forum Anybody with irl stories that might make good thriller prompts?
Started by @Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group
tune

people_alt 58 followers

@JayBirdFly

I was followed home once. I had to call the police. That could make for a terrifying story, if the police don't show up and the person gets inside. Luckily for me, he didn't get in before the cops showed up.

Deleted user

I was followed around by three guys in masks, I threatened to kick thhem in the nuts then I waved around my pocket knife.

Deleted user

not too crazy, but as a kid (while i was living in southeast asia) i used to really like jumping on hoses– like when we were gardening of watering the grass, i'd just jump and step on 'em. soooo, one day, i was playing in the garden, and i see what i thought was a hose, though a little bigger then a usual one,,,,,and i leap like an olympic long jumper, onto the hose and it moves underneath me, slithering into the bushes. i wasn't even in school yet, and i still have a bit of a problem with snakes today, (even though i love them, they give me anxiety)

Deleted user

Our school was in lockdown and there was a knock on the door. Luckily, it was just a staff member, and everyone turned out to be safe. There are a lot of threats directed at my school, so that kind of thing isn't uncommon.

@JasperHills

Well, I remember traveling with my oldest cousin through the back roads in Washington around like 12 in the morning. I was helping him with his towing job, and we were speeding around some corners and right in the middle of the road, we literally saw a pale looking man that's head was turned backwards and his body swayed like all the bones were dislocated. Well we both screamed and served around the guy and I looked back and notice that the person just vanished in thin air as we kept driving. My cousin blocked that out of his memory, but I still remember looking into those white glowing eyes.

Cameron

(I'm a bit late but) yeah twice i was jogging in a national park (lots of people use it for jogging and mountain biking so it wasn't deserted) and I'm 100% sure this older man was stalking me on his bike. I just kept seeing him behind me, looking at me.
I was only 16 so i didn't have the sense to ask someone for help, I just kept running from him and tried to stay near groups of people.
The scariest moments, though, would be when I'd stop seeing him because then paranoia would kick in.
(i only saw him 2 days, no clue what happened to him. maybe he did it to other girls and someone called him out…)

Deleted user

:) thanks. i was born there and i lived there for for about 10 years.
there are a lot of little things (outside of north american genres) that i think would work really well in a thriller; little details alike to southern gothic (?) that are particular to different parts of asia; most notably the populated tourist-trap destinations. something about the foreignness of commercial allure in formerly agricultural and rural areas.

calm_writer_gal group

when i was very young i was out riding my bike. i rode into my grass, and suddenly this car drove by, and stopped RIGHT in front of the curb, only a couple feet away from me. i could feel the man's stare. i heard the car door open and i FREAKED OUT.
being a (sort of stupidly) smart kid, i shot off my bike, dropping it onto the ground and sprinted into my garage, closing the door and locking it behind me, and running up to my room. i looked out the window to make sure my bike was still there. it was, but the car was gone.
i still see that car and the same guy driving around the neighborhood occasionally, and every time i see it, i remember that time.

(i said that i was stupid because i shouldn't have run into MY house, because then if he was a kidnapper…WELL if he was you can guess what could have happened… i was just trying to get away into safety.

Deleted user

when i was very young i was out riding my bike. i rode into my grass, and suddenly this car drove by, and stopped RIGHT in front of the curb, only a couple feet away from me. i could feel the man's stare. i heard the car door open and i FREAKED OUT.
being a (sort of stupidly) smart kid, i shot off my bike, dropping it onto the ground and sprinted into my garage, closing the door and locking it behind me, and running up to my room. i looked out the window to make sure my bike was still there. it was, but the car was gone.
i still see that car and the same guy driving around the neighborhood occasionally, and every time i see it, i remember that time.

(i said that i was stupid because i shouldn't have run into MY house, because then if he was a kidnapper…WELL if he was you can guess what could have happened… i was just trying to get away into safety.

I think it was really smart actually.. if I were in that situation… I would've just stared at him.

calm_writer_gal group

I think it was really smart actually.. if I were in that situation… I would've just stared at him.

gasp
im not as stupid as i thought i was