Aeyobia is a small peninsula kingdom that has been ruled by the Lee Dynasty for the last one hundred and fifty years. Once a prosperous land with joyful people is now bleaker than ever. The kingdom has gone through hard times and with the help of their king, another may soon follow.
King Jehan has been ruling for the last eight years, and in that time the kingdom has not gotten any better; some even argue it has taken a turn for the worst. The king is ruthless, giving out harsh immoral punishments to the innocent and guilty alike. He has let corruption run through the court. Servants, scholars, and even the queen avoid his presence. The chief secretary, Chae Radu, knows that this is a dilemma that must be solved.
He finds a clown, a performer, who looks and sounds just like King Jehan. Well, the chief secretary meets the clown as he is trying to run away from the capital guards. Chief Secretary Chae gives the clown an offer: either fill in for the king while he silently recovers far away, or let him and his younger siblings suffer. The clown ends up in the king's robes, bearing the same scar on his left shoulder blade, sitting on the throne, stepping up to the corrupted Ursu Council and the queen dowager, and begins to show kindness to others, especially the queen whom he falls for.
Yet his identity cannot be revealed. The chief secretary advises him to not engage in a relationship with the queen, but when the real king mysteriously dies and Chief Secretary Chae leaves on an envoy mission, what is to happen next with the crowned clown?
- This is sort of like a historical rp since it takes place during the late 16th century. Aeyobia is of course fictional but it draws inspiration from Joseon, Romania, and a little bit of France/Spain.
- Also this is a bxg. We can discuss roles, although I would prefer having my character be the queen.
- While we will have our main characters, you may have minor/secondary characters when needed.
- Experienced rpers only
- At least one to three paragraphs per response
- If we do get to the sexy times, we will just skip over it
- Andrew's rules
- Have fun! Let me know if you have any questions or ideas too. :D