forum Help me with the Xorvlogoth
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 46 followers

Deleted user

So. I have a certain race I've been working on for a while, known as the Xorvlogoth, They exist in the Broken haven universe (one not currently on Notebook AI) along with a bunch of other macabre stuff. And I would like to know any feedback or suggestions y'all might have.

Race name: Xorvlogoth
Language: Irian/Olothian
Defining features: When fully grown males stand at seven feet, females at six. They are in possession of digitigrade legs that take up approximately four sixths of their body, at 4.6 feet. They are covered in a rough chitin like substance and have a doubled lower jaw, meaning that the lower jaw can split into two parts, left and right, allowing for their strange guttural language patters to be easily followed.
usual combat tactics: The Xorvlogoth practice little magic aside from Warscreaming (more on those later) and usually focus on Melee combat, They have a brutal style of this, utilizing their immense speed and rock hard chitin to storm enemy lines, using large axes to take out several enemies at once or simply tearing them apart with their bare hands.
Magical affinity: Xorvlogoth practice little magic other than healing magic, And War screaming, A form of magic available to only those who can scream at high volumes for long periods of time, Exepting a few spells most forms of this magic require this. War screaming is the art of mastering sound and air. Warscreamers focus on quickly incapacitating large groups of enemies, A few more common spells used in battle are.
Deafening silence, this spell removes the air from a certain area, A tier one spell of this kind can only remove the air in a 6x6 area, a tier ten being able to suffocate an entire army. The only drawback is the caster must hold their breath while the spell is active, and the more space the spell covers the longer it takes for the spell to actually remove all of the breathable air. The casting time of this spell is ten seconds.
Screaming gale, This spell sends a high frequency blast of sound and air capable of stunning and temporarily deafening a group of enemies. The cast time for this spell is two seconds, making it the ideal spam spell.
War horn of the Gods, This is a highly destructive spell that shatters the ground with a sonic boom, it requires ten War screamers to cast and has a cast time of one hour.

So this is what I have so far. Thoughts?

@Yamatsu

I'm immediately imagining this within the context of D&D, with a Xorvlogoth bard using Warscreaming like death metal screams. Can they do screams and growls too, or just screams?

Deleted user

they can do growls, a spell that requires a growl would be shaking earth, That sends off a large subsonic and very low pitched noise that causes a mini earthquake, and Deafening silence actually requires a whisper

and yes its like death metal screams.

@Yamatsu

Sick! I imagine the difference in cadences from speaking to screaming sounding like Ivan Moody from Five Finger Death Punch.

Deleted user

Yeah, Ranges from softer to full on black or death metal different pitches/loudnesses also contribute to the overall strength of the spell