forum Talk about your magics!
Started by @furetakunai ac_unit
tune

people_alt 66 followers

@furetakunai ac_unit

I know we've all got a little magic swirling in our minds. So tell me about it! What is your magic like? What does it do? Is it forbidden? etc., etc.
You can link a page with it, just talk about it, ask for help, all thing related to magics is welcome here!

@Endlingdairne

so far in the story I'm writing, there are 4 types of magic: Clairvoyance, Elemental, Interdimensional, Healing. any suggestions for any more? I'm looking to have at least 7-8 different types?

@furetakunai ac_unit

Okay, so, good start. There are also a lot of different types you can take on. Such as:

• Energy based (absorption or transfer of energy)
  • Mutation magic (shapeshifters, people who become giants, people who gain extra or odd limbs)
  • Sensory magic (like illusions)
  • And performance enhancing. (Like super hearing, strength, and speed.)

For a few examples.

@Endlingdairne

These are all great ideas! I think the energy-based would fall under Elemental, though. Mutation, Sensory, and Performance are all very helpful. Thanks!

@Endlingdairne

I might add Mutation to the Healing Magic, change it up a bit, and make a new kind; instead if just healing, it might have to do with the entire body, for example: If you practice this type of magic, you can heal, transfigure, harm, or control a person's body, depending on how powerful you are.

@furetakunai ac_unit

Ohh, so, biological manipulation. That sounds very cool! A power like that seems it could go a myriad of ways, good and bad. Very interesting to think about.

@Endlingdairne

Another type I've thought about adding is Time magic, but that might be a little too OP. But if I add it to Clairvoyance, maybe not…..
if you practice Time magic, you can (If powerful enough) manipulate time, travel back/forward in time/ send others back/forward in time, freeze time, but only for so long; this is all I can think of at the moment. i might have to tone it down a bit/ add a couple consequences. like i said, it's kind of OP