forum Beauty and the Beast, anyone? // OxO // Open
Started by @ElderGod-Icefire
tune

people_alt 52 followers

@ElderGod-Icefire

I have too many RPs but here we go–

Prince Callum Shay spends half the year as a monster. He spends half the year with no idea of who he is or what he is. A monster, a killing thing that destroys and murders and lays waste to the kingdom he tries to rule. The half of the year where he isn't a monster? He is only a man from sunset to sunrise, and in the day is still the monster. He was cursed nearly 20 years ago, never to age until the curse is broken, or until it runs it's course. He has 20 years to break the curse, or he shall be a monster forever.

It has been 19. This is his last cycle as a man. His last chance to break the curse. The witch that cast it told him that to break it, he must fall in love, and that love must be reciprocated. The person cannot be from the castle So every year for 19 years, his servants have brought someone new to the castle in hopes of him falling for them. Every year, it has failed. His health has worsened with each passing year, the curse taking its toll on his body.

This is his last chance, and he knows it.

A was taken by a man they don't recognize and brought to the castle. There, they meet a handsome prince. It all seems like something from a fairytale. But the prince is hiding something, and they are determined to find out what.

Basically, Beauty and the Beast retelling with my own twist. I'll be the prince, and you'll be character A. I don't care what gender your character is, so this can be pretty much any pairing.

Rules:

• All of Andrew's rules apply
  • This will probably have some very dark parts, with mature themes
  • I ask that you are descriptive, minimum of three sentences, and as active as possible, please, with good grammar
  • LGBTQ characters welcome :)
  • I reserve the right to say no

Deleted user

(did you happen to have a template? i work best with them but i can go without)

Deleted user

(you totally don't have to, i'm perfectly fine doing it without a template. improvise, right?)

@ElderGod-Icefire

By the way, your character can be from the fantasy world or from ours, I don't care, just tell me which one so I can adjust accordingly

Name:
Nicknames:
Gender and Sexuality:
Looks:
Other:

Name: Callum Ellis Shay
Nicknames: Cal
Gender and Sexuality: Male, Pan
Looks: Cal is about 5'10", with a slim, angular body and a decent amount of muscle tone. He has dark amber hair, that shines red in some lights and brown in others. He is white, and admittedly rather pale. His eyes are a molten gold color, that seem to grow darker sometimes. He always wears long sleeves and pants, no matter the weather, in order to cover the marks on his body from the curse. There are cracks in his skin where darkness roils beneath his skin, and when the darkness spills out, it turns to blood, so he often has bandages wound beneath his clothing so that the blood will not stain his clothes. He has scars scattered across his body, and often has dark smudges beneath his eyes from not sleeping.
Other: Aesthetic board

Deleted user

(okay cool, i will try and get a template up soon but i absolutely cannot guarantee when that would be)

Deleted user

(sorry just a quick question, what exactly would change if they were from the fantasy world or the modern world? like what would i do for either of those?)

@ElderGod-Icefire

(ooh! So if they're from the fantasy world, it's actually a little more complicated because we gotta figure out where from, and like…all that. If they're from our world, then it's actually easier because I can just say that one of Cal's guards can like… dimension hop? And went to our world and took your charrie? Does that make sense?)

Deleted user

(oh ok cool, i think it could be interesting for them to be from the real world and then get taken to a fantasy world)

Deleted user

Name: Valencia West
Nicknames: Val, Cia - does normally just go by Valencia though
Gender and Sexuality: Female, believes herself to be bisexual but she's not sure
Looks: Valencia has skin that is comparable to milk chocolate in colour, with a very soft dusting of basically unnoticeable freckles. Her hair is large and frizzy, and she has it dyed a dark purple. Her eyes are a strange green, not really matching with the rest of her appearance - though she is often complimented on their beauty.
Valencia isn't really intimidated by people as she is taller than most people she knows - she stands at roughly 5'10". She can be very self-conscious of her height.
Other: She's just really fucking confused in general

@ElderGod-Icefire

(I– she's taller than Cal? I'm not sure that's going to work? Because Tyr (the guard) would be highly unlikely to grab anyone that's so super tall, because of the risk of them fighting/hurting himself or the prince??)

Deleted user

(oh i can make her shorter if you like? i just don't have many tall characters so i thought it would be an addition)

@ElderGod-Icefire

(I mean…maybe a little shorter? I don't mind her being tall, but maybe more around Cal's height? I'm just thinking like… logistically, because Tyr is highly unlikely to take someone so significantly taller, due to like…fight risks and such)

Deleted user

(maybe like 5'11" then? that's only like 10cm taller than me, and it could be an interesting dynamic for her to be a little bit taller)

@ElderGod-Icefire

(yeah that works! I mean it's only an inch, but I can totally see Cal being like "how the fuck did this happen" and Tyr going "I'm sorry, i remembered you taller" lmao)

Deleted user

(yes haha! i'll change it quickly, can't wait for a starter)

Deleted user

(uh…..you choose. i literally cannot make decisions)