forum Any non-romance YA recs?
Started by @moss
tune

people_alt 54 followers

@moss

I like those realistic fiction ya books but I don't like when the whole plot is centered around a relationship. If you know any books that maybe focus more on a friendship or it has an interesting plot or something similar, please recommend some.

@GoodThingGoing group

• Radio Silence by Alice Oseman
  • Loveless by Alice Oseman
  • I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman
  • Sadie by Courtney Summers
  • The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
  • Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
  • Slay by Britney Morris
  • Heroine by Mindy McGinnis
  • Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
  • Be Not Far From Me by Mindy McGinnis
  • All the Bad Apples by Moira Fowley-Doyle
  • Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia
  • Hello Girls by Brittany Cavallaro and Emily Henry

@Sugar-Lover

This Might Hurt a Bit by Doogie Horner this book is about 3 high school friends during the course of a day as they try run away from their problems. This book has no major romantic relationships.
One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus 5 students go into detention but only 4 come out alive. This book switches between the perspective of the 4 students who were in the detention as they try to prove they were innocent. The plot of this book is very interesting and has an ending not easily guessed. There is a romance between two of the main characters, but it isn’t a major part of the plot.
What We Buried by Kate A. Boorman This is a mystery book split between the perspective of siblings as they try to find their missing parents. Every detail in this book is well thought out and definitely a good read. There are no relationships from what I remember.
The Third Twin by CJ Omololu Identical twin sisters Ava and Lexi had always put the blame Alicia, the imaginary sister when they were kids. As they grew imaginary sister Alicia became just a memory. Now that they’re older they pretend to be Alicia when they want to hook up with a guy (I explained that badly). When a string of Alicia’s dates are murdered, the trust between the twins is tested are they try to find out what is going on. This is basically a murder mystery with pretty good plot that I’m really bad at explaining without trying to spoil anything. There aren’t any major relationships (besides Alicia’s dates and that part of the storyline) that I remember.
Two Of Us Can Keep A Secret by Karen M. McManus Yes, I already included this author, but this is another really good book. This book is about twins who are brother and sister as they investigate a small town murder from their mother high school years. I don’t remember too much about the plot that wouldn’t spoil anything, but this book is really good and had no major relationships from what I remember.

All of these books are great reads that have little to no romance (according to my memory). They’re all set in modern time and are YA.

Deleted user

Um…so I have a suggestion but there is romance.
Despite the romance, it's super good and it's like one of my fave book series.
IDK, it's the Halo series by Alexandra Adornetto.

Deleted user

@PatienceKills if you like Alice Oseman you should check out her series Heartstopper on tapas.io. It's super good and super gay

@GoodThingGoing group

@PatienceKills if you like Alice Oseman you should check out her series Heartstopper on tapas.io. It's super good and super gay

I've actually read all of Heartstopper. And recommended it to people in numerous chats. My username is an Alice Oseman reference lmao

Deleted user

I've actually read all of Heartstopper. And recommended it to people in numerous chats. My username is an Alice Oseman reference lmao

Oh cool, I had no idea! Sorry! But yeah no, it's amazing. I actually spotted Vol 2 and the colouring book at a book store but didn't get either.

@moss

Yes thank u for doing so!!! I started hearstopper and its soooo good!! I also read Radio Silence a while ago so I'm planning to read her other books.

@GoodThingGoing group

Yes thank u for doing so!!! I started hearstopper and its soooo good!! I also read Radio Silence a while ago so I'm planning to read her other books.

Aw, thank you! I am a simple person with a single goal, and that goal is to spread my favorite author's books to the world :)
Solitaire is my personal favorite <3