forum Google Stadia. All of it.
Started by @Eldest-God-andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin
tune

people_alt 52 followers

@Eldest-God-andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin

So, I know Stadia is technically a meme but I'm still loving it. Since it launched I've played through Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, GYLT (an amazing game), and a bunch of random sessions of other games.

Anyway, apparently Stadia is free to sign up and free to play now, and you get two months free of Pro, which gives you free games.

So… if you're playing, feel free to add drusepth and/or post your own gamer tags below. :)

@Eldest-God-andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin

I think it's cool because it's basically a replacement for a console. You buy the game you want to play and it runs on Google servers and streams the game video directly to you, so there's never any downloads or updates or anything, and you can run even the most demanding games on basically anything.

You basically just download an app to play on your computer, laptop, phone, tablet, or TV, and that's it. Unless you're playing on a TV (where you need a Chromecast and the official controller), you can use any keyboard or controller you already have and play console-quality games wherever.

I'm trying to decide whether to get Borderlands 3, RDR2, or Final Fantasy 15 next. You still have to pay full price for the games (most of the time), but not having to buy a console and also being able to play on my laptop, then pick up and play a bit on my phone, then play at night on my TV is pretty rad. The only downside is they don't have a ton of games supported yet, but it feels like they add a few each week.

@Yamatsu

FFXV is pretty good, though it does have some problems, primarily with the open world. It's big, but there's not much to do with it. Tbh, you'll probably be more engrossed with fishing than anything else, no joke. Also, now you get Serious Sam 4 a year before the rest of us!

Hope it doesn't go belly-up in that timeframe. Stadia's an interesting concept, but digital exclusivity has fucked people over before (see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Marvel vs. Capcom 2).