forum Cosplay, anyone?
Started by @RedTheLoveless
tune

people_alt 87 followers

@RedTheLoveless

I'm still relatively very new to the cosplay scene. For perspective, I got my first legitimate cosplay materials on my 18th birthday, and I started making cosplay videos only this year.
So yeah, I'm an older newbie with limited materials and experience.

I figured I would make this thread so fellow cosplayers can come congregate and talk, maybe give advice and share cosplays.

The rules of this chat are the same as Andrew's, and I can and will add more if need be.

1. No off-topic conversations. If it's not concerned with cosplay in any way, drop the subject or speak somewhere else.

I guess I'll go first to get the ball rolling. Hi, I'm Ace. My TikTok is @acer._.cos and I don't have a cosplay insta. I'm still trying to figure out editing and such.

My cosplays (either that I have, I can, or I want to do):

• Logan from Sanders Sides
  • Patton from Sanders Sides
  • Virgil from Sanders Sides
  • Izuku Midoriya from Boku No Hero Academia (Hero and Villain versions)
  • Shoto Todoroki from Boku No Hero Academia (Hero and Villain versions)
  • Ochako Uraraka from Boku No Hero Academia (Hero and Villain versions)
  • Rei Todoroki from Boku No Hero Academia
  • Shota Aizawa from Boku No Hero Academia (High School and Teacher versions)
  • Frisk from Undertale
  • Chara from Undertale
  • OC for BNHA (student)
  • OCs for HP (student and professor)
  • Fallon (Greek Gods Children OC)
  • Haffer (Masked OC)
  • Quiet (Masked OC)
  • Lust (Masked OC)

@SpookyJim

Welcome to the Cosplay community!
It's a lot of fun, I'll tell you that much. I've been cosplaying since I was 13, so I've got at least 3 years of experience under my belt. What can I help ya with? ^^

@RedTheLoveless

Welcome to the Cosplay community!
It's a lot of fun, I'll tell you that much. I've been cosplaying since I was 13, so I've got at least 3 years of experience under my belt. What can I help ya with? ^^

Literally just anything. I need help with a lot since I don't know much at all. Like, wig care for example. I can style them really well, but taking care of them is an issue for me since I have to store them for most of the week when I'm not home.
Makeup tips and tricks too. Like, how the fuck do I contour? And with what?!
Finding proper angles for videos/photos and lighting.
Not to mention setting up a backdrop.
Finding/getting good contacts and advice on wearing them.
How to gain enough confidence to cosplay in public?
What are conventions like?

sorry for so many questions. As you can probably tell, I'm hella a newbie

Deleted user

Contour palettes are the best thing to use to contour, I haven’t mastered changing face shape though. Angles and lighting change based on the person/costume/mood, backdrops are fun! Do what you want, from just setting up a curtain to going to a park for a photo shoot.
Contacts, the medium-priced ones are the best, and do! Not! Layer! Them! Especially for an extended time!
Screw confidence, cosplay in public, the only comments you’ll get are compliments, everyone else is too scared to talk to you lol.
Conventions are crowded and gross but still fun to meet a crap ton of other supergeeks.

@RedTheLoveless

Well… I don't have a contour palette, but I do have eyeshadow and blush that I can improvise with I guess.

Any recommendations about where to find those medium-priced contacts?

Yeah, but I don't want to cosplay alone, y'know?

Deleted user

More cosplay friends!
I'm on tiktok as UnseelieKing and have over a thousand followers.

@RedTheLoveless

More cosplay friends!
I'm on tiktok as UnseelieKing and have over a thousand followers.

Looks like you're going to gain at least one more follower (me)

@GoodThingGoing group

I don't do a ton of cosplay (I don't have a Tik Tok or an Insta) but I do enjoy doing cosplay-ish stuff for cons and events! I want to join the 501st Garrison when I'm old enough and go around to events with them!
Stuff I've done:

• Victor Frankenstein
  • Jyn Erso
  • Nymphadora Tonks
  • Holden Caufield
  • Ummm…I think that's it lol, not very many

Deleted user

I don’t cosplay online I do cons and homemade costumes for fun.
I’ve done

• Botw Zelda
  • 4 “main” sanders sides, using closet materials only
  • Deku
  • Shoto Todoroki
  • Rey
  • Weeping Angel, it was a great cosplay but also a long time ago
  • I feel like there’s more but idk so whoops

@GoodThingGoing group

I've done Rey too! I was in 6th grade and it was really bad so I didn't mention it lol.
I like to incorporate little bits of characters into my everyday outfits. For example, I have a quartz necklace that looks like Jyn Erso's kyber crystal that I wear every day, and I'll sometimes do my hair like Rey (specifically during the battle in Snoke's throne room) for formal events.

@RedTheLoveless

So I've been considering this for a bit but some feedback from yall would be great.

So on TikTok, some users turn their videos into a story, and they tell that story using themselves as the character(s) and allowing the audience to interact by choosing the direction in which the story heads.

I've been contemplating doing something like that, but I'm unsure of which characters and what story to tell.
I know that the one I've been thinking of the most is with Chara and Frisk (and allowing duets from others if necessary). At first, I would want to tell the story of how they meet, Chara being an angry, vengeful ghost trying to possess Frisk (in my theory), and Frisk being a depressed and slightly suicidal bean. They fight at first, but then it turns into an odd sort of ?friendship?, before becoming solidified by a traumatic event. Now the two can see eye-to-eye and live in somewhat-peaceful co-existence, that is, until it's revealed that there's a way for Chara to obtain their own physical form and not having to rely on Frisk. Now, while both are motivated to get Chara their own body, they still have shaky foundations of trust, and begin questioning themselves about the others' true motives. Not to mention that, but the other monsters in the Underground are dead-set on either stopping Chara from obtaining a form or obliterating them once they do. etc. etc. blah blah blah story proceeds as expected (kinda)

but like yeah… I guess I can do other stories with different characters, but I just haven't thought about them as much as I've thought about this one

@RedTheLoveless

Really?
Thank you!

I'm open to feedback/suggestions about it because so much is still subject to change (I haven't even written a script out yet so yeah, it hasn't gotten very far yet)