forum I need ideas for my new thriller story! Help?
Started by @JayBirdFly
tune

people_alt 64 followers

@JayBirdFly

Hey guys, so a bit of background: I really like writing thrillers and my most recent slice of life stories aren't cutting it for me, so I'm setting them aside to start a new story that can spark my creativity. Now, here's where my problem arises: I want to scare people with this story. I want to make them think "what if that happened to me?" and be terrified of the prospect.
So, here poses my question: What scares you?

Deleted user

well, for me, i'd have to say when a person or creature is strangely calm or their expression is stable while their body isn't, or vice versa; like Lupita Nyong'o in Us; her scratchy voice paired with her seemingly blank look and movements, or that one reddit story about a guy being followed late at night by this guy with a this— twisted smiling look as he was running straight at him and, like, ballet dancing in the street. so i'd say a mix of chaos and stability of some type, would be most terrifying, for me.

Mt. G router

One of the things that really scares me is the idea of being trapped or powerless. That feeling of being completely at the mercy of someone or something else is incredibly unsettling to me. Another fear that I have is the fear of the unknown. When I don't know what's going on or what's going to happen next, my imagination can start to run wild and create all sorts of terrifying possibilities.