forum New: site redesign is live
Started by @Eldest-God-andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin
tune

people_alt 104 followers

@Eldest-God-andrew health_and_safety flash_onAdmin

Wooo! It's been a long time coming, but the new site design is now live and I can get back to feature work. This redesign addresses almost every commonly-complained-about UX issue and vastly improves the experience on mobile and tablet devices as well. There's a lot more design room for me to add additional features and improve existing ones, and I can't wait to grow into that room with a ton of new tools to make worldbuilding even better soon.

You can read the full (technically technical) changelog here, but the TL;DR is everything should feel a lot snappier and cleaner.

I fully expect there to be a bump or two in the new design and things to improve over time, and I fully fully expect to make those improvements. I'm very excited for the creative space the design opens up for me, so I'll primarily be working on new features from here on, but if anyone has suggestions on how to improve the new design on any existing pages I would love to hear them.

Happy worldbuilding! :)

@SaltyLasagna

It looks pretty awesome on my phone! There are some crowded buttons that make pages a bit difficult to navigate, but overall its good!
And I really like the new sidebar, it makws things a lot easier and the site feels msore organized, which I really love.
Overall, the new design is great!

@Becfromthedead group

It looks really good! I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but the new sidebar design makes it a lot easier to ignore discussions if you want to stay focused on worldbuilding or other actual story-related things. It also feels really well-organized. I like this new design a lot!

Deleted user

I was shocked but overall it is actually a very beautiful design