forum Butterfly... Magic..?
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 63 followers

Deleted user

Alright, I've got this Original Character that's part butterfly-part human. He's got these powers where he can summon butterflies. He also gets surrounded by them when danger's going to occur soon/after. Is there a name for that, or do you have a suggested name for it? I basically need help with names for all of this:

"butterfly magic" -
"man who can control butterfly magic" -
" warning sign butterflies " -

Thanks for your help! Please feel free to ask questions!

@Yamatsu

While I'm unsure of what to call "butterfly magic" as a whole, you could have moves named after certain species of butterflies. For example, Morpho Shield or Monarch Rush.

Is he the only person who can control creatures like this? If that's the case, then most people would call him "the butterfly dude" or something unless there was a name that was propagated either by himself or the people who picked a fight with him and lost. Maybe the Butterfly Viceroy? Something with a species in the name, preferably.

Reminds me of a mix between Spider-Sense and the Scout Flies from Monster Hunter: World. Butterflies already swarm when there's danger, but that's usually because something has disturbed them from where they were chilling out beforehand. Give him a big cloak or loose trenchcoat so that a whole bunch of butterflies can hang out in the folds or the pockets. Something like Swarm Cloak sounds good to me, but I'm not entirely sure.

Your character reminds me of Agitha from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, mostly her Hyrule Warriors incarnation. Check her out, and you'll see what I mean. Bugs are her forte, but she primarily uses Butterflies and Beetles.

Deleted user

While I'm unsure of what to call "butterfly magic" as a whole, you could have moves named after certain species of butterflies. For example, Morpho Shield or Monarch Rush.

Honestly that sounds wonderful. Thanks for that!

Is he the only person who can control creatures like this? If that's the case, then most people would call him "the butterfly dude" or something unless there was a name that was propagated either by himself or the people who picked a fight with him and lost. Maybe the Butterfly Viceroy? Something with a species in the name, preferably.

I've had him called 'monarch' before. Like, king butterfly, y'know.

Reminds me of a mix between Spider-Sense and the Scout Flies from Monster Hunter: World. Butterflies already swarm when there's danger, but that's usually because something has disturbed them from where they were chilling out beforehand. Give him a big cloak or loose trenchcoat so that a whole bunch of butterflies can hang out in the folds or the pockets. Something like Swarm Cloak sounds good to me, but I'm not entirely sure.

Aww alright!

Your character reminds me of Agitha from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, mostly her Hyrule Warriors incarnation. Check her out, and you'll see what I mean. Bugs are her forte, but she primarily uses Butterflies and Beetles.

I'll surely check her out! Thank you for your help!

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

Seems like you've gotten some help with this but if you wanted a name for the actual power to control butterflies, maybe Papiliopathy (communicates with butterflies) or Papilionesis (physically controls butterflies)? Most butterflies are from the Papilionoidea family, according to my five-minute research session, so that might be a cool name for a butterfly-related power. Idk, just a thought, I know it's a bit of a mouthful ^^;

Deleted user

Seems like you've gotten some help with this but if you wanted a name for the actual power to control butterflies, maybe Papiliopathy (communicates with butterflies) or Papilionesis (physically controls butterflies)? Most butterflies are from the Papilionoidea family, according to my five-minute research session, so that might be a cool name for a butterfly-related power. Idk, just a thought, I know it's a bit of a mouthful ^^;

That sounds awesome! I really like things that have intense names so I'll put this to mind as I further develop my magic! ( Well, his. )