forum Naming a location
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 57 followers

Deleted user

I find it so difficult to name the locations, plants, animals, magics, deities, and countries in my stories. However, at the current moment with the story I'm writing, it's location that I need the most help naming.

If anyone has ideas, tips, tricks, or methods for naming locations, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Right now I specifically need help naming: a kingdom, a town on the outskirts of the kingdom, the forest surrounding the town, a grill sort of restaurant in the town, and a brothel. If that helps.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Have a lovely rest of your day and good luck with your own writing.

W3irder_W3irdo

What is the Kingdoms current culture? Sometimes you can find it easier to name things if they have a background, or they stand out for a certain thing. For example, (This is a fake kingdom) "There is a kingdom not too far from the royal nation's borders. The Kingdom of Sirens, Their name suits them well, considering they are known for their beautiful appearance and culture, but, they have one of the cruelest emperors. It is said that once you are caught for committing a crime, the penalties are worse than death itself." This doesn't always work for everyone, but it has worked for me in the past. O hope you find it easier to create and come up with names in the future. (Sorry if there are any grammatical errors)

Deleted user

I've never heard that one before. That's really clever. Thank you.