forum Any recommendations for good psychological thrillers?
Started by @m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13
tune

people_alt 75 followers

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

I'm into a lot of genres of books and lately I've been exploring thrillers. I want to know some good psychological thrillers that you guys enjoyed.

@Yamatsu

I don't know if Stephen King counts as thriller or straight-up horror, but books like Mr. Mercedes and IT really tend to scare the crap out of people. Pet Sematary is also very good, from what I've heard.

Deleted user

Don't know many good books of that genre, but I know movies!
(Unbreakable, Split, Glass, The Butterfly Effect (the second movie isn't as good as the first))

@Yamatsu

This isn't a book but a youtube channel called Local 58. Really creepy stuff.

In a similar vein, the Kirlian Frequency is absolutely amazing and is currently on Netflix.

@m1dn1g7t_ri0ts_13

This isn't a book but a youtube channel called Local 58. Really creepy stuff.

In a similar vein, the Kirlian Frequency is absolutely amazing and is currently on Netflix.

Nice. I do have a Netflix account so I’ll watch it.

@JayBirdFly

Not sure if this is really a thriller as much as horror (I guess it kind of is), but my favorite book is What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz.

@JasperHills

I would recommend checking out Red Dragon by Hannibal Lecter for reading inspiration. Before I Go To Sleep (S.J. Watson) is also another good book to read up on!

If you want to go deeper into Psychology, I recommend checking up on stories about Asylums and what testing's they did their Patients and base it around those times.

@Yamatsu

I would recommend checking out Red Dragon by Hannibal Lecter for reading inspiration.

Is the author's name just a coincidence, or…?

@JasperHills

Oh No I messed up On the name. I thought about the character instead of the Author. It's by Thomas Harris. He made The Silence Of The Lamb as well if I remember correctly.

Deleted user

4 'Mulholland Drive' (2001)
5 'Frailty' (2001)
6 'Memento' (2000)
7 'Seven (or Se7en)' (1995)
8 'The Silence of the Lambs' (1991)
9 'Don't Look Now' (1973)
10 'Psycho' (1960)