forum Contortion/Flexibility?
Started by @Norepinephrinxx
tune

people_alt 41 followers

@Shuri-the-Floof-Doggo

Yeah, I'm trying to become more flexible, mainly as a way to improve the other aspects of my physique as well! The more flexible I get, the better I will be able to use my endurance, and speed. And the easier it will get for me to leverage thing so I can become stronger by it.

@Norepinephrinxx

Yeah, I was working on my spilts really hard for a while and I kind of have it now. I'm working a lot on my back flexibility and strength right now

Deleted user

Ah. A young lass gets inspired by the art of contortion, only to learn not but a few months later that she has a back problem that will stunt her ability to do most contortion and make her be much slower than the rest. I'M STILL GONNA FUCKING TRY MY HARDEST THOUGH OKAY? FITE ME BITCHES WHO SAY I CAN'T!!

Okay rant over now. Anyways, have y'all got some tips I can borrow to get more flexible?

@Norepinephrinxx

Hell yeah Red you got this!! Ummm tips
Focus on breathing, make sure you breathe when your in stretches
Sometimes I will wear flexible clothes if Im just around the house and then I can just stretch whenever, like if I'm cooking Ill stretch while waiting, watching tv I'll stretch, Im litterally stretching right now. That might not work for everyone but I feel more motivated to do it if I'm already in clothes for it and I don't have to go change
Keep at it,
Don't get discouraged if you take a break and lose some flexibility, from personal experience I find it way easier to get it back the second time around
If its available take a class on contortion or flexibility, even yoga can help but if not theres aways the good ole youtube
Don't push yourself too hard or you might risk injuring yourself
Find stretches that you like doing and that work for you, if all your doing is stretches you hate then you won't want to stretch. Switch them out with other poses that stretch whatever the old pose you hates in a similar way
Storytime: One time I was stretching my legs really hard every single day and them at night I started getting horrible horrible muscle spasms that would leave my leg sore and stiff for 2 days afterwards so uh don't do that
Taking photos can be a helpful way to track progress so you can actual see the change, its hard to tell sometimes since your getting better little my little
Ummm yeah thats all I can think of at the moment

@Norepinephrinxx

I don't know but I did an aerial yoga 4 week class with my friend early last year and that really made me want to become more flexible because it was so much fun

Deleted user

Um… flexibility. I'm naturally way more flexible than most in my arms and shoulders. Does that count?