forum Written Illustrations ~ Open To All!
Started by @Rainy_is_back
tune

people_alt 56 followers

@Rainy_is_back

If anyone has a better title, and knows where I should move this to, just tell me.
So, this is probably really dumb. But I was just thinking, and thought it might be fun.

A simple explanation:
Someone draws a quick scene, of some characters (maximum would probably be five. No minimum.) You post it here, and someone writes a quick scene to go with it.

For more details:

• One of our fabulous artists here in the notebook community would draw a quick scene. It doesn't have to be perfect, just something fun and easy. The medium doesn't matter either, just make sure the picture is clear!
  • Our artist will probably want to name the characters, and give them pronouns. This isn't necessary, but suggested. Also, maybe coming up with a quick title (whether related, or completely unrelated to the image, doesn't matter.) just to help with keeping things clear.
  • A writer, after receiving permission from the artist, will write what they believe to be happening in the scene. If you get really inspired, I'd suggest putting it in a document. If it isn't too long, feel free to paste and post it here. (Suggestion for this- quote the image, so we know which one your writing is going to. Just to keep things neat.)
  • It's up to the artist, but multiple people can write for the same image. Just @ them, and ask if you're allowed to.

That's the basic idea. I do have some requirements, I'm going to be pretty strict on. I also have some important suggestions, in bold.

1. If someone says no; they mean no. Don't constantly ask them, and let it go.
  2. Keep this on topic, as much as you can. I'm all for critiques and feedback, but try not to let things get out of hand.
  3. Be polite. I don't care if you have a problem with someone, I don't want it here. If you have something to say, and you hesitate because you're not sure, don't post it here. I know there's been problems before, and I am dead serious. If there's a problem arousing here, I might have to ask you to leave, or take it somewhere else. I want this to be a friendly environment, as much as it can be. If you have a problem with this rule, talk to me about it in private messages.
  4. If you have darker content, please put it in a spoiler box. Especially images though I have my doubts anyone will do anything too bad, image wise. If you don't know how to do a spoiler box, quote this.

5. Create new characters. I am not in control of what people may do with your characters; so don't use your fleshed out, hard worked characters. That way people also have a freedom to write their personality however they choose.
  6. Put your @ on the art, and your signature. I know this is common sense, but I just want to make sure everyone realizes I have literally no control over what some people may do.
  7. Yes, you want it to look nice, but I wouldn't put your heart and soul into this art piece. It's suppose to be fun and simple. No one is going to shame you for it. If they do, I'll deal with it. So don't worry your pretty little head over it!

If this sinks through, oh well. But if it doesn't, awesome! Any questions/ concerns are totally welcome, either here or private messages.

@Rainy_is_back

(Feel free to! I currently am working on a very simple sketch to post, possible to get this officially started, if you don't feel like posting :3)

@StarkSpangledMayflower

(I'd love to be a part of this!! Are characters necessary in the artwork? I'm not good at drawing people, stick figures is the best I can do.)
(Also you can use "Written Illustrations" as a title, I think it fits the theme :D)

@Tired-but-passionate

I think I found something that could work! Again, this is an older piece, that’s why it’s not a quick n’ easy sketch.
From left to right: Ski (she/her), Do (like ‘dough’, he/him), Ti (like ‘tee’, she/her), and Re (like ‘ray’, she/her)

@Rainy_is_back

(I'd love to be a part of this!! Are characters necessary in the artwork? I'm not good at drawing people, stick figures is the best I can do.)
(Also you can use "Written Illustrations" as a title, I think it fits the theme :D)

Characters are not really necessary. Whatever you do is totally alright! Though I'd just like to say: if there aren't characters, people are allowed to add them. Assuming the artist is alright with that.

And I like that! I think I might use that :3