forum Saints, Swords, and Secrets // Fantasy RP // Closed
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 58 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

"The King is Dead."

The Greatcoats were the king's elite guard. 100 men and women, characterized by the Greatcoats they all wore, leather with bone plates sewn in for protection, warm, and supposedly full of pockets and weapons and poisons. The Greatcoats kept the king safe and enforced his law. The Greatcoats were supposed to be unbeatable.

And then the King was assassinated.

The Greatcoats? Did nothing. The murderer had been sent by the dukes to kill the king, who was survived by only his 12 year old son.

The First Princep of the Greatcoats, 28 year old Andros Castellan, had ordered the Greatcoats to stand down, to let it happen. None of the Greatcoats know why, and none can get an answer out of him about why he ordered them to stand down. They obeyed, of course they did. He was their leader, the first Greatcoat. But even his friends cannot get an answer out of him.

The dukes froth and rage, demanding justice and pretending they don't know who killed the king. Pretending to want the prince on the throne, when everyone knows they would sooner tear the boy to shreds than want him over them and in charge.

Andros knows this. The king told him this would happen.

The dukes call for the disbandment of the Greatcoats, claiming that if the Greatcoats could not keep the king safe, what hope do they have of keeping safe the young prince? The Greatcoats nod, and disband, scattering.

All, except for some. Andros and a few of the others remain with the prince in secret, refusing to leave. When the assassin comes for the prince, they are ready, and protect him, then steal him away. They know that the dukes will not stop unless the prince is out of the way, and they know he isn't ready to rule. Not yet.

Now, they are on the run, moving from place to place and scorned wherever they dare to show their faces.

The country is in upheaval. The dukes are suing for control of the country, quarreling among themselves and amassing armies of knights in preparation for a civil war. The church and clergy preach to anyone who will listen of the saints and the gods and how neither the royal family nor the dukes are looked upon with favor. The common people are overtaxed and overworked.

All of them hate the Greatcoats, though for different reasons.

Each Greatcoat received a letter from the king, a day after he was murdered. Inside each letter was a mission, and orders to keep this mission silent. Each letter contained orders to support the king's son, the prince, no matter what.

All of this happened a year ago. The prince is now 13. The country is on the brink of civil war, torn apart at the seams.

And the Greatcoats? They are preparing to support a prince that isn't old enough for a throne, but has no choice.

Andros's group has another secret. One of them is a saint. Sainthood is passed on in very specific ways: either the person must have killed the saint, if the saint was a saint of violence or war, or must have been present when the saint died, and the saint passed on their sainthood to this person. If the church knew that a Greatcoat was a Saint, the Greatcoat would be executed for heresy. Even though it's true.

They all have secrets, really. Some secrets the whole group knows, some secrets only they themselves know. But in the coming conflict, every secret will come to light. None can stay hidden for long.

Okay so: this RP is based off of the Greatcoats series by Sebastien de Castell, but you don't need to have read the series to participate in the RP, since I've changed things anyways. In addition, it is influenced by Spain. The technology is mostly swords and bows, with a few early versions of pistols. Greatcoats use rapiers, for the most part, with some using greatswords and others using bows. Worldbuilding will happen throughout the RP.

I want people who are comfortable with long replies; I don't want any single line responses. In addition, this is going to be slow-moving, probably only one or two responses a day.

Characters:
The Leader: Andros Castellan, First Princep of the Greatcoats - @Icefire (me)
The Saint: Asmilian Lacina - @Its-Free-Therapy
The Swordsman: - @Calanthe
The Archer: Alejandro Rivera - @lamer-gamer
The Prince: Doran Rivera, Prince - @Icefire (me)

LGBTQ+ Characters are welcome and loved

Rules:

• Andrew's Rules apply
  • Replies are going to be longer
  • This RP will likely contain triggering content; please be aware of that and let me know if you have any Triggers that need to be avoided
  • Any NSFW content will be taken to PMs
  • On that note, if you want to ship your character with someone else's, ask them first
  • FYI, the vast majority of Greatcoats are male
  • Experienced RPers preferred
  • I reserve the right to say no

Aesthetic board: Saints, Swords, and Secrets
Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4kUXIuabYKHjQ6L2B087BP?si=0d6WnDTtSzqSBVGhCO2ONw

Deleted user

May I join?
And could you explain the Sainthood a bit for me? I want to be that one, but I don't understand it very much.
ALSO!! HI ICEFIRE, IT'S REED!

