forum I'm in need of somebody helping me with information on Washington
Started by @champagne_supernovas group
tune

people_alt 49 followers

@croccin-champagne

it's a normal state? so we do the same things you'd find most states doing. admittedly, there are different areas here that do different niche activities. same as anywhere. are you asking about eastern or western washington? because they're incredibly different

@croccin-champagne

okay. western washington is rainy. we have rain an insane number of days out of the year, which is why certain plants flourish here. that's where we get the 'evergreen state' thing from. seattle is one of our biggest tourist attracting cities, and everyone i know treats it more like a capitol than olympia, our actual capitol. tacoma is also popular, but only the safe parts, as the rest tends to be the kind of place you don't want to be alone, if you're new.

and that's just on or near the sound. we've got plenty of mountains, and a huge number of state parks. basically, a great place for camping. the sound and the mountains are our main attractions.

do you have any specific questions you need answered?

@champagne_supernovas group

Are there any specific places that you guys hang out at. Like where I live we hang out at a farmers market after school. Or the pizza place. Is there anything like that that you guys do?

@croccin-champagne

that's more a city by city thing? when i lived in puyallup, my friends and i used to just walk around downtown and sometimes go to the coffee place by a park. here where i live now, some kids hang out in this area with a bunch of stores, while others go out mudding or hanging at various coffee places, and sometimes people hang out at a mall near here. it varies entirely depending on where you are, really

@champagne_supernovas group

oh okay. Would you mind just telling me little facts and tidbits about there, because the only place I've ever been is Northern California so I'm uncultured when it comes to places like that?

@Scorpia

If your characters live in a town or city close to the Columbia River, people tend to cross from Oregon to Washington very frequently and as someone who lives in Oregon, I barely think of Washington as a separate state because I go there so often. There's a lot of different bridges connecting the two, but you should do some research on which bridges your characters might live close to, if they even live close to the river at all. Northern Washington is quite different and I've only been there a few times, mostly to Seattle. I suggest looking up some different cities in Washington and choosing one for your story to take place. That way you can narrow down more details and such and don't have to invent an entire city, context, and culture from scratch.

@croccin-champagne

well, there are ten first class cities in washington as a whole. Aberdeen, Bellingham, Bremerton, Everett, Richland, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver, and Yakima. in those places, each different area of the city(think on a school to school basis, if you're aiming for an answer to the hangout question) would have their own little things. i know you can go google restaurants in each city to find places, and it's also really easy to just google hangout spots. pike place in seattle is a really fun place, full of different stores and markets that are all really exciting.

@croccin-champagne

thats because of the recent pandemic. if you scroll further, or search specific keywrds, you'll likely find more what you're looking for