too badly. He glanced around the stable at Alejandro's comment and nodded, compliantly tailing him outside. "I just… I-I know they just want to protect me, but they don't let me do anything…" He sighed and looked away, shifting uncomfortably. "They're acting like I'm gonna die if I ever go outside. Like, yeah, I might get sick, but… you gotta weigh the risks. They can't just keep me cooped up all the time. I'm twelve years old and I can bet that 90% of the people in the town at least don't know what I look like, and some who don't know I exist at all. My parents are keeping everything hushed up so that even the people who do know I exist don't know why I've never been out…"

Deleted user

Alejandro sighed. "Nyck, you get sick so easily. I can only do so much for you, too, I mostly work with animals and I've only ever done human medical work as a midwife's assistant. I worry, you know? But I also respect you, and your feelings are important to me. If there is anything I can do to help, you can tell me." he said, sitting down on the grass outside, thinned by people walking over it to the stables so often.

@Fraust

Nyctos sat down near Alejandro and drew his knees up to his chest, his eyes shining a bit with tears. "Nobody is even allowed to touch me…" He whispered weakly. "And everything is so formal there anyway. I-I just…" He was quiet for a moment, his cheeks flushing lightly with embarrassment. "You putting the stuff on my hands is the first time anyone's touched me in ages. And I just… it sounds really stupid, but… I like being touched sometimes, you know? I-I'm not allowed to hug anybody or anything…" He fidgeted nervously with his hands. "And I'm not even allowed to have like, a pet or something to keep me company because they 'might carry diseases'."

Deleted user

Al gave a soft "oh dear" and moved to wrap his arms around the boy. "Don't worry about them. If you need someone, you can come to me at any time. Think of me as an older brother, here to protect you, you know?" he did have siblings, but he wasn't nearly as close with them as he was with Nyctos, especially since they'd condemned him for becoming a witch. "Hey, speaking of pets! Wanna see the new colt? He's growing up quite well under my watch, and I was wondering if you could help me name him!"

@Fraust

Nyck was taken aback by the hug at first, but after he processed what was happening, he hugged Alejandro tightly in return. He didn't know when he'd be able to do this again, so he figured he'd have to make the most of it now. He nodded a bit as the older boy spoke. He knew he could trust Al. He glanced up when his friend mentioned the colt and hesitated before nodding, although he knew getting up meant that he'd have to let go. "Y-Yeah, sure…"

Deleted user

"Maybe you can even help me take care of him. He's a beauty, the softest, darkest fur you've ever seen, and eyes that glitter like stars. He has a mean streak too, he'll bite anyone who acts like a prick, except me of course. He's gotten so strong, he can even pull a small cart now, with a person under a hundred fifty pounds, give or take a few. I think he's amazing, but I couldn't find a name that suited him and the other lads were no help." Al began to ramble on about his horse, how amazing the little thing was and how fast he could run.

@Fraust

Nyck smiled softly as he listened, nodding when necessary and pretty much just allowing Al to ramble on. "He sounds pretty cool. How long ago was he born?" He asked when there was a long enough pause to do so. "Maybe we could name him Erebus or Nyx… they were deities of night and darkness and stuff, so it would fit if he's really dark." He explained. He loved reading books on Greek mythology since there were lots of interesting stories, so he knew quite a bit about them.

Deleted user

"Yeah! He was born just a little over six months, I'm sorry I never told you about him, especially not sooner. But Erebus sounds like a lovely name, I'm sure he'll think it's great. Horses have opinions like people do, you know. Names are important to them." and then he was off again, talking more and more about horses until anyone who wasn't as close a friend to him as Nyck was would have gotten sick.

@Fraust

Nyck kept nodding along to Al's rambling for a while until he was startled out of his trance by a horse whinneying. "We should go see him. Do you think I could pet him?" He asked. "I'd be careful, and I can wash my hands when I get back. They never let me pet the horses, but they're real pretty, and I think they like it when you pet them, right?" He fidgeted a bit with his hands, hoping Al would say yes.