forum Name Help?
Started by @cerinthe group
tune

people_alt 51 followers

@cerinthe group

I'm trying to come up with a name for this bow/arrows: Untitled item (most of the information is in the "abilities" field). It's giving me a really hard time, I don't usually do names for weapons…. I want something along the lines of having to do with storms/lightning, and not too long but more delicate sounding.
Any ideas?

@RedTheLoveless

I recommend trying to incorporate words like "spark," "streak," "beam," "gleam," "shine," "flicker," or "flash" somewhere within the name, as they tie back to lightning but still give off a softer, more fragile vibe.

@justapettySlytherin group

There's this really cool name that means storm/whirlwind in Greek: Aella or Aello
I don't really know if that's what you're looking for, but I thought that was kind of cool and also in a way, fragile. If not, you could also go the route of just looking at the word lightning in different languages and then tweaking it around to fit your needs. I did this when I was creating a monster (not delicate, I know. Sorry.) and I got a name I really liked.

@wonderland_1002

I would call it THE FLARE but that's just me personally. I tend to take words such as 'spark' or 'shine' or 'lightning' and I look at a thesaurus for different options. I also try them in different languages (unless its fantasy based where I use a generator of some sort to help). You can try that if you'd like.