forum Super Smash Bros!
Started by Deleted user
tune
Edit topic

people_alt 76 followers

Deleted user

Honestly, I have been playing Mario in the World of Light for way too long… I feel like I main Mario now, but… I just have a strange feeling now with Mario….
Yet… I hardly played Mario before.
Usually I just play as ya Ness boi.

@Becfromthedead group

My oldest brother mains Ness. I can't seem to control him well enough to even mess around as him though. It's kind of sad. I've been playing as Bowser in World of Light because he's super heavy and I can kill an enemy in like 2 hits with him, but he's not my real main.
I really like sword characters. I tried to play Cloud, but his recovery is really bad. Marth was my main in Smash 4, but I have some bad habits with him that I can't seem to break (spamming counter and dancing blade). I messed around with Ike some, and I like him a lot. They made him better than in 4. Buuuut…. I still counter spam because I'm the worst. I'm trying to break the habit though. I think Chrom is also really cool, but for him and Ike, I for some reason often have trouble with recovery. For the past few days, I've been playing as Link, and he seems like a good option.
I think I've narrowed it down to Ike, Chrom, and Link at least.

Deleted user

I remember when I checked out Ness (and Lucas technically) for the first time, and had absolutely NO idea how to use his recover. But I've gotten so good as to hit myself into other fighters (lol) yet I kinda rarely use Villager and Luigi, my other two peeps…

Like I said, because of World of Light I've been playing as Mario a ton for some reason….

@Becfromthedead group

Last time I played as Ness, my boyfriend thought it was 100% appropriate to play as villager, knock me offstage, then pocket my pk thunder when I tried to recover…

Deleted user

Yoooooooos
Noss for life….

And dealing with recovery…
My brother always thought it was funny to be Browser and use his side special off the edge of a stage… So both he and you would die…. Uuuhgh.

Deleted user

Yeah… I never played as those super heavy dudy dudes…
I was always those lightweight guys and air-attacking constantly.
It's all I do, and I think it's a bad habit.

@Becfromthedead group

That's what most lightweight characters are meant for. I don't air attack enough, even though I play the types of characters that are supposed to do that. Apparently sword characters are supposed to combo and juggle people in the air, but it's so hard for me.

Deleted user

Until you dodge in midair…
But yeah.
The worst are people who edge guard all the time…

@Becfromthedead group

True, but I do it in really scary ways sometimes. With Link, I just throw a bomb, and with Ike, I charge up forward smash. With Chrom it's best not to edge guard, but to instead dash back and forth as intimidation…

Deleted user

Yup.
I do dash attacks all the time.
And it's kinda annoying, but it gets the job done…

Deleted user

The person who played Smash Ultimate on release even though it was on my Uncles console is here.

@Yamatsu

I'm sorry, King Dedede is the best character hands down! Great recovery, super heavy, and has a pretty good ranged option that can be knocked around like a pinball! He's got a hammer! How many other characters do you know (aside from Ice Climbers) use hammers?

Deleted user

I'm sorry, King Dedede is the best character hands down! Great recovery, super heavy, and has a pretty good ranged option that can be knocked around like a pinball! He's got a hammer! How many other characters do you know (aside from Ice Climbers) use hammers?

Kirby uses a hammer XD, I honestly think the best character I’ve ever played in smash 4 would have to be Corrin, great recovery, two stun moves, long ranged smash attacks, a counter better then any other counter in Smash 4(in my opinion), and best of all, it has two genders.

Deleted user

…Literally everyone if you have hammers and golden hammers turned on.
Lol that was a joke.
Then literally no one else.

@Becfromthedead group

Kirby uses a hammer XD, I honestly think the best character I’ve ever played in smash 4 would have to be Corrin, great recovery, two stun moves, long ranged smash attacks, a counter better then any other counter in Smash 4(in my opinion), and best of all, it has two genders.

Corrin is good, but I've taken to always calling them "Corn" instead of Corrin because memes… I shouldn't be allowed to play as Corrin anymore.

Deleted user

Corrin is good, but I've taken to always calling them "Corn" instead of Corrin because memes… I shouldn't be allowed to play as Corrin anymore.

XD well I got Corrin in smash 4 a month ago.