forum Charlie and the Chocolate Factory anyone???
Started by @nebula__ group
tune

people_alt 66 followers

@nebula__ group

i'm a huge fan of the 2005 remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-
(and no, it's not JUST because i have a small celeb crush on Johnny Depp–)

but legit, are there any other fans of this movie??? if so, what's ur favorite line? here's mine:

"Everything in this room is eatable. Even I'm eatable, but that's called cannibalism my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies."

@spacebluelily language

OH MY GOD, YES! I've watched the 1971 and the 2005 one (I'm not old, okay? The 1971 was airing on Freeform one day and I decided to watch it), but I liked the 2005 one so much more.

I have quite a lot. Here's two of my favorite lines.

"For your information, little girl, whipped cream isn't whipped cream at all unless it's been whipped with whips. Everybody knows that."

"I'm sorry, darling. Mr. Wonka's being unreasonable."

@nebula__ group

OH MY GOD, YES! I've watched the 1971 and the 2005 one (I'm not old, okay? The 1971 was airing on Freeform one day and I decided to watch it), but I liked the 2005 one so much more.

I have quite a lot. Here's two of my favorite lines.

"For your information, little girl, whipped cream isn't whipped cream at all unless it's been whipped with whips. Everybody knows that."

"I'm sorry, darling. Mr. Wonka's being unreasonable."

Xd I'm planning on watching the 1971 version soon-

also those lines are some of my other favs from the 2005 ver.!

here's more fav quotes of mine:

"Violet: Hey Mom, look, I'm way more flexible now!"
"Mrs.Beauregarde: Yes, but you're blue."

"Willy Wonka: That pipe.. it just so happens to lead directly to the room where I make the most delicious kind of strawberry flavored chocolate coated fudge."
"Mrs.Gloop: Then he will be made into strawberry flavored chocolate coated fudge?"

"Mrs.Gloop: Augustus, stop eating your hand."
"Augustus: But I taste so good!"

@spacebluelily language

It's definitely a good movie. Willy Wonka kinda startles me around the end of the movie, though.
The Johnny Depp version is so relatable. I didn't think that would be possible.
And here's some of my other favorites.

Willy Wonka: "I don't feel so hot. What makes you feel better when you feel terrible?"
Charlie Bucket: "My family."
Willy Wonka: "Ew!"

Willy Wonka: "You can't run a chocolate factory with a family hanging over you like an old, dead goose. No offense."
Grandpa George: "None taken. Jerk."

Willy Wonka: "To the incinerator. But don't worry, we only light it on Tuesdays."
Mike Teavee: "Today is Tuesday."
Willy Wonka: "Well, there's always a chance they decided not to light it today."

Willy Wonka: "There it is. There it isn't"

Willy Wonka: "Can you imagine Augustus-flavored, chocolate-coated Gloop? Ew, no one would buy it."

Willy Wonka: "Well, why would I wanna send a person? They don't taste very good at all."

@spacebluelily language

I was wathcing some videos on youtube on the making of this movie, and apparently the chocolate river was actually real. I thought it was all CG. Huh, I guess you do learn something new everyday.

@spacebluelily language

Yeah, I just want two huge buckets of that chocolate. I wonder if I have to go all the way to London just to find the chocolate river. . .

The grass? It was definitely edible. Tim Burton said so. The squirrels? It was a mixture of CG squirrels, animatronics squirrels, and real squirrels. There were about 40 real squirrels and they gave them all names. Slowpoke, Flash, Freak, etc. I think one of them was named Peter. One of the squirrels was like eating through the fake nut which was made out of . . . acrylic, I believe? I don't quite remember.