@ElderGod-Icefire

@lamer-gamer I haven't really seen you around before; could I see a sample of your typical RP style, please?

@Its-Free-Therapy Hi Reed!! You can definitely join! And yeah definitely, what exactly would you like to know?

Deleted user

Also, if my character is in a relationship with another character, would they have to participate in NSFW? I’m a minor and I’d prefer to avoid anything particularly explicit, if that’s okay.

Deleted user

@lamer-gamer I haven't really seen you around before; could I see a sample of your typical RP style, please?

Sure!

Deleted user

@Its-Free-Therapy Hi Reed!! You can definitely join! And yeah definitely, what exactly would you like to know?

Just a bit more in depth, like is there a certain Pantheon the Saint's pray to? What exactly is the Saint's relationships with the government? What do Saints do? Is there certain garb the Saints have to wear? Stuff like that

@ElderGod-Icefire

Just a bit more in depth, like is there a certain Pantheon the Saint's pray to? What exactly is the Saint's relationships with the government? What do Saints do? Is there certain garb the Saints have to wear? Stuff like that

Okay so: The Pantheon actually hasn't been developed yet because I'm lazy as hell, so uh. You can basically make up the gods if you like? just keep in mind that they aren't all that involved with humans and don't really give a shit or interact with them. Saints are kinda seen as harmless, for the most part (even though they aren't lmao) the government doesn't do much with them; the Church does. The Saints…it depends on what sort of saint they are. Like the Saint of Mercy encourages people to be Merciful, and has abilities that relate to that. The Saint of Swords, on the other hand, will always seek out the strongest opponent possible in a fight, and must be killed to pass on their sainthood. There are no required garments, though some saints like to have a specific outfit

Deleted user

Okay, so this is from an old RP on discord that I really liked, here it is:

“So, you want to be a hero?” the old man said curiously. His baggy eyes twinkled as he stacked the glimmering gold coins on the table, piling them up methodically. His presence lead you to believe there was more than met the eye, his wizened and shriveled face and yellowed eyes combined with wispy white hair giving him a strange sort of sickening regality. This was a man not to be crossed, but one who would certainly cross you in a heartbeat. Even if he was just a short old man.

“Yes, I do,” said the prince, looking the old man in the eyes. He set his chiseled jaw and sat down across the table from the man, setting a bag of coins on the table. They clinked with a gentle thud as they were set down, the weight of responsibility permeating all the prince touched.

@ElderGod-Icefire

Hm sure. You're gonna have to be the Archer, unless you've got a different idea that would still fit with what I've said so far?

Also I really do gotta go, will be back later

Deleted user

Okay so: The Pantheon actually hasn't been developed yet because I'm lazy as hell, so uh. You can basically make up the gods if you like? just keep in mind that they aren't all that involved with humans and don't really give a shit or interact with them. Saints are kinda seen as harmless, for the most part (even though they aren't lmao) the government doesn't do much with them; the Church does. The Saints…it depends on what sort of saint they are. Like the Saint of Mercy encourages people to be Merciful, and has abilities that relate to that. The Saint of Swords, on the other hand, will always seek out the strongest opponent possible in a fight, and must be killed to pass on their sainthood. There are no required garments, though some saints like to have a specific outfit

Alright, and what kind of Saints are there?
Just like a list would be great lol

@ElderGod-Icefire

Alright, and what kind of Saints are there?
Just like a list would be great lol

jhgdksjfghb again: am Lazy, have no list. Just, like. They're usually representative of specific aspects of the gods? Like there's the Saint of Mercy and the Saint of Swords, along with the Saint of Whores (my apologies for the crass language, but) and the Saint of Romance and the Saint of Friendship (both aspects of love) so

@ElderGod-Icefire

Yeah I guess. Though the Saint of Whores would be less about ~sex~ and maybe more about protecting those who follow that path? Idk, up to you if you choose to be the Saint of Whores (just so you know, Andros will tease your character mercilessly if they're the saint of whores