forum Help me get motivated to write again.
Started by @ToWorldsUnknown group
tune

people_alt 56 followers

@ToWorldsUnknown group

Long story short, I have not done any form of creative writing since April-May of this year. There have been several factors influencing this including mental health issues, senior year work load, and general laziness. I really want to start writing again considering how many ideas I have for my WIPs. The problem: I've become rusty and the lack of self-confidence is not helping me start again. If any of you guys have tips on setting a writing routine or just getting back into it in the first place, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

@FallSpring group

For me, writing is a great way to relieve stress. I recommend once a day, sitting in front of your computer and just spilling out word vomit. It can be about anything or anyone. If you have no ideas, go to a prompt website and get a couple. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with your projects, it's helpful to have a starting point. Warm-up your writer's brain you know? I usually have my time for writing late at night after I've done homework and chores. I can then just sit, relax, and have a cup of cocoa as I write out my works.

@ToWorldsUnknown group

For me, writing is a great way to relieve stress. I recommend once a day, sitting in front of your computer and just spilling out word vomit. It can be about anything or anyone. If you have no ideas, go to a prompt website and get a couple. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with your projects, it's helpful to have a starting point. Warm-up your writer's brain you know? I usually have my time for writing late at night after I've done homework and chores. I can then just sit, relax, and have a cup of cocoa as I write out my works.

I'll start using this. Thank you so much!