forum Horror Ideas That Haunt Me
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 78 followers

Deleted user

I was unable to make a thread, so I just edited one I had already created.

This is a place where I share the horror and paranoia that is in my brain

Deleted user

Let's start with the flesh balloons
I had recently had my birthday and my family purchased balloons. After my birthday we had no use for them, so we just put them in my room for the time being.
That night they made noises, just regular noises at first, squeaking and bouncing against each other. It was a bit unsettling, so I moved them across the room so I didn't have to hear the noise.
I tried to sleep, but I could hear the rustling as something moved across my floor, barely grazing it. It was the balloons moving closer to me. I told myself it was just the breeze from my fan and I needed to go to sleep.
But I couldn't. My mind just kept going back to the balloons, so I turned around and saw something that was definitely not a balloon.
It was the shadowy form of a person, one that was still moving toward me.
I turned around, convincing myself that if it was actually something, my parents would come and hear my screams.
They'd be annoyed if I screamed and it wasn't for something real. So I kept my mouth shut and pulled a folded blanket over my ears and buried my face in pillow.
I wanted to burn them.
But they vanished the next morning.

Deleted user

Of course, my next ones are not as fleshed out, pardon the pun.

Deleted user

Mine isn't Horror but there's a ton of killing so idk =/

Deleted user

This one is the silent screamer
I coudln't sleep again, so I was just staring at the door from my best, hoping for my mind to get tired.
I closed my eyes for a moment, just blinking, and when I opened them, something was at the door. I could only describe it as… siren like. The skin looked wet and the features were too sharp. The coloration was a greyish blue. It had teeth, that's what I was mostly focused on. Long, sharp, could pierce through bone teeth.
I only saw the teeth because the mouth was open, jaw hidden. I'm not sure it even had a jaw.
I looked like it was screaming, but nothing was coming out. I knew it wasn't at a super high pitch because I have dogs and they were not awoken.
I shut my eyes, it was just my imagination I told myself.
I turned unto my left side and opened my eyes.
There it was, laying there, mouth open, about a foot from my face.
My ears started ringing and something inside my mind sscreamed.
Then it was gone.
The monster that is.
The ringing hasn't stopped.

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

I have a good idea for one, so here goes:
For as long as I can remember, my grandfather's had a collection of glass eyes. It's always been unsettling, and I dreaded the times when my parents would leave me at his house. No matter where I was in the house, the eyes were there, in glass cases on the walls.
One weekend, my parents went on vacation for their anniversary. I, of course, had to stay at my grandfather's house. He showed me to his guest room, which I knew well, and I unpacked my backpack. I pulled out a book, and sat down on the bed, trying to ignore the glass case on the wall.
As the grandfather clock out in the hallway struck midnight, I decided to go to sleep. I didn't bother changing into pajamas, just turned off the lights, pulled the musty-smelling covers over myself and closed my eyes.
I regret turning the lights off.
I woke up in the middle of the night. Checking my clock, I saw that it was 3:23. Odd. I never wake up in the middle of the night. As I turned around to go back to sleep, I heard a dripping sound. I tried to ignore it, but it wouldn't stop. I threw the covers off of me, and turned on the lights. Scanning the room, only one thing was off.
The case of eyes.
They were all dripping with blood.
I screamed, reaching a pitch I didn't know I could reach. I hid under the covers for hours. Maybe a neighbor would hear my scream. Maybe the police would come.
The phone in the guest room rang. I peeked at the clock from my hiding place. 5:18. With trembling hands, I picked it up, and held it to my ear.
"Is this Ellie Smith?" A voice on the other end inquired.
"Y-yes," I stammered. "Why, wh-what happened?"
The person on the other end let out a sigh. "Miss Smith, I regret to inform you that your parents are dead. They were killed in a car crash at exactly 3:23 this morning."
I never went to my grandfather's house again.

Deleted user

Ah, interesting.
Were the eyes all bleeding separately or was the case dripping with blood?
Was the case so full of blood that was dripping through any crack it could find?
Were the eyes real and the blood from each person the eyes had been torn away from?

@SpookyScarySnoteleks group

That did not occur to me

I wanna write a horror story that seems like an absolutely normal person going about their day, then the last sentence reveals that they're like.. a serial killer

Deleted user

Being extremely paranoid is good for something and that is making my mind come up with horrors