forum DOOM
Started by @Low_Mein
tune

people_alt 50 followers

@Low_Mein

I adore these games and thought maybe a few of you like it too? Any Doom version is cool to talk about here; Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, Doom (2016 release), Doom 64, Doom RPG, or the upcoming Doom Eternal

Also Wolfenstein maybe or its similarities and confirmed lore with Doom
And Commander Keen
All of the above :3

Thnks

@Oakiin

FINALLY I found more Doom fans.
Hi. I just joined this community thanks to Eternal, and I have no regrets. I love Doom with all my heart and soul

@Yamatsu

Did you play Eternal first? Both Eternal and 2016 are fantastic games, but so much has been expanded since the first one that I would imagine it to be very difficult not trying to dash or wonder where the Flaming Meathook went.

@Oakiin

Actually haven't played any of them, because I don't have a means :\ I watched a playthrough on yt tho, and am now obsessed. I've been digging through lore and storyline and stuff, since yeah, some of it was pretty confusing in the beginning xD

@Oakiin

that office is my favorite thing ever. They put so many tiny details in there, I feel like you could wander around for hours and still find new stuff.

@Yamatsu

Can I also say how pissed I am at Bethesda for not letting Mick Gordon mix the album like he wanted to? I'm listening to Meathook right now and it sounds SO MUCH BETTER compared to the other songs that weren't mixed by him. I can actually hear the bass and the high end doesn't clip like crazy! It's almost as if you should let the composer mix the songs to his vision, or at least give him some input!

@Oakiin

OKAY. HONESTLY THO. I've never been more upset in my life. Why?? would they do that??? to Mick Gordon??? Who's only like a whole ass half the reason Doom is as popular as it is? It's so messed up, he does not deserve that kinda treatment, nor does his music. Why were they trying to rush te soundtrack release? THat's what doesn't make sense to me.

@Yamatsu

Even chad Mossholder, the guy who had to mix most of the tracks, was pissed! He was rushed to put out a physical product when Bethesda should have known that THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. I'd pirate the game wholesale if it was Bethesda that made the game, but I want to give the id guys credit where credit's due. I'm also concerned that my Switch probably wouldn't be able to run the game as well as PC or any other console, but it's the only thing I have at the moment.

@Oakiin

I know, I've heard that Chad Mossholder is actually really good at what he does, it's just Bethesda screwed everyone over. I feel so bad for id, because if Mick doesn't come back, it's going to hurt the game. Publishers need to stay the heck out of the creative process, they should only be distributing the game, not messing with the people who are actually making the game.
On the other hand, now I really want to get a good pc set up so I can actually play the game, but that's not going to happen. Let me know how the switch version is, I'm curious how it's gonna work on that console.