forum Can anyone prompt questions and try to find discrepancies in my hard magic system for a book I'm writing?
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 41 followers

Deleted user

Magic is fueled by Aether Dust, an omnipresent stuff. A human body can pull it from things around it, and use it. Spoken magic uses more than using your Aura. Using your aura draws on power from your body and soul.

Deleted user

Anybody who has an activated aura can use magic. The rick level varies with the types of magic used and how much is used. One of the biggest drawbacks to using magic is that if you are not trained to use it properly, and run out of energy for the magic to run off of, then the magic will start to use your body as fuel, starting with carbs, proteins and fats, and later, muscle and bone.

There are 6 types of magic;
Earth magic is what most humans use. It includes most elements, and all the run-of-the-mill spells.
Air magic i the most common magic for humans to use outside of Earth. It supports more complicated spells, and telekinesis.
Life magic entails control over nature, healing, and raising the briefly dead. Small amounts of creation and time magic. Can increase other people’s lifespan at the expense of their own.
Order magic is basically reality magic. It allows the user to influence the laws of probability and physics. Overuse will turn the user into a statue-like figure.
Chaos magic allows it’s users to create and control destabilization around them, as well a travel through time and space.
Death magic i the most dangerous magic. It can reanimate the long dead, allow users to kill with a look or touch, see and influence a person’s cause of death, and bestow virtual immortality. Can drain life from another creature and use it for themself.

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

Great! I love the detail about how it drains people if they over-use it XD And I like the diversity of the magic too! How is it decided who can use what type of magic? Is it genetic, or can anybody choose any type to learn, or does the magic "choose" certain people?

Deleted user

Humans by nature can use earth and air magic. Any others require extra training or magical items for "safe" use.

Deleted user

Pure magic is called aether dust. All living things generate it, or pull it from the realm of magic
It is not sentient.

Deleted user

Technology usually goes fritzy around magic, although, if you od on order magic, you get stuck with a semblance of technology magic. The tech and culture are fairly modern, but the medicen is slightly advanced, so that cancer is fairly cureable.

Deleted user

No, but the rule of conduct do change with the different communities. Yes, there are actually 3.
The first is the normal magic users, from mixed decent, whether they are humani, daemon, vampire or sylvan.
Th second is the "gods" and other powerful figures.
Th last i the other-planar humani, who live on a lower plane of reality, where magic is a commonly used as technology.

Deleted user

Yes. Generally, the use of death and chaos magic are frowned upon. Magic is usually studied independently, but in certain cults and sororities, it is studied as a group under specific biases and stipulations. Users develop their own understanding.

Deleted user

Yes, there are Varux spells, which are varying creation and summoning spells for royalty to use for gaining servants, food, or amassing armies.

Deleted user

Usually, they don't know how, but if they o, there' no true law stopping them, it's just that idea of "How dare you try to be better than who you are."

Deleted user

The origin is fairly consistent.
Different people different details.
Here is what I’ve decided is the true story (Excuse the tory-like format):
Before anything existed. Before time ran or space filled the void, Aether sat alone. In the void of nothing, he had only herself and God a company. Aether grew lonely, and gave birth to the first magics when God created the first creatures to inhabit the universe. The first magics were Time, Space, Mind, Soul, Love and War, what made the First 5 Humani sentient beings. Each of the Humani tribe’s leaders was imbued with these powers. In time, the first humani became greedy and tried to steal the power that belonged to each other. Aether became angry at their greed and took their power, reverting them to a state that can only be described as animal.
After a time, Aether wept for her children and from her tears, sprung the first gods, embodying the current Cardinal magics.(The Hexetard, they were called). Chaos, Order, Earth, Air, Life, and Death. Kikkan Chao and Hirean Dhen (Meaning “Writhing Chaos” an “Falling End”, or “Imminent Death”) The eldest and brother, Kikkan, held dominion over Chao, Life and Air. The younger sister ruled Order, death and Earth. From these two, came everything.

Deleted user

They tend to meddle a little, but these two sort of withdrew from humanity a few thousand years ago. The many current deities are much more meddlesome, and are basically super powerful people.