forum HUMAN Races?
Started by @Moriarty
tune

people_alt 41 followers

@Moriarty

Has anyone thought about trying to make multiple races of humans, rather than a bunch of mythological ones? Like what about making human races that are different than the ones we have irl, but are still 100% human?

@Starfast group

That's literally how I've been using the races pages.Right now I have 2, but I still have 3 more that I need to make. The stories that I write don't really call for non-human races (not that I'll never write about them but as of right now I kind of prefer to focus on human characters).

@Moriarty

Same. I have two human races I've started so far and countless more to come. I considered non human races, but I like the human variation

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

I mean, humans already have races, obviously. That's where the term "racist" comes from. I'm not sure how you'd create races of humans that are still completely human, but not the system we already have…?
Maybe I'm just missing something here? Idk

@Moriarty

@Young-Dusty
Well I know that. Whether or not humans have races wasn't my question. I'm trying to create my own. It's interesting to try if you have the patience and capacity to focus on it long enough.
I usually take some things that aren't race specific in the real world… like, for example, I made a race of purely Albino people. In my world it's normal instead of s condition, but they're still exactly like people from our universe in most other aspects. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I was hoping someone else could help me with more ideas on how to do this, which is why I wasn't asking IF you can do this, but how. I mean, I'm obviously aware that there are human races. I just see a lot of people focusing on fantasy races like elves and stuff, yet there are no discussions about making actual races of humanity. I'm looking for tips on human races because no one else is talking about it. There are plenty of ways to do it if you can be creative and imaginative, but I am seeking some external input from someone else who has done this.

@Starfast group

For me, a lot of it just boils down to the cultural aspects. There's not much in my races that would be considered weird, unique, or otherwise out of the ordinary in our world as far as looks go– they just like like normal people. It's things like their beliefs, clothing, traditions, etc. that makes them unique. I hope that made sense?

edit: I think a better way of saying all that is that I think of my races more as ethnicities.

@Young-Dusty-the-Monarch-of-Dusteria group

I understand now, thank-you both for clearing that up. I realize I probably sounded pretty obnoxious when I asked about it, but I was legitimately puzzled about what you meant ^^;
I wish you all luck designing more races, I've never tried it but it sounds fun now that I know what it is!

@Moriarty

@Young-Dusty
Ah, that's alright. ^u^ It's usually difficult to understand exactly what someone means when you can't hear tones, even for me– someone who basically lives on the internet. Thank you, and happy world building!

@Starfast
Thank you for your comments as well! I looked at some of your races once before. They look awesome!!!