forum IM PISSED
Started by @ElderGodSeeba petsbing bing 🐸
tune

people_alt 61 followers

@ElderGodSeeba petsbing bing 🐸

FUCK IT I DONT CARE ANYMORE WHY CANR I HAVE A GOOD ORINIGAL IDEA WITHOUT SOMEONE SWOOPING IN "OH THATS BEEN DOBE BEGORE-" FUCK YOU I NEVER WATCH THW UMBRELLA ACADEMY I DIDNT KMOE IM GOING TO OFF MYSELF HILY SHIT

Deleted user

are you ok?? also these mfs dont know what a trope is like…eye
but its ok if something you come up with has been done before!! thats just how it be sometimes lol

@knightinadream group

It's alright broski (dudette/fellow), I've been there. There's this quote I've heard saying "Not every idea is new.", which sometimes is true and that's okay. As long as you add more "spice" to it, all should be fine really; plagiarism is no good. Hope you're doing good darling. :)

@Starfast group

Mini rant but I really hate the whole "nothing is original" mentality. Like, yeah maybe someone out there has written a similar type of story but have they done it in the same universe as your story? With the same characters? The same world building? The plot may be similar, but that doesn't mean things can't be original anymore.

Like, Finding Nemo and Taken have the same plot basically, but you'd never call one a rip off of the other. Just write your story anyways and tell everyone else to shut up.

@ElderGodSeeba petsbing bing 🐸

Like, Finding Nemo and Taken have the same plot basically, but you'd never call one a rip off of the other. Just write your story anyways and tell everyone else to shut up.

Wait but this made me feel so much better what-

@Ewen_the_Eccentric

Every story has already been told, but not every story has been told by you. Only you can tell your story the way it is, no matter how many tropes and cliches are in it. The most cliche thing ever can be the most unique if it's in the hands of someone willing to do it right. :)

Caboose

Ya know once I straight up brainstormed a character and his backstory. Like the whole fuckin thing. Once I was done I was super proud. He was a clone soldier, specifically the last one now turned space bounty hunter. His story was that despite being the last one, he was struggling with individualism and survivors guilt.
Not for one second while writing it did I realise I had subconsciously done the clones and Boba Fett from star wars, but with slight differences. So the idea is scrapped until I can make it more unique.