forum k;ldsf:LKDS it's 5am and i'm bORED so rpppp? [o/o] cLOSEDDD
Started by @maddie-the-unknown
tune

people_alt 52 followers

@maddie-the-unknown

Hey, if you're okay with somewhat spotty replies (at worst I can take up to a month to reply, but I try to check in when I can!) I'd love to start an rp with you! I have some promptsss:

Song Prompts: Riptide by Vance Joy [we'd probably figure smth out based on the lyrics]

Plot Ideas:
- 23: In this world, when you turn 23, you get to pick how much longer you live. One character chooses to only live for a couple of weeks while the other wants to live till they're old. One day, they meet, and the character who wanted to die suddenly changes their mind.
- Golden Eye'd Cat: In this world, cats are spiritual animals that can lead you to your destiny or death. One day, both of our characters find the same cat and meet. The twist is, our characters hate each other.
- First Kisses: (Based off 50 first Dates) One character is unable to find love until they meet the other. Only the other has brain damage that causes them to forget every day. How will they make them fall in love with them every day?

Dialogue Prompts:
- "Look, we don't know each other well, but I'm still worried about you.."
- "I- I wasn't ready to say goodbye.."
- "We are not the same and we never will be."
- "You're my fucking friend, of course, I care about you."
- "You deserved someone who valued you, not whatever I was."
- "The one who wins your heart will be so lucky."

Rules:
- I may ask for a writing sample.
- We're gonna be using templates.
- You might wanna make sure you're able to access Pinterest, I'll def be using ref images from there
- I reserve the right to say no
- !! Be okay with very spotty replies if that wasn't clear at the beginning !!
- Please for the love of god try to have as good writing as you can
- andrew's rules ofc
- absolutely no mary/gary sues!!
- and tho i have spotty replies as well, please don't take more than a month to reply!!

Deleted user

I'd like you to know in advance that I struggle with attention so if I haven't replied in a while, it would be helpful for you to remind me! Also, sometimes I just don't know how to respond to something and like… I'm weird is all. If you feel uncomfortable with that I don't have to do this with you, but it does seem fun!

Deleted user

Honestly they all looked good, I thought especially that "You're my fucking friend, of course I care about you!" was interesting as well as the cat prompt.

@maddie-the-unknown

ooo okay
we could do the "you're my fucking fren, ofc i care abt you" one!!

if it's okie with you, i'd like to be the char on the receiving end of the dialogue?

Deleted user

Yeah, totally! As for plot, what do you wanna do?

@maddie-the-unknown

oH MY GOD
this took me forever to respond to
i'm so sorry-
i got really distracted drawing an instagram thing LOL

but uh
yayyyy!!
so i was thinking that maybe my char is probably really depressed and (tw!!)

bUT ACTUALLY
before i go any further
do you have any triggers?

(and may i request that you try to stay away from the topic of guns while rping? i kinda get nervous when people mention them sdjlk)

Deleted user

I'd prefer to stay away from explicit portrayals police brutality as I've had an unfortunate experience with that but otherwise go wild. Mentions of it are fine but I'd prefer to avoid too much suffering tbh.

Also, what is the universe our characters are in like? Sci fi? Fantasy? A bit of both? Or more realistic? What's the main character arc? Will our characters have to potential to be romantically involved? How will the story progress/what are the main plot hooks, etc.?

Deleted user

Oh also rape/sexual assault in general is a trigger for me, in any context.

@maddie-the-unknown

Oops, I finally went to bed earlier-

But anyways, that's fine!! I'll make sure to keep away from both of those. And I was thinking a bit more realistic, but I don't see why it couldn't be fantasy! [I'm so bad at writing lol, what's a main character arc?]

As for romance, I'm really bad at writing it, but there's no reason why it couldn't happen, at least none that I can see. LKJDFS I can already tell your a better writer than meeee, I almost never plan out my rps lkjsfd

Deleted user

There's no such thing as a better writer. We have different skill sets and utilize them accordingly.

@maddie-the-unknown

hhhh
aNYHOO
i just google the character arcs and uh
are there preset character arcs, if that's the kinda answer you were looking for? [like how there are named stereotypes]
or were you looking for smth more like [this is an example: character goes on walk, character stumbles upon other character, that character improves first character for the better, the end]? i know it's bad lol, idk it was just on the spot lkdsf

Deleted user

A character arc is basically how they develop over the course of the story. Like, say, relatively untraumatized character is thrust into a traumatic event. They spend the rest of the story coming to terms with that trauma, and eventually end up, well… somewhere, at least, how much they recover would be up to you. It's a bad example but it's the best way I can explain it.

@maddie-the-unknown

ahh okay
so a much better example then i tried to come up with lmao
:0
i had an idea
lmao i'm just taking the opposite of the example bUT
[i'm sorry if this is bad jklsfd]
what if
my character (with a past history of trauma, whatever that may be) has suddenly been pulled into a relatively untraumatic world, though still filled with triggers, she can be on the way to recovery? probably meets your char in the other "world"?

Deleted user

Yeah, and maybe it's like, an alternate earth but with magical creatures and stuff?

@maddie-the-unknown

Nah it's all good fam
:0
I realised what i said left room for interpretation but that was one i didn't see coming!!
oooo
that's v cool
i like it, actuallly!

that sounds cool!!
so ig how would my char get from the original world to the AU?

Deleted user

Maybe some magical portal or artifact, possibly